**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My Gauntlet Run

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
So overall I used 250 units (5 revives and the rest of some potions), 2 Small revives and 3 team revives. I also had ~150 L3 health potions grinded from RoL.

My team was IMIW r3 unduped 6*, Dr Doom duped 6* R3, CGR duped 6* R3, Prof X duped 6* R3 and Quake

I'll put my fights and strategies in the spoiler text below, so skip to the end if you want to see my thoughts instead. Don't worry quake haters I won't go into detail on her fights too much. I have recorded solos for Vision, Spider Gwen, Void, Killmonger and BPCW, and when I upload to youtube i will link them here for some visuals to the text.

Path 1
Dr Doom: Quake
Terrax: Quake
Vision: CGR - Plan here was to use medium ending combo, dex and sp1, then trigger power gain and stack some aptitudes before SP3, then ripping a massive SP2. It worked.
MODOK: Quake
Spider-Ham: Quaked first 25%, then ate a combo, finished off with Prof X who works really well here as long as you bait specials and he plays along

Path 2
Weapon X: CGR - Plan here was to trigger medium and dex, then build to sp3. During this he will go berserk, so be ready to intercept. Once berserk is over parry, charge heavy, sp3, trigger power gain then sp2. First attempt got him to 25% then I messed up a silly intercept and finished him off next go.
Thing: Quake
Korg: IMIW - I didn't read the node and was surprised when I was taking so much block damage. I was down to 50% my health when i realised what was going on. Changed tactic to intercepting, and managed to stack 3 plasmas which ticked for some sweet damage. Got to 200 hits, where a parry took 5k of my health, went for riskier and riskier intercepts with no more parries left, managed to get him down to 25%, so was very happy with that run. Finished him off with Prof X, CGR and Doom, as I figured I may as well pop a team revive here.
Dragon man: Quaked. Let him throw an sp1 into your block, and as long as you have a concussion on him when the power is supposed to come back, he is shut down and he gets no more power.
BPCW: CGR - Plan here was to keep cycling the rotations and keep uptime on the damnation to control his buffs. After eating a combo in the first second of the fight, I went for 2 SP3, then Sp2, which worked great, but he just went unblockable when I was going to finish the fight so it took an extra 30 seconds when my damage dropped off. CGR's buff control worked amazing here, he's really underrated for his utility

Path 3
NightCrawler: IMIW - stacked 2 plasmas, IMIW evade control makes it really easy to switch here. This is definitely one of the easier fights
Spider Gwen: Professor X - intercepting and using the falter to your advantage here makes it a fairly simple fight, just don't parry
Domino: CGR - had to get a bit lucky with judgements triggering, but one SP2 took off a huge chunk. Died to crit failure damage (fun), and finished off with IMIW and Prof X
Mojo: Didn't quake here due to the physical resistance, I used Doom and tried not to dex. I went in knowing I wouldn't have a counter here, so I knew I'd have a few revives. Doom did well in the end, took 60% off first try, then he got closer to 5 charges so progress slowed
I-Abom: Quake - Don't parry here, you can get poisoned

Path 4
Apoc: CGR - the reduction in buffs makes him a bit worse here, so you can't use power gain, but I cycled SP3, SP2 if I hadn't triggered dex, and with his increased block proficiency it makes him a good option. I took off 65% on the first try, finished off with Doom and IMIW
Sasquatch: Quake - Dex twice to trigger and get around power snack, then at the end of the fight it's a bit tougher since there is life cycle to think about, play Quake like a normal champion (weird I know), heavy a few times, then when you get in the right position, heavy and throw your special during the window when you can KO
KM: CGR - doing this rotation can grant you enough power to cycle specials. Dex, Heavy, Medium ending combo, light ending combo, this brings you to one bar of power, then use l1. Repeat. Sometimes you'll get to sp2, try and not use dex for some damage. It's about practice and knowing the judgement cycles here.
Void: CGR- Big special damage, + 200% Power booster = 50 second fight
Nick: Professor X - try not to let him throw his sp1, kinetic transference can be annoying. 1 special will get him nearly to 2 bars, so it's not awful.

