**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is magik still a god?

avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
like where does she stand today in the mystic class?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Top 10 mystic coz dragon mojo doom claire longshot sassy voodoo and maybe purgatory stand higjer than her. Even sym and sorcerer than insane than her</blockquote
    Haha. Nice one bro. It goes claire, doom, tigra/magik, then sym supreme.

• Options
    Sorc, dragon man, mojo, scarlet witch (pretty slept on), and morningstar are probably the last 5.
  • Options

Sorc, dragon man, mojo, scarlet witch (pretty slept on), and morningstar are probably the last 5.

(Not in this order)
  • Options

I mean she’s 3rd behind doom and Claire for me personally. Though I admit I still haven’t got my hands on a sorceror supreme so maybe she’d go ahead.

Magik can keep the opponent at 0 power the whole fight and has an amazing utility in limbo (passive). Definitely better than sorc imo.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    At least until somebody replaces her meta, like with Starlord, but I kinda expect Kabam to buff her before that. Making her redundant would cause a fair bit of unwanted strife in the community.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I mean she’s 3rd behind doom and Claire for me personally. Though I admit I still haven’t got my hands on a sorceror supreme so maybe she’d go ahead.

Magik can keep the opponent at 0 power the whole fight and has an amazing utility in limbo (passive). Definitely better than sorc imo.
    Sorry, but no.
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Absolutely
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    She’s still a top mystic champ IMO. I won’t go into tier lists because they’re subjective.

The best way I can put it is if she was released as a 6* and I pulled her, I’d take her up to rank 3 straight away.
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Yes, yes she is. Why you think she isn't available as a 6 star, along with Quake lol

And now with Purgatory synergy for Dimensional Buddies.... whew....
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Sorry, but no.
    Oh i already know your response.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

She’s still a top mystic champ IMO. I won’t go into tier lists because they’re subjective.

The best way I can put it is if she was released as a 6* and I pulled her, I’d take her up to rank 3 straight away.

Indeed.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Hard hitting sp2 that completely shuts down opponent power gain, safety mechanic in limbo when awakened, intercept-friendly animations, and a couple decent ways to nullify.

Still a stud even despite the fact she’s not available as a 6*.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya she is still awesome and the best for what she does but truth is she is so focused now that unless you need that exact thing she fades back into the roster behind other mystics these days who are good enough at what she does but way better at other things.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

She still has one of the most potent power control mechanics in the game and Limbo can be such a clutch save in a lot of cases.

The one thing that can annoy me is that there is never a reason to use her other special attacks. Why would you EVER sacrifice her power control to nullify a couple of buffs? Her SP3 can hit like a freight train if the opponent has a lot of buffs, but the cost of choosing that instead of her SP2 is hard to justify. However, if you keep the opponent power-locked for the entire fight you also end up losing a lot of her damage potential. I don't really think she needs a buff, but it would be nice to have an incentive to use her other special attacks. That would make her a more balanced character. One thing that tends to be said about her is that she doesn't do much damage, and while that is true she has the potential to do a lot of damage. Let's unlock that potential, please.

All that being said, I'm really tempted to take my 5* Magik up to r5. I've had her at r4 for years which has been good enough for me, but she's definitely on my shortlist when it comes to mystic rank-ups.

On the Sp3 Topic, if the Enemy Does have a Bunch of Buffs it doesn't necessarily have to ruin the Sp2 Power Lock Cycle... If you have Mystic Dispersion the Nullified Buffs will give you Power Back Immediately, however then you run into another issue if you have MD at Rank 4 or Higher (in some cases Rank 3) depending on just how many Buffs you're Nullifying.

Also on the Damage Topic for those people that do still take issue with it, the Warlock and Morningstar Synergies can give her some Solid as Hell Increases (while in Limbo gain +50% Attack, +500 Crit Damage, +500 Crit Chance during all Specials, and when Awakened a few Seconds after Filling any Bar of Power) then on top of that those Two Champions are great in their own right so that little Trio isn't unrealistic.
  • Options
    Inferior_IronmanInferior_Ironman Posts: 16
    Ercarret said:

She still has one of the most potent power control mechanics in the game and Limbo can be such a clutch save in a lot of cases.

The one thing that can annoy me is that there is never a reason to use her other special attacks. Why would you EVER sacrifice her power control to nullify a couple of buffs? Her SP3 can hit like a freight train if the opponent has a lot of buffs, but the cost of choosing that instead of her SP2 is hard to justify. However, if you keep the opponent power-locked for the entire fight you also end up losing a lot of her damage potential. I don't really think she needs a buff, but it would be nice to have an incentive to use her other special attacks. That would make her a more balanced character. One thing that tends to be said about her is that she doesn't do much damage, and while that is true she has the potential to do a lot of damage. Let's unlock that potential, please.

All that being said, I'm really tempted to take my 5* Magik up to r5. I've had her at r4 for years which has been good enough for me, but she's definitely on my shortlist when it comes to mystic rank-ups.

Random thought: They could set it up so every time she gets limbo in the fight, she also places an indefinite blank buff on the opponent, sort of like Ebony Maw's ability to place a 0-effect Fury with SP1. At some point (in those longer fights in endgame content) you launch her sp3 and it nullifies those buffs for the stated bonus damage that's already in her kit. This makes her awakened ability even better (but still works without it, only less frequent limbos).
  • Options
    Inferior_IronmanInferior_Ironman Posts: 16

Random thought: They could set it up so every time she gets limbo in the fight, she also places an indefinite blank buff on the opponent, sort of like Ebony Maw's ability to place a 0-effect Fury with SP1. At some point (in those longer fights in endgame content) you launch her sp3 and it nullifies those buffs for the stated bonus damage that's already in her kit. This makes her awakened ability even better (but still works without it, only less frequent limbos).

Edit to suggest it could also be a chance each time she gets limbo. I wouldn't put it in the sig ability though; leave it available for unduped Magik as well.

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    when used properly she's a NIGHTMARE. aka she's awesome.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    How many mystics are used in that new gauntlet thing? Haven't seen anybody using dragon or sasq or mojo or ls or voodoo or some other useless mystic. Magik can be used even there. I personally use her a lot in act 6-7 over r2 sasq, manthing, hood and mojo. Great power control, very nice limbo, sp3 strong nullify. Also there is a reason we still don't have her as 6*
  • Options
    HerdingCatsHerdingCats Posts: 64
    Yes
  • Options
    HerdingCatsHerdingCats Posts: 64

Ercarret said:

She’s already overpowered... as a5*.... with her current kit.....
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

At least until somebody replaces her meta, like with Starlord, but I kinda expect Kabam to buff her before that. Making her redundant would cause a fair bit of unwanted strife in the community.

Magik was already buffed years ago.
  • Options
    JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Top 5 mystic without a doubt, top 1 when it comes to my roster