Options

Tough decision

Bsweezy0821Bsweezy0821 Posts: 213 ★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’ve had some good luck the last couple of weeks with some of my pulls. Got both 5* aegon AND 5* nick. My question is which one should i awaken first once I get a gem?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    I’d go for Nick ,..I have both r5 and awakened. Aegon has his uses but NF has more all around use and excellent synergies with both Quake and Cmm, whom are both excellent champs in their own right. Aegon also requires high sig and so a lot of stones , NF just needs the gem.
  • Options
    NF is also great for AW defence or attack,..Aegon not so much.
  • Options
    Imo,...hope that helps .
  • Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★

I’ve had some good luck the last couple of weeks with some of my pulls. Got both 5* aegon AND 5* nick. My question is which one should i awaken first once I get a gem?

Nick 100%
  • Options
    Bsweezy0821Bsweezy0821 Posts: 213 ★★

depends where you’re at in the game

I’m trying to work on act 5 exploration
  • Options
    DogfoodLidDogfoodLid Posts: 130
    Aegon awakened helps more if you still have content you need him for.
    Nick is solid awakened, but 95%+ of what inuse him fornis first life.
  • Options
    mattressmattress Posts: 413 ★★★
    Fury
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 902 ★★★

depends where you’re at in the game

I’m trying to work on act 5 exploration
    Nick Fury definitely

Aegon is not pretty useful in Act5
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,789 ★★★★★
    For me, there is no debate. Awakening Aegon is a game-changing moment regardless of where you are in the game.

Nick if a fantastic champ, even unawakened. And for Act 5, if you happen to have (any rarity) Heimdall and Hela, you can make him even more amazing (pretty much as having awakened him) at full health that stays full.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,351 ★★★★★
    Nick for questing, aegon for lol and abyss. Personally aegon needs high sigs so i would prefer nick over him
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Lots of Nick supporters here. I'll just say, there are lots of other champs you can use in place of Nick to clear story and variant content. In Abyss, no other champ comes close to being as useful as Aegon.

R3 sig 200 Aegon here, very happy.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 846 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    Personally I have both awakened and at r5 (Ægon is sig 200 and nick is somewhere between 1-200 but he doesn’t need sigs) and I use nick significantly more than Ægon. I’d say 9/10 times I use nick and 1/10 times I use Ægon. If that.

However, you can’t deny how insane Ægon is for long content like labyrinth and abyss. He’s crazy for it. He’s also great in act 6 and 7 - although I used fury in those parts more haha.

So it’s really up to you - based on where you’re at in the game. If you see yourself doing an abyss run relatively soon, and you have a couple of other horsemen (torch, doom, etc), consider Ægon. However if you just want a solid skill champ to take you through questing and general content, nick is a better choice.

Also, to those saying that nick does most of what he does when he’s his first life - I disagree. He loses the ability to keep tactical charges permanent (I’m talking without fury synergies like heimdall because that’s not practical, especially in later content), which is huge. It means you gotta spam sp1 to keep up your miss/evade counter, and it’s extremely difficult to reach the ‘damaging debuff purify on knockdown’ ability and it’s even harder to reach his unblockable which is so awesome. It all just becomes a lot less practical and his utility becomes limited because of this.

However in his second life, when he has a fury, it’s much more than a massive damage gain. He can keep his tactical charges (and gain x2) so not only is it faster to access that amazing utility, but it’s permanently there. That alone makes him worth awakening, that utility that’s so easily accessible and once you’ve got there, you don’t have to think about reactivating it. Then of course, you have the huge damage increase that’s really nice - and the bonuses of having a second life - tanking an sp3, having that safety net in case you take a combo, etc.

Awakening him is so valuable and it makes nick feel so much more complete. Otherwise, I feel his utility lacks as it’s just not practical to maintain well. Additionally he doesn’t really need sig levels since sigs only decrease the degeneration damage he takes in his second life - but you get to 30% either way so it’s not worth the stones.

Ægon is nuts when awakened. Unawakened, he’s near useless. It’s like having a car but you can’t refill the gas, so you gotta buy a new car each time. But when he’s awakened, it’s a normal car, and the combo is carried over, making it so much better for long content.

Ok that was a terrible analogy but my point is that awakening him is essential for stuff like labyrinth and abyss, as he can bank his combo, shortening his ramp up on each future fight. Like nick, it makes his utility a lot more accessible (true accuracy, DAAR, etc) as he can carry it over and he doesn’t need to build a large combo each fight to reach it. Also, the awakened ability makes fights faster as your combo increases your damage, so each fight goes faster which makes him significantly better to play.

However Ægon needs high sig to have up to 75% of his combo carry over. Low sig Ægon doesn’t have much combo to carry so it’s not much of a boost for the next fights.

So that’s my opinion. Nick for ordinary stuff, Ægon for long content. Depends where you’re at. If you’re still completely torn and you’re thinking about BOTH questing and long content like abyss, then put it this way - if you need both, Ægon can do both. Sure, nick does it better, a lot better in most cases, but nick can’t effectively do all the abyss fights than Ægon can - at least not as practically and as easily (from my knowledge) so for that reason - I’d say Ægon in this circumstance.

But if you’re just focused on regular content and you don’t really wanna think about long content yet, then nick is probably the better choice.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    If you are still in Act 5, then NF.
    He is still pretty useful in Act 6/7.
    Aegon is a niche champ and you need long fight to built his combo.