**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Structure Feedback v2.0

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    able21 said:

So in essence, the basic arena is now more of a grind for casual players like me who liked to just put up 2.25-2.5m for the units and we're instead given the summoner trials which requires a comprehensive roster of 4 stars not built by natural story progression nor are they allowed in Act 6.
    Thank you?

or use 5* and finish it off it 40 rounds?
    I'm just saying for the massive "change" coming to the arenas, the basic arena isn't different at all. Just that 6 stars can be used now for same points as 5 stars.
    Considering what they looked like before, that's a massive change. Not to mention we were never able to acquire 6*s from them before on top of the changes.
    95% of the players still aren't able to acquire a 6* from them.
    First off, anyone with at least 3 Max 5*s, some Units, and enough time, can compete. Theoretically, you could spam your top Team if you had the Units.
    Secondly, there are Rank Rewards people will be growing from. Rewards that are much more attainable to them now that they're not competing with 6* scores.
    Arenas are also about building on progress over time. Doing them over and over and getting better as we grow. It's not just about Units or Champs.
    Unfortunately, the gap between stacked 6* Rosters and people with much less is too much of a step without something mitigating that. Ergo, the Basic Arena.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Why on earth would u be usin 2* 😂

This arena is place to use all the pointless 4* and 3* boosts and smash milestones out
  • able21able21 Posts: 13

able21 said:

So in essence, the basic arena is now more of a grind for casual players like me who liked to just put up 2.25-2.5m for the units and we're instead given the summoner trials which requires a comprehensive roster of 4 stars not built by natural story progression nor are they allowed in Act 6.
    Thank you?

I'm just saying for the massive "change" coming to the arenas, the basic arena isn't different at all. Just that 6 stars can be used now for same points as 5 stars.
    Considering what they looked like before, that's a massive change. Not to mention we were never able to acquire 6*s from them before on top of the changes.
    First off, anyone with at least 3 Max 5*s, some Units, and enough time, can compete. Theoretically, you could spam your top Team if you had the Units.
    Secondly, there are Rank Rewards people will be growing from. Rewards that are much more attainable to them now that they're not competing with 6* scores.
    Arenas are also about building on progress over time. Doing them over and over and getting better as we grow. It's not just about Units or Champs.
    So which is it, we can acquire 6* now(if we spend) or it's not about the champs? Also, if someone is going to spend the amount of units that you suggest in order to get that 6* why wouldn't they just use those units to buy crystals to get that same champ and avoid the 3 day grind? Lastly, other than the arenas that are specifically for catalyst I would like for you to explain why players do arenas if it's not for units or champs because the only other reason that I can come up with is for gold but please explain how someone progresses over time by doing arenas that doesn't involve collecting units or collecting shards/champs.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,166 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Summoner trials arena is trash. The AI is crappy, and I get a freaking death squad for using maxed 2*s?!

Having both 1*s and 4*s share the same arena is such a bad idea since they can't even correct the matching algorithm to be stable. For someone like me who doesn't want to waste tier 1 alpha on ranking up 4*s ever again, It's shocking that I'm getting punished for using 2*s.

But don’t hav to use tier1 just r3 them and u being fine with it
  • So in essence, the basic arena is now more of a grind for casual players like me who liked to just put up 2.25-2.5m for the units and we're instead given the summoner trials which requires a comprehensive roster of 4 stars not built by natural story progression nor are they allowed in Act 6.
    Thank you?

how is it not a massive change? you can get 6* from arena, and ranked rewards have had a big bump. That is pretty massive.
  • BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
    The units r back in arena...so i am totally happy now... Thank u kabam for listening to us...
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Summoner trials arena is trash. The AI is crappy, and I get a freaking death squad for using maxed 2*s?!

Having both 1*s and 4*s share the same arena is such a bad idea since they can't even correct the matching algorithm to be stable. For someone like me who doesn't want to waste tier 1 alpha on ranking up 4*s ever again, It's shocking that I'm getting punished for using 2*s.

Come on why would you use 2*?
    I understand you don't wanna waste resources maxing out 4* but come on you could atleast have 5 to 10 maxxed out 4* when you started the game and went for Uncollected right? Which you can use to build your streak to infinite steak then you can just use 3* all the way like I do (since 3* is way cheaper to max out)
    I got about 15 maxxed out 4* to build the streak then use all my 72 max out 3* (currently maxxing out more 3* for future use) when I'm at the safe spot of infinite streak
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    Kill_Grey said:

While it's cheaper to rank up 2*, the sweet spot in this arena will probably be 3* and 4* to r2. You don't need t1 alpha for any rank of 3* and it's not needed until 4* r2. Like @Monk1 mentioned, this will be the arena to use a bunch of boosts and blast out quick.