Final Thanos- Everyone, took Doom in first, and got him to 35% first try. First phase is very easy, just try not to let him use Sp1, if he does, don't hit him during his bleed and autoblock timer.

Then it got harder, got him to his second phase, there's no reversed controls, but unblockable specials and only 2 of the 6 projectiles are "real".

Last phase you need to intercept to get a safeguard, then tank an sp3. Bit of an eh mechanic, but ah well. It's not difficult, but if he doesn't play ball it can be annoying. IMIW really helped here, as an avenger he can only take 5% health i believe. Don't let thanos touch you, even your block, it's an instant KO

Revives total
1 on weapon X
1 on Korg, 1team
1 on domino, 1team
2 on mojo
1 on apoc

1 team revive on Thanos, 1 single

Overall, I absolutely loved the challenge. I'm glad I only used Quake for 8 fights, I really enjoyed quaking sasquatch and figuring out how to take down life cycle, and the rest of the fights were really fun. CGR was an absolute beast, MVP for me (excluding Quake), I'll be uploading some videos with him. Hopefully showing his utility as well as damage, though some on the forum seem to think he doesn't have utility.. (I joke). IMIW was really fun to bring along, I love using him and any excuse to is great. He held his own amongst the god tiers. Doom and Prof were invaluable too. I don't think I'd change my team if I had to do it again, everyone did fantastic. There was no fight where I was like how am I going to do this.

Rewards- I selected 25% Science, 25% Skill. Which brings me 10% away from forming one of each. I also selected the full science cat.

I had 1 science formed beforehand, but I wanted to have 3 total, one for I-Hulk, one for Spider Gwen and one for Mr Negative if I pull him from next featured- for which my shards are at 75k after this challenge. From the nexus, I had a choice of new Sym Supreme, new IP and Spider gwen sigs.

I toyed with the idea of IP for the buff if he got it, but I don't enjoy the animations he has and he's forever tainted for me as the worst pull in MCOC, I don't think he can ever wash off that stink /s. Sym supreme really isn't for me, I'm not a fan of him at all, and he would remain gathering dust, so I went for Spider Gwen sigs as she will be R3 soon enough. My sig stones are saved for ghost if i awaken her ever.

I'm not sure who the rank up gems will be for, maybe one of the featured pulls if I like them.

To finish off, incredible work on the content. I absolutely loved every second of it. No cash grab, BS, just pure fun, challenging fights. This is the MCOC I love, looking forward to Summer of Pain if it's half as good as this!

Comments

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    What an excellent write up. Makes me feel like I only have to farm Revives in pots for 2-3 days.

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Nice work! I'm also not a fan of sym supreme. I respect your nexus decision.
    Who's IP tho?
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Great write up - this will be useful when I do my run
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Nice work! I'm also not a fan of sym supreme. I respect your nexus decision.
    Who's IP tho?

I have mystics who can do what he can do better, and that i enjoy more. Plus I love Spider gwen

IP= Iron patriot, that pile of trash
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Im at void currently and honestly I'm not enjoying it.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

What an excellent write up. Makes me feel like I only have to farm Revives in pots for 2-3 days.

Thank you and good luck!
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Great write up - this will be useful when I do my run

Best of luck :)
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

Well you’re nearly at the end, you’ve got this!
  • Options

H3t3r said:

Yeah. Be another 2 or so team revives on this void. Since I just can't seem to get him down as none of my champs have very powerful special attacks.
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

Yeah. Be another 2 or so team revives on this void. Since I just can't seem to get him down as none of my champs have very powerful special attacks.
    Yeah that can be a massive pain, who did you bring?
  • Options

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

Quake,nick,medusa,ultron and namor
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

I’d probably just power through with Nick personally.

How’s ultron been in there?
  • Options
    ymgcymgc Posts: 7
    Great writeup dude and congrats big time!

