**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RAGE NODE ADVICE (Edited for clarity)

DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Alright guys here is something, that i wanted to post and take suggestions from veterans in the game, so that it might end up helping lot of new gamers here.

Question For Today ?

How Do You Guys Deal With Rage Node (Damage Taken in a single hit is capped at 2.50% of Max Health, gaining fury, upon 5 stacks, next attack is unblockable ?

Comments

• Options

I've edited the title to reflect that you're seeking help rather than making a suggestion, just to ensure the right people see the thread.

Ok thanks, will be sharing few questions, in next few days to keep the forum more interactive and helpful, will post it in suggestion & tips section next time, thanks
  • Options
    DJMNH said:

I've edited the title to reflect that you're seeking help rather than making a suggestion, just to ensure the right people see the thread.

Ok thanks, will be sharing few questions, in next few days to keep the forum more interactive and helpful, will post it in suggestion & tips section next time, thanks
    I moved the thread to Strategy, if you are seeking advice on how to play the game then you can post it in here. Suggestions is for improvements or changes that can be made to the game.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Archangel works as well.
  • Options

Archangel works as well.

I dont hv archangel, I had used couple of times BWCV and Symbiote Supreme. My main reason behind this post is to help others too, who don't feel comfortable with certain nodes and have less knowledge on how to deal with it. And even these sort of post will help me too to get more knowledgeable and help others if needed.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    @J0eySn0w has pointed out the 2 best ways to work with it, along with a few more pointers to remember.

You could use burst damage champions too, I guess. Champions like Red Hulk, Guilly 2099 and Silver surfer deal more damage from the red numbers rather than their basic attacks, hence they use their own ways to work around the rage nodes.

In most of the situations, we don't use champions who exceed the 2.5% cap. Probably in war, or maybe while exploring content, we might want to keep this in mind.
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

Two main ways around Rage Node:
    1. Champs will easy access to nullify. Ex, Doom, BWCV, etc
    2. Champs whose main damage comes from DOT instead of specials or basic combo attack. Ex, Archangel, Human Torch, Havok (stay away from specials and use plasma feedback damage).
    Note:
    - avoid using boosts that increases your damage as it’ll most likely make it worse even for champs mentioned above.
    - Rage node is unaffected by AAR, important to keep in mind. Magneto won’t worth against metals on the that node, neither will Falcon’s locked-on.
    I hope this is helpful.

Loved your explanation.. just curious to ask full form of DOT ??
  • Options

@J0eySn0w has pointed out the 2 best ways to work with it, along with a few more pointers to remember.

You could use burst damage champions too, I guess. Champions like Red Hulk, Guilly 2099 and Silver surfer deal more damage from the red numbers rather than their basic attacks, hence they use their own ways to work around the rage nodes.

In most of the situations, we don't use champions who exceed the 2.5% cap. Probably in war, or maybe while exploring content, we might want to keep this in mind.

So basically you prefer champs like G2099, RHulk, Surfer, any other ones you use apart from Quake or mystic champs ?
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Archangel works as well.

He doesn't. Rage isn't affected by AAR. I used r5 AA against a 92k health BWDO in AW, no boosts or suicides and he triggered 3 rage furies before she died. I was kinda surprised. I didn't expect his basic damage to be that high though I have used him against an Ultron drone in incursions. Took forever.
  • Options
    DJMNH said:

J0eySn0w said:

Two main ways around Rage Node:
    1. Champs will easy access to nullify. Ex, Doom, BWCV, etc
    2. Champs whose main damage comes from DOT instead of specials or basic combo attack. Ex, Archangel, Human Torch, Havok (stay away from specials and use plasma feedback damage).
    Note:
    - avoid using boosts that increases your damage as it’ll most likely make it worse even for champs mentioned above.
    - Rage node is unaffected by AAR, important to keep in mind. Magneto won’t worth against metals on the that node, neither will Falcon’s locked-on.
    I hope this is helpful.

Loved your explanation.. just curious to ask full form of DOT ??
    DOT- Damage over time.
  • Options
    DJMNH said:

So basically you prefer champs like G2099, RHulk, Surfer, any other ones you use apart from Quake or mystic champs ?
    Well, yes. They are an option too.
    DOT champions and Mystics make the fights much easier.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Duped Ronan is also a viable option. He laughs at them getting more fury as it just makes stun lock so much easier.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    DJMNH said:

Those champs listed here are very good options, I have G2099 and Rhulk, most of their damage comes from burst damage scaling from combo and heat charges respectively. Their basic combo and special by itself doesn’t do a lot of damage compared to others.
    Consider this scenario: you’re facing a heavy immunity defender, say Thing who is nullify, bleed, and shock immune. Another example is Civil Warrior who is nullify immune and has bleed & poison resistant. These defenders rule out a decent amount of options to counter rage node, most mystics and some bleed reliant attackers. Depending on your roster, G2099 and Rhulk can get the job done.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    No one has mentioned some of the other champs that cannot crit (besides g2099) so far. Guardian and crossbones are pretty effective for Rage too. However, only throw Guardian's sp2 if you're sure it will kill them (which it will likely do if you're high sig and charges are ramped from sp3s only) or they will go unblockable immediately from his sp2.

And of course, quake is the answer if there is nothing on the node (like caltrops) that limits her or it's not a defender that reduces her offensive ability accuracy or has true strike.

I've also seen people use lower rank champs to avoid hitting damage caps. You have to play well and avoid block damage as much as possible so you don't have to use items as much, but its easier to farm and use potions to top up than units in revives.
  • Options
    ParthSavaliyaParthSavaliya Posts: 13
    I had most success with Shuri, unless the opponent is immune to shock. Remember someone like Galan won't work as the harvest complete damage is also capped at 2.5%
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 896 ★★★★

I had most success with Shuri, unless the opponent is immune to shock. Remember someone like Galan won't work as the harvest complete damage is also capped at 2.5%

Bro this post is from 3 years ago...I'd hope OP had figured out a solution by now