Champion Spotlight - Purgatory
Purgatory is a twisted, demonic creature, from an alternate timeline where Morningstar was finally able to defeat Guillotine and steal her sword back. With the blade finally back in her hands, the demonic presence within it overwhelmed Queen Haasen and convinced her to slay Guillotine. Doing so corrupted both her body and soul, transforming her into Purgatory and sending her on a bloodthirsty rampage unlike any seen in a millennium.
Purgatory has an aggressive playstyle, entering her enhanced Demonic Rampage state, then crushing the Opponent with a flurry of Special Attacks and Incinerates. She starts each fight with 0 Bloodthirst, and landing any attack increases Bloodthirst and grants her some bonus Power. Once Bloodthirst hits its maximum of 100, she enters Demonic Rampage for a period of time, granting her extra Attack Rating, bonus effects on her Special Attacks, and her second Medium Incinerates the Opponent. Demonic Rampage is paused whenever Purgatory fills a Bar of Power, so try and do so as many times as possible to really maximize the impact.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||42815||3663||13660|
Character Class: Mystic
Basic Abilities: Incinerate Immunity, Demonic Rampage, Power Gain, Degeneration
- Cross-Fight Soul abilities
- Purgatory gains additional always-active abilities depending on the Class of her Opponent. Normally these abilities are only active during fights against that Class. However, if she is able to capture her Opponent’s Soul during the fight, she gets to carry that ability with her as a Cross-Fight ability, and use it against Opponents and Classes she wouldn’t otherwise be able to. She can also carry multiple of these Cross-Fight abilities with her, so planning ahead and using her in specific fights can significantly improve her performance in fights later on in the quest.
- Power Gain
- Either Champion’s basic attacks, as well as Purgatory’s well-timed blocks and Special 1, grant her Bloodthirst. Whenever she gains Bloodthirst for any reason, she also gains a burst of Power over time, gaining more the higher her Bloodthirst is. This Power gain stacks up rapidly, allowing Purgatory to gain a significant amount of bonus power just through regular combat
- Combat Power Rate
- Purgatory has a decreased Combat Power Rate. Normally the Power Gain from Bloodthirst is able to compensate for this. But if her Ability Power Rate is decreased for some reason (such as through a Petrify), her overall Power Gain will drop significantly.
- Damage-over-Time Focused
- A lot of Purgatory’s damage comes from the Incinerate Debuffs she triggers during Demonic Rampage, and the Degeneration Debuff from her Special 2. If the Opponent is resistant or immune to either of these, her damage output suffers.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- +1400 Energy Resistance, immune to Incinerate, and all attacks deal Energy damage instead of Physical.
- Combat Power Rate is decreased by 40%.
- Gain additional abilities depending on the Opponent’s Class. These abilities are listed below, under "Class Soul Abilities".
All Attacks - Bloodthirst - Max: 100
- Purgatory’s Well-Timed Blocks, and Basic attack hits from either Champion, grant 5 Bloodthirst. Bloodthirst falls off over time, falling off faster the longer it’s been since it last increased.
- Bloodthirst falls off slower for each Buff on the Opponent, during any Special Attack, and when fighting as a Defender.
- Gaining any Bloodthirst grants up to 9% of a Bar of Power based on Bloodthirst, over 1.50 second(s).
- When Bloodthirst reaches Max, Purgatory snaps into a Demonic Rampage, locking Bloodthirst at Max for 15 second(s), after which it resets to 0.
Demonic Rampage - Passive
- +2274.4 Attack Rating.
- Demonic Rampage is Paused during Purgatory’s Special Attacks, and for 3 second(s) when she fills a Bar of Power.
- Striking with the second Medium Attack causes Purgatory to consume 50% of a Bar of her own Power, and then Incinerate the Opponent for 1563.65 Energy Damage over 4 second(s).
- Incinerate removes Perfect Block Chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50% while it’s active.
- If activated during Demonic Rampage, gain a Fury Buff increasing Attack Rating by +2274.4 during the Special Attack.
| Special 1 - Spiral Punishment
| Special 2 - Stinging Souls
| Special 3 - Calamity Symphony
| When Filling a Bar of Power - Cross-Fight Soul Capture
| Class Soul Abilities
| Signature Ability - Eternal Damnation
POOR, UNFORTUNATE SOUL - Unique - 3-star and up - With Guillotine
- Purgatory: Instantly gain the Mystic Cross-Fight Class Soul at the start of Purgatory’s first fight in a quest, and it lasts for the entire quest.
- Guillotine: Bleed triggered by Critical Hits have a chance to be Critical Bleeds, depending on Critical chance. Critical Bleeds multiply their damage by Guillotine’s Critical Damage multiplier.
UNCHAINED - Unique - 4-star and up - With Morningstar
- Purgatory: Gain a Soul Shard every 25 second(s).
- Morningstar: +50% Ability Power Rate while below 1 Bar of Power.
QUEENS OF SOULS - Unique - 4-star and up - With Hela
- Purgatory: Strikes grant 1 additional Bloodthirst per captured Class Soul.
- Hela: Gain an Unblockable Buff during Special Attack 1 and 2 while at 150 or more Spirits of the Dead.
MANY AS ONE - Unique - 3-star and up - With Hulk (Immortal)
- Purgatory: 20% chance per captured Class Soul to instantly Regenerate 20% Health just before being knocked out, once per fight.
- Hulk (Immortal): Triggering Immortality consumes 5% less Max Health as Gamma Radiation.
WHAT IF?- Unique - 4-star and up - With Symbiote Supreme, Venom the Duck
- Purgatory: Incinerate Debuff potency increased by 115%.
- Symbiote Supreme: The amount of Power gained from consuming Genetic Potential is increased by 30%.
- Venom the Duck: An additional Symbiote Buff may be stored in the RNA Bank each fight.
DIMENSIONAL BUDDIES- Unique - 2-star and up - With Mephisto, Hood, Magik, Dormammu
- #DimensionalBeings: Gain Bleed Immunity, 20% Ability Accuracy, and +900 Armor Rating.
- While Purgatory only has access to 1 Nullify ability (the Cosmic Class Soul ability), Mystic Dispersion also triggers whenever an Opponent’s Buff expires. And any additional Power Gain Purgatory can get will make it much easier for her to fill Bars of Power, Pausing Demonic Rampage and gaining a Shard of the Opponent’s Soul.
- The Regeneration on Purgatory’s Special 1 is able to counteract a solid amount of the damage taken from Recoil. Especially since the Regen will scale off the increased damage that Recoil grants. However, this benefit doesn’t apply to her Special 2.