**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is attempting the gauntlet a bad idea?

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Originally, I decided that I wasn't going to do it, because I do not have a quake or a ghost, who seem to be essential, however after seeing everyone's amazing rewards and feedback about the event, I am really tempted to give it a shot. Especially seeing as I have plenty of units (5k)

Basically, am I right in thinking that it would be wiser to wait and save my units for July 4th/act 6 or abyss exploration, or, should I take the risk and give it a shot?

If you suggest the latter option, I'd appreciate some team recommendations seeing as I'm missing a few of the ideal champs.

Thanks!

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    i feel like you need a namor for the terrax fight i don't think any other champ can do it. ive never seen someone use someone else
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    If you're going on about Abyss exploration, then you can do the Gauntlet no doubt.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

If you're going on about Abyss exploration, then you can do the Gauntlet no doubt.

Well I've only done the easy path, but to be honest, abyss isn't all that hard. Provided you have the champs it's basically just REAAALLY long
    Qacob said:

Well I've only done the easy path, but to be honest, abyss isn't all that hard. Provided you have the champs it's basically just REAAALLY long
    I've heard that .. I'm just way too impatient for those long fights LOL still ... the health pools and such have prepped you well for the Gauntlet. nothing wrong with giving it a go ... if you have a counter for Terrax and Bigfoot with Lifecycle, I think you'll do fine.
    ItsDamien said:

i feel like you need a namor for the terrax fight i don't think any other champ can do it. ive never seen someone use someone else

Gulk can do it.
    I have a 5* gulk I can rank up, would you say I have options for all the other fights?

Qacob said:

I've heard that .. I'm just way too impatient for those long fights LOL still ... the health pools and such have prepped you well for the Gauntlet. nothing wrong with giving it a go ... if you have a counter for Terrax and Bigfoot with Lifecycle, I think you'll do fine.

Thanks for the advice. I've heard torch works for sassy, and I can rank gulk for terrax. Might have to give it a go now.
    Human Torch, Aegon, AA, Angela, Sym Supreme, Red Mags, Apoc, Hyperion .. Sparkles might be great in Binary against that Terrax.

Just throwing some names out of your champs who could do well in the Gauntlet.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Gulk can do it.
    I have a 5* gulk I can rank up, would you say I have options for all the other fights?
    Yes aegon and archangel can do nearly every fight with ease. Bring apocalypse for modok and have a spare slot for anyone.

Human Torch, Aegon, AA, Angela, Sym Supreme, Red Mags, Apoc, Hyperion .. Sparkles might be great in Binary against that Terrax.

Just throwing some names out of your champs who could do well in the Gauntlet.

Nice! I haven't looked into it deeply yet, but now that I have people telling me it's possible with my champs, I think I'll take a close look at each fight and plan my team.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Check out kt1s video about it, can be great help

Apoc. AA. Will make it cheaper
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Thanks for the advice. I've heard torch works for sassy, and I can rank gulk for terrax. Might have to give it a go now.
    Sassy is very straightforward with archangel. Easy one shot.
    I just noticed you have sorceror supreme. She’s great for terrax as well, and can help later as needed.

I just noticed you have sorceror supreme. She’s great for terrax as well, and can help later as needed.

Never been particularly good at playing sorc to her max potential, but thanks for the shout, maybe I'll get some practice in and use her instead.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Would magik work for Terrax? I think I have options for most fights, just no namor, and don’t want to rank up Ghulk atm.

Would magik work for Terrax? I think I have options for most fights, just no namor, and don’t want to rank up Ghulk atm.

She can but it’s more challenging. Easiest are namor, ghulk, and sorceror.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

She can but it’s more challenging. Easiest are namor, ghulk, and sorceror.
    Dang, don’t have sorceror either lol
    Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
    one thing is certain. i'm glad i don't have to do it anymore LOL
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    I took in ghost, wasp, ibom, red mags and falcon...played POORLY and I'm still happy with the outcome :D Give it a shot if you feel ready!
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Sorcerer can do terrax?

Edit: looks like she can, I wonder where else she’d work
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    I don't see a proper Terrax counter in ur roster
    There's a video on YouTube of a R3 Sorcerer Supreme solo, but that fight ws very long & stressful....almost about 10 minutes long
    U cn have a look at it & plan ur strategy
    Fr me Apoc & AA were MVPs
    U cn make AA a horseman against ibom & get 4 charges on Apoc again from Apoc fight
    Or if u cn ramp up Aegon somewhere, he's good fr many fights in later parts of the Gauntlet...I've heard people using Weapon X fight to ramp-up Aegon
    Apoc cn potentially solo Spiderham but the fight will probably last 15-20 minutes
    Mine lasted about 15 minutes with a R3 fully boosted Apoc, but it wasn't a solo, I got clipped when he ws about 20% remaining
    Apoc cn also deal with Korg but that fight is stressful & might require some revives
    Magneto is good fr Doom & Vision but after these 2 fights u probably won't need him again
    Make AA a horseman & he cn solo a few fights, even Thanos cn be soloed by AA
    Apoc cn solo Nightcrawler & Spidergwen if u ramp up his evade counter on Spiderham,
    His evade counter will also come handy on Korg
    Void will b a tough fight without Aegon or ProfX
    I'd say if u cn manage Doom without Mags, try to have CGR in ur team to brute force through some fights & do more damage in less time
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    if you do take a jab at it, you got this. i would do it, just because the rewards are beyond insane considering the amount of units the average person spends on it. maybe you spend 1000 or 2000 units on it, and the july 4th deals for that same amount will be nothing compared to those rewards. plus, you don't want to be sitting here the last week of july asking yourself why you didn't at least try it
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I plan to do it with 6r3 torch, aegon and 5r5 apoc, mags and symb for terrax. You have all of them 5r5, so I encourage you to do it! I'm currently waiting to open Deadpool units crystals and save some hp potions and revives

Also can smbd explain how to use Gulk vs terrax? I can rank mine so I can use him later vs ibom or final Thanos, as sym can only do one fight. I tried it, but only took 5-10% with 6r1 Gulk
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I did it with Sym.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

There's a video on YouTube of a R3 Sorcerer Supreme solo, but that fight ws very long & stressful....almost about 10 minutes long
    U cn make AA a horseman against ibom & get 4 charges on Apoc again from Apoc fight
    Or if u cn ramp up Aegon somewhere, he's good fr many fights in later parts of the Gauntlet...I've heard people using Weapon X fight to ramp-up Aegon
    Apoc cn potentially solo Spiderham but the fight will probably last 15-20 minutes
    Mine lasted about 15 minutes with a R3 fully boosted Apoc, but it wasn't a solo, I got clipped when he ws about 20% remaining
    Apoc cn also deal with Korg but that fight is stressful & might require some revives
    Magneto is good fr Doom & Vision but after these 2 fights u probably won't need him again
    Apoc cn solo Nightcrawler & Spidergwen if u ramp up his evade counter on Spiderham,
    I'd say if u cn manage Doom without Mags, try to have CGR in ur team to brute force through some fights & do more damage in less time

Whoever did the sym video must have had a bad run. I got him down in sub five minutes with my 6r3.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★

I did terrax with horseman cable and 1 revive.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Nice post, lots of info. I’m thinking apoc, AA, prof x, aegon and either namor/quake. You forgot to mention a terrax counter in your post and i don’t think cgr would get all that much use so may be better off not bringing him