Champion Spotlight - The Overseer
MCOC Team Posts: 427Administrator∙Moderator ›
edited June 2021 in Champion Spotlights
About The Overseer
A younger version of Maestro from an alternate reality that is equal in every way, except he still maintains his sanity. The Overseer has just started his conquering career and while he isn’t villainous, he’s not quite noble either. He uses Captain America's shield for defense, and the Silver Surfer board as a giant cleaver, but his most powerful weapon is a copy of the Infinity Gauntlet that holds the Cosmic Cube, which he uses to travel across the Battlerealm looking for conquest.
The Overseer's Mechanics
The Overseer gains Gamma Power every time the Opponent gains a bar of Power, increasing his Attack Power and potency of some of his Debuffs. When he reaches three stacks of Gamma Power he can activate the Cosmic Cube by launching a Special Attack, which grants him some cosmic abilities. While normally an Opponent with lots of power is a big threat, the Overseer has a reliable access to Taunt which gives him a good level of control over the Opponent’s power level.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||43600||3023||13710|
Character Class: Science
Basic Abilities: Gamma Power, Taunt, Stun, Disorient
- Nullify, Fate Seal and Stagger Immune
- Not only is he Immune to those effects he also punishes those who attempt to hit him with any of those abilities.
- Punishes Special Attack Usage
- Both as an Attacker and a Defender he can punish Opponents who use too many Special Attacks.
- Opponents with Purify can shut down his kit.
- Opponent with no Power Gain
- He gains Gamma Power as the Opponent gains power, if the Opponent has no Power Gain his ramp up slows down.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Immune to Nullify, Fate Seal and Stagger.
- An enhanced Immune system provides a full Immunity to the Poisons of the Battlerealm.
- When the Opponent gains a Bar of Power gain an indefinite Gamma Power granting 351.9 Attack Rating and 17% Potency of his personal Debuffs from Special Attacks. Max 6 Stacks.
- At 3 or more Stacks of Gamma Power, after launching a Special Attack consumes all stacks and activates Cosmic Mode, lasting 3.33 second(s) per Gamma Power, but it is paused during Special Attacks from the Overseer or the Opponent. Cosmic Mode lasts 50% longer for Defenders.
- For each Gamma Power gained while in Cosmic Mode, instead gain a non-stacking Fury Buff granting 586.5 Attack Rating per Gamma Power used to enter the mode, with its total duration equaling its Cosmic Mode starting duration.
- Light Attacks deal a Burst of 1548.36 Physical Damage.
After Opponent Launches a Special - Special Concussion
- Inflict an indefinite Special Concussion Debuff, reducing Ability Accuracy by 10% during Special Attacks. Max 7.
- Reducing a Combo of 3 or more to a lower amount removes one stack of Special Concussion.
- Inflict a non-stacking Taunt Debuff for 10 seconds(s). Opponents that are Taunted have their Attack reduced by 20% and have a 70% higher chance to activate Special Attacks. This ability goes on cooldown for 20 second(s) if activated.
After a Special - Cap’s Shield
- Gain an Auto-Block Passive, giving 100% chance to Auto-Block Basic Attacks when Struck twice, it lasts for 7 second(s) or until triggered.
- The Overseer is Stun Immune while Auto-Block is active.
| Special 1 - Supersonic Impact
| Special 2 - Cleaving Strike
| Special 3 - Cosmic Assault
| Signature Ability - Retaliation
IDENTITY DISORDER - Unique - With Hulk, Hulk (Ragnarok), Joe Fixit
- Hulk, Hulk (Ragnarok), Joe Fixit: Their scrambled personality makes them Immune to reverse controls.
CUBE WIELDERS - Unique - with Red Skull, Thanos
- The Overseer: 50% chance to gain an Indefinite Gamma Power when the Opponent launches a Special while taunted.
- Red Skull: 8% chance per Armor Up to inflict Armor Break on Special 2 attacks, reducing Armor Rating by 525.
- Thanos: Fury also grants a Power Gain Buff, gaining half of a bar of Power over 7 second(s).
SPACE SURFERS - Unique - With Silver Surfer
- The Overseer: The Energize Buff from his Special 2 also grants 450 Critical Rating.
- Silver Surfer: Gain Precision on Special 2, increasing Critical Rating by 450 for 12 seconds.
SHIELD BUDDIES - With Captain America, Captain America WWII, Captain America (Infinity War)
- The Overseer: 15% chance that a Block is a Perfect Block, reducing all damage to 0.
- Captain America, Captain America WWII, Captain America (Infinity War): Intercepting the Opponent grants a non-Stacking Passive Fury, granting 50% Attack Rating for 7 second(s).
COSMIC CONTROL - Unique - With Terrax, Air-Walker
- The Overseer: Increase Cosmic Mode duration by 0.66 second(s) per Gamma Power.
- Terrax, Air-Walker: When Heavy Charging, gains an Unstoppable Buff that lasts for 1 second(s). If Struck while this effect is up, it goes on cooldown for 25 seconds.
ENEMIES- With Doctor Doom
- Doctor Doom: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
Despair and Inequity
- The Overseer applies lots of Debuff on the Opponent, making good use of these Masteries.
- Being Poison Immune causes the Overseer to gain the additional damage of the Mastery but none of the negative effects.
Does the fury refresh every time he would gain Gamma Power? If yes, does it refresh with full duration? Also, does this means that the fury's potency will increase, so for example he could get a 3519ATK Fury if Cosmic Mode is activated with six Gamma Power?
Thank you in advance for your reply ^_^
Disappointed that the hulk synergies dont make any of them good.
His profile says only Basic attacks. It also looks like it is triggering Stun during autoblock but his ability doesn't say it has access to the parry mastery
Whilst you're ramping up, each Gamma Power grants him a passive +15% Attack, so up to +90% total (total Attack 4457)
Looking at Cosmic mode:
Assuming you hold off on launching till you have six Gamma Power, it'll last a base 20 seconds, plus pausing during Specials.
Since it's your big damage attack phase, let's safely assume you attack, and push your opponent over a bar of power, to gain your Fury buff (in fact, why not just give you the buff automatically?).
- with six Gamma Power, the Fury buff adds 150% Attack, and lasts 20 seconds
- each Light attack should inflict (1548 X 250%) 3870* Physical Damage
- an MLLLL combo will therefore inflict an additional 15,480* Physical damage on top of the actual damage inflicted (for which, he'll have an Attack rating of 5865). That 15480 damage will bypass defenses like Sinister's regeneration, or Power Shield*.
- At max Sig, punishing a Heavy or Special during this time will inflict 5865 bonus damage (assuming that the second part of his Retaliation ability does scale with the Fury buff)
*Of course, each Gamma Power also increases the potency of his debuffs - so that Physical Vulnerability debuff on SP3 could have a potency of around 1400. Launch Cosmic mode with an SP3 and six Gamma Power - what impact that'll have I can't calculate. But there's definitely damage tucked away in his kit.
if you mean to the synergy with hulks i think it apply only to them
Hulk, Hulk (Ragnarok), Joe Fixit: Their scrambled personality makes them Immune to reverse controls.