What did you use for masteries throughout the run?
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    This is great. I'm just so upset that so much of it has to be quaked. Or, it will save you lots of revives. I don't have her dang bro.
  • Options

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

I’d probably just power through with Nick personally.

How’s ultron been in there?
    He came in clutch for domino, nc, and apoc
  • Options
    DanpielDanpiel Posts: 23
    edited June 2021

So overall I used 250 units (5 revives and the rest of some potions), 2 Small revives and 3 team revives. I also had ~150 L3 health potions grinded from RoL.

My team was IMIW r3 unduped 6*, Dr Doom duped 6* R3, CGR duped 6* R3, Prof X duped 6* R3 and Quake

I'll put my fights and strategies in the spoiler text below, so skip to the end if you want to see my thoughts instead. Don't worry quake haters I won't go into detail on her fights too much. I have recorded solos for Vision, Spider Gwen, Void, Killmonger and BPCW, and when I upload to youtube i will link them here for some visuals to the text.

Path 1
    Vision: CGR - Plan here was to use medium ending combo, dex and sp1, then trigger power gain and stack some aptitudes before SP3, then ripping a massive SP2. It worked.
    Spider-Ham: Quaked first 25%, then ate a combo, finished off with Prof X who works really well here as long as you bait specials and he plays along

Path 2
    Weapon X: CGR - Plan here was to trigger medium and dex, then build to sp3. During this he will go berserk, so be ready to intercept. Once berserk is over parry, charge heavy, sp3, trigger power gain then sp2. First attempt got him to 25% then I messed up a silly intercept and finished him off next go.
    Korg: IMIW - I didn't read the node and was surprised when I was taking so much block damage. I was down to 50% my health when i realised what was going on. Changed tactic to intercepting, and managed to stack 3 plasmas which ticked for some sweet damage. Got to 200 hits, where a parry took 5k of my health, went for riskier and riskier intercepts with no more parries left, managed to get him down to 25%, so was very happy with that run. Finished him off with Prof X, CGR and Doom, as I figured I may as well pop a team revive here.
    Dragon man: Quaked. Let him throw an sp1 into your block, and as long as you have a concussion on him when the power is supposed to come back, he is shut down and he gets no more power.
    BPCW: CGR - Plan here was to keep cycling the rotations and keep uptime on the damnation to control his buffs. After eating a combo in the first second of the fight, I went for 2 SP3, then Sp2, which worked great, but he just went unblockable when I was going to finish the fight so it took an extra 30 seconds when my damage dropped off. CGR's buff control worked amazing here, he's really underrated for his utility

Path 3
    NightCrawler: IMIW - stacked 2 plasmas, IMIW evade control makes it really easy to switch here. This is definitely one of the easier fights
    Spider Gwen: Professor X - intercepting and using the falter to your advantage here makes it a fairly simple fight, just don't parry
    Domino: CGR - had to get a bit lucky with judgements triggering, but one SP2 took off a huge chunk. Died to crit failure damage (fun), and finished off with IMIW and Prof X
    Mojo: Didn't quake here due to the physical resistance, I used Doom and tried not to dex. I went in knowing I wouldn't have a counter here, so I knew I'd have a few revives. Doom did well in the end, took 60% off first try, then he got closer to 5 charges so progress slowed

Path 4
    Apoc: CGR - the reduction in buffs makes him a bit worse here, so you can't use power gain, but I cycled SP3, SP2 if I hadn't triggered dex, and with his increased block proficiency it makes him a good option. I took off 65% on the first try, finished off with Doom and IMIW
    Sasquatch: Quake - Dex twice to trigger and get around power snack, then at the end of the fight it's a bit tougher since there is life cycle to think about, play Quake like a normal champion (weird I know), heavy a few times, then when you get in the right position, heavy and throw your special during the window when you can KO
    KM: CGR - doing this rotation can grant you enough power to cycle specials. Dex, Heavy, Medium ending combo, light ending combo, this brings you to one bar of power, then use l1. Repeat. Sometimes you'll get to sp2, try and not use dex for some damage. It's about practice and knowing the judgement cycles here.
    Nick: Professor X - try not to let him throw his sp1, kinetic transference can be annoying. 1 special will get him nearly to 2 bars, so it's not awful.