If you don't want to use t1 alpha for 4*, then you have no use for t2/t3b or t1/t2c, either. I don't honestly see the problem.
    able21 said:

able21 said:

Thank you?

So which is it, we can acquire 6* now(if we spend) or it's not about the champs? Also, if someone is going to spend the amount of units that you suggest in order to get that 6* why wouldn't they just use those units to buy crystals to get that same champ and avoid the 3 day grind? Lastly, other than the arenas that are specifically for catalyst I would like for you to explain why players do arenas if it's not for units or champs because the only other reason that I can come up with is for gold but please explain how someone progresses over time by doing arenas that doesn't involve collecting units or collecting shards/champs.
    It's not all about one thing. You mentioned that 95% of people aren't able to acquire the Champ. I pointed out that it's still a race to the most Points and most people can technically Grind for it. People Grind for a variety of reasons. Not just one or the other. That was the point.
  • i like the changes. Been much easier hitting all milestones and getting 400+units per cycle.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Thank you?

how is it not a massive change? you can get 6* from arena, and ranked rewards have had a big bump. That is pretty massive.
    There’s a point in roster progression where the addition of 6-stars to this arena may allow summoners to reach a streak more quickly. I think it’s a really good change. I’m thinking about newer Cav players and uncollected players working with 5r4 champs and 6r1 champs.
  • TyEdge said:

Thank you?

There’s a point in roster progression where the addition of 6-stars to this arena may allow summoners to reach a streak more quickly. I think it’s a really good change. I’m thinking about newer Cav players and uncollected players working with 5r4 champs and 6r1 champs.
    5* still work for it. I use only 5* for the basic arena.
    Kill_Grey said:

Monk1 said:

This arena is place to use all the pointless 4* and 3* boosts and smash milestones out

Seems some of you aren't getting the point. I have 20 max 4*s regardless, but I'm looking at this from the perspective of much smaller accounts. To get a death squad with 2*s means they literally can't keep a streak to grind for units. Was very easy with the old 1*/2* arenas. Go form a new alt account that you'd wanna regularly play on, and experience the arena hardship.

I have maxed over 50 2*s, and now I can't safely use them for the only content they'd ever do anything for me on a regular basis? That's quite ludicrous.
    Whenever they introduced the arena changes they mentioned speeding up progression for smaller accounts. That would mean going to 3* and 4* earlier in game, so 2* wouldn't be of much relevance anyway, tbh.

It may be harder farming units in arena, but you could still yield units from farming things like EQ and lower acts - which has more value for a new player.

An experienced player who is trying to find value would probably have maxed 50 2*s but an inexperienced player wouldn't. In fact, with the progression of the arena (in this new player's perspective) would seem to necessitate to grow another rarity level, such as 3* or 4*. Story quest flows this way, too, and if you're in an alliance you're getting a lot of shards for crystals to expand your roster. There is no reason a new player would have that many 2*s to farm units in arena. An alt account would, though.

I don't disagree that lowers your ability to utilize your 2*s, in fact I agree with that very much, I'm just saying I still don't see how this is a problem.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    abn86 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Monk1 said:

Seems some of you aren't getting the point. I have 20 max 4*s regardless, but I'm looking at this from the perspective of much smaller accounts. To get a death squad with 2*s means they literally can't keep a streak to grind for units. Was very easy with the old 1*/2* arenas. Go form a new alt account that you'd wanna regularly play on, and experience the arena hardship.

I have maxed over 50 2*s, and now I can't safely use them for the only content they'd ever do anything for me on a regular basis? That's quite ludicrous.
    Whenever they introduced the arena changes they mentioned speeding up progression for smaller accounts. That would mean going to 3* and 4* earlier in game, so 2* wouldn't be of much relevance anyway, tbh.

It may be harder farming units in arena, but you could still yield units from farming things like EQ and lower acts - which has more value for a new player.

An experienced player who is trying to find value would probably have maxed 50 2*s but an inexperienced player wouldn't. In fact, with the progression of the arena (in this new player's perspective) would seem to necessitate to grow another rarity level, such as 3* or 4*. Story quest flows this way, too, and if you're in an alliance you're getting a lot of shards for crystals to expand your roster. There is no reason a new player would have that many 2*s to farm units in arena. An alt account would, though.

I don't disagree that lowers your ability to utilize your 2*s, in fact I agree with that very much, I'm just saying I still don't see how this is a problem.
    So what was the reason for increasing the point yield for 1*s and 2*s for this new arena in the first place? Seems trivial, honestly. I spent a lot of iso on those 2*s. I was perfectly fine grinding up to 3 arenas at once. I could safely use my max 2*s in the previous 3* basic arenas after a round of maxed 3*s, and could also use them without limitation with my 1*s in the previous summoner trials arena; and now I just... CAN'T! And for what? It doesn't make any sense at all. If the point of these new arenas was to combine the milestones of 3 lower arenas of the past, then I should be able to use my 1*s and 2*s as I could in the past as well.
    Kill_Grey said:

abn86 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Monk1 said:

So what was the reason for increasing the point yield for 1*s and 2*s for this new arena in the first place? Seems trivial, honestly. I spent a lot of iso on those 2*s. I was perfectly fine grinding up to 3 arenas at once. I could safely use my max 2*s in the previous 3* basic arenas after a round of maxed 3*s, and could also use them without limitation with my 1*s in the previous summoner trials arena; and now I just... CAN'T! And for what? It doesn't make any sense at all. If the point of these new arenas was to combine the milestones of 3 lower arenas of the past, then I should be able to use my 1*s and 2*s as I could in the past as well.
    Well, the only justification I can think of for the point increase would be regarding newer players. Keep in mind, newer players usually can't build an infinite streak (tbh there are people who aren't new players and can't do it either) so you throw what you got to get a few low hanging fruit (milestones). Maybe after you build your roster, you can hit rank rewards and by that time, maybe you CAN build a streak. Increasing point totals makes sure they can still keep up with the low hanging fruit until they can make the necessary adjustments (i.e. grow).

Like I said, I do think you won't be able to utilize your 2* roster while streaking, and while that may be incredibly annoying, as a veteran player, you can probably just make a slight adjustment and move forward. In terms of newer players, they truly wouldn't be as inconvenienced because they wouldn't have had the same level of commitment to growing out that star rarity (because they wouldn't have known of the value).
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    How about expand the Summoner trials arena milestones by few more levels, say from 4.4m to 6m? or you can expand the milestones for 6* basic arena too, such that the total number of units available not less than the old arena.

Personally I think ~95 rounds for Summoner trials arena sounds reasonable and I know the number of rounds will reduced if using boosts. Since Summoner trials arena no longer offer any latest 4* and instead giving nexus for top tier players. I suggest Kabam may expand few more levels such that we can grind more units in this arena.

able21 said:

Thank you?

I never imagine I can acquire 6* from arena. The score are insane and it is not achievable without using unit refresh.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Any update on compensation of Summoner Trial arenas from last week ? When are we getting it ?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

How about expand the Summoner trials arena milestones by few more levels, say from 4.4m to 6m? or you can expand the milestones for 6* basic arena too, such that the total number of units available not less than the old arena.

Personally I think ~95 rounds for Summoner trials arena sounds reasonable and I know the number of rounds will reduced if using boosts. Since Summoner trials arena no longer offer any latest 4* and instead giving nexus for top tier players. I suggest Kabam may expand few more levels such that we can grind more units in this arena.

No thanks.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

Any update on compensation of Summoner Trial arenas from last week ? When are we getting it ?

Was this ever confirmed how it worked? Cause i did 4.4m to be safe but the mail we got had me confused
    I saw Rich The Man's video where he confirmed that we will get compensated ...you did not had to score 4.4 mil for that ..just 2.15 mil was enough since that was the final milestone at that time.
    Kill_Grey said:

Reference said:

No thanks.
    Adding few more milestones is just to make the overall units level not lower than the old arena, you have the right to stop at 4.4m, unless you’re ok with reduced overall units or have other suggestions.

Under the old arena system, normally you need to grind around 110-120 rounds in order to secure a basic 4*. I’m using “round” as the count as it’s meaningless to compare the score between old and new arena. Kabam altered the scoring method.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Kill_Grey said:

Monk1 said:

Reducing the number of arenas from five to three was always going to make some changes somewhere: it is impossible to map the opportunities from five arenas to three. That being said, the compromise of making those opportunities optimized for 4*, 5*, and 6* champs seems to be the most logical in the long run. Preserving all of the opportunity targets for all of the rarities would mean we wouldn't be able to progress the arenas forward.
    Reference said:

Kill_Grey said:

Reference said:

No thanks.
    Adding few more milestones is just to make the overall units level not lower than the old arena, you have the right to stop at 4.4m, unless you’re ok with reduced overall units or have other suggestions.

Under the old arena system, normally you need to grind around 110-120 rounds in order to secure a basic 4*. I’m using “round” as the count as it’s meaningless to compare the score between old and new arena. Kabam altered the scoring method.
    The new Trials arena has 270 units within it. That is five more than we used to get from the 2* trials (65), 3* featured (65) and 4* basic (135) combined (265 total).

The current Featured arena contains 135 units, the same as the original 5* featured arena. The current Basic arena contains 135 units as well, same as the original 4* featured arena. And the current Trials arena contains five more units than the other three remaining OG arenas contained combined. The original five arenas contained a total of 535 units, the current three arenas contain a total of 540 units (the previous edition of the three arenas also contained 540 units, spread out differently).