Final Thanos- Everyone, took Doom in first, and got him to 35% first try. First phase is very easy, just try not to let him use Sp1, if he does, don't hit him during his bleed and autoblock timer.

Then it got harder, got him to his second phase, there's no reversed controls, but unblockable specials and only 2 of the 6 projectiles are "real".

Last phase you need to intercept to get a safeguard, then tank an sp3. Bit of an eh mechanic, but ah well. It's not difficult, but if he doesn't play ball it can be annoying. IMIW really helped here, as an avenger he can only take 5% health i believe. Don't let thanos touch you, even your block, it's an instant KO

Revives total
    1 on weapon X
    1 on Korg, 1team
    1 on domino, 1team
    2 on mojo
    1 on apoc

Overall, I absolutely loved the challenge. I'm glad I only used Quake for 8 fights, I really enjoyed quaking sasquatch and figuring out how to take down life cycle, and the rest of the fights were really fun. CGR was an absolute beast, MVP for me (excluding Quake), I'll be uploading some videos with him. Hopefully showing his utility as well as damage, though some on the forum seem to think he doesn't have utility.. (I joke). IMIW was really fun to bring along, I love using him and any excuse to is great. He held his own amongst the god tiers. Doom and Prof were invaluable too. I don't think I'd change my team if I had to do it again, everyone did fantastic. There was no fight where I was like how am I going to do this.

Rewards- I selected 25% Science, 25% Skill. Which brings me 10% away from forming one of each. I also selected the full science cat.

I had 1 science formed beforehand, but I wanted to have 3 total, one for I-Hulk, one for Spider Gwen and one for Mr Negative if I pull him from next featured- for which my shards are at 75k after this challenge. From the nexus, I had a choice of new Sym Supreme, new IP and Spider gwen sigs.

I toyed with the idea of IP for the buff if he got it, but I don't enjoy the animations he has and he's forever tainted for me as the worst pull in MCOC, I don't think he can ever wash off that stink /s. Sym supreme really isn't for me, I'm not a fan of him at all, and he would remain gathering dust, so I went for Spider Gwen sigs as she will be R3 soon enough. My sig stones are saved for ghost if i awaken her ever.

I'm not sure who the rank up gems will be for, maybe one of the featured pulls if I like them.

To finish off, incredible work on the content. I absolutely loved every second of it. No cash grab, BS, just pure fun, challenging fights. This is the MCOC I love, looking forward to Summer of Pain if it's half as good as this!
    Congratulations Bro! you light me up for this challenge. I watch the MSD Thanos Fight video carefully, and I learned that the 2nd and 5th projectiles of the special 2 are the real ones.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Danpiel said:

Path 1

Path 2

Path 3

Path 4

Revives total
    1 on weapon X
    1 on Korg, 1team
    1 on domino, 1team
    2 on mojo
    1 on apoc

Congratulations Bro! you light me up for this challenge. I watch the MSD Thanos Fight video carefully, and I learned that the 2nd and 5th projectiles of the special 2 are the real ones.
    It's not always the 2nd and 5th. It changes.
  • Options
    @ymgc

Here are my masteries :)

• Options
    Here are a couple of my fights, CGR soloing BPCW, showing his buff control and soloing void with a power booster, showing how crazy his damage is.

https://youtu.be/pddDE6ZjVNs

https://youtu.be/QwIvRKeyGq4
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Danpiel said:

Path 1

Path 2

Path 3

Path 4

Revives total
    1 on weapon X
    1 on Korg, 1team
    1 on domino, 1team
    2 on mojo
    1 on apoc

It's not always the 2nd and 5th. It changes.
    ^what he said. You just have to look for the slightly bigger projectile that has a fancier or different animation. It changes around and there’s no way to accurately predict, you just have to pay attention.