Permanent healblock on skill cavalier chapter is super annoying

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,490 ★★★★
Change that kabam.

It was a very bad decision
«1

Comments

  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 3,644 ★★★★★
    I crafted my masteries so I can just switch the offence tree between setups.

    Hit Monkey makes bananas out of that chapter BTW.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 4,011 ★★★★★

    I crafted my masteries so I can just switch the offence tree between setups.

    Hit Monkey makes bananas out of that chapter BTW.

    Elsa walks over skill cav
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,490 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

    I've only run that quest once so far. I'm 50/50 on it.

    I get what they were going for, because all the debuffs you get would be a joke with willpower, but on the flip side you're then severely punishing players who use suicide masteries which quests shouldn't directly counter a specific mastery set up, especially when it still costs units to switch masteries, not to mention the minor annoyance of actually having to turn them on and off repeatedly.

    TL;DR: From a game dev perspective I appreciate trying new concepts out. From a player perspective this isn't a great concept.

    Exactly my thoughts
  • GamerGamer Posts: 8,174 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi make light work if it to.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 11,638 Guardian
    Just purify them. Thats the intention.
    Or just turn off suicides, or use champions with immunities. Dont expect them to change something like this
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,339 ★★★★★
    Just putting it out there, why don't you guys use double immune champs from other classes?. You are not forced to use skill, it's just better to use skill champ.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 49
    ItsDamien said:

    Also a simple solution to this would be that all other classes do not have the passive healblock. How is this a solution you may ask?

    Well, if you want the big fury bonus, then you have to deal with the healblock. If you use other classes, you won't have the fury bonus, but you also won't be passively healblocked. This doesn't mitigate the whole willpower healing aspect, but if I'm choosing to take longer in a fight overall that's more opportunity for a slip up and to take damage anyway.

    There are ways to make this work, without punishing players for their mastery set ups, which are a core function to the game.

    Now this would be a great idea. I have been using aegon and moleman cause they rip through those nodes. But I would love it if they started putting more of this kind of push/pull node design. And as to punishing mastery setups I just recently took off pacify for the first time in like 3 years just because it constantly screws with beneficial nodes. So I really don't want another thing I need to change just to do cav eq.
  • boohoooo4boohoooo4 Posts: 5
    kinda like it.. used korg i ranked up for defence.. tons of fun
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 11,638 Guardian
    ItsDamien said:

    Just purify them. Thats the intention.
    Or just turn off suicides, or use champions with immunities. Dont expect them to change something like this

    Sure, you can purify them.

    But no other quest in its entirety penalises a mastery set up like this. Not one.
    There are plenty of quests, nodes and fights that do penalize specific masteries. This quest is just one of them, is nothing new really.
    These nodes aren't created thinking around suicides, or that everyone has them or not. Suicides are optional, and they are masteries specifically made with a throw back
  • TimestoneAdarsHTimestoneAdarsH Posts: 50
    Aegon is Nuts....
    You Can Feel Real Relentless Assault In this Quest
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

    Easiest thing is make all those debuffs as passive and remove the heal block passive.😂

    That actually wouldn't be a terrible idea either as far as I can think.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,339 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

    ItsDamien said:

    Just purify them. Thats the intention.
    Or just turn off suicides, or use champions with immunities. Dont expect them to change something like this

    Sure, you can purify them.

    But no other quest in its entirety penalises a mastery set up like this. Not one.
    There are plenty of quests, nodes and fights that do penalize specific masteries. This quest is just one of them, is nothing new really.
    These nodes aren't created thinking around suicides, or that everyone has them or not. Suicides are optional, and they are masteries specifically made with a throw back
    No, there are no FULL quests which every path penalises a player for their use of specific masteries. You know you're wrong on this one.
    Every cavalier node punishes pacify. I don't see kana changing that interaction. If they change this, they should definitely look into pacify too.
  • TimestoneAdarsHTimestoneAdarsH Posts: 50
    @ItsDamien Then No one Can Shrug off them... It Can Be Pain in A
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★

    Aegon is Nuts....
    You Can Feel Real Relentless Assault In this Quest

    Yup, I have a sig 200 rank 3 Aegon with full suicides. He was hitting 25K mediums.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

    ItsDamien said:

    ItsDamien said:

    Just purify them. Thats the intention.
    Or just turn off suicides, or use champions with immunities. Dont expect them to change something like this

    Sure, you can purify them.

    But no other quest in its entirety penalises a mastery set up like this. Not one.
    There are plenty of quests, nodes and fights that do penalize specific masteries. This quest is just one of them, is nothing new really.
    These nodes aren't created thinking around suicides, or that everyone has them or not. Suicides are optional, and they are masteries specifically made with a throw back
    No, there are no FULL quests which every path penalises a player for their use of specific masteries. You know you're wrong on this one.
    Every cavalier node punishes pacify. I don't see kana changing that interaction. If they change this, they should definitely look into pacify too.
    Yes and no, because Pacify only accounts for 30% chance. Not 100%. You can still benefit from every quest, but your chance is reduced due to AAR. Having something that intentionally is preventing a whole tree of masteries from being used as intended is poor design.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 3,644 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

    I crafted my masteries so I can just switch the offence tree between setups.

    Hit Monkey makes bananas out of that chapter BTW.

    That’s still spending units to reset masteries for an event quest though
    Not the worst thing to do.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,079 ★★★★
    Ronin cheese
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 538 ★★★
    Kingpin w/ hood synergy, hit monkey, and Ronin are pretty good at shrugging the suicide debuffs pretty quickly
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 3,644 ★★★★★
    There is a segment of the player base arguing that Cav diff is too easy, so Kabam has to weigh their opinions, too. There is no one solution that makes everyone happy.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 1,253 ★★★★
    My preference would’ve been for a passive that reduces regen rate like Kingpin and Daredevil already have coded.

    It feels like half the skill class has some form of purify/shrug/tenacity/cleanse these days, so there are options. Plus, if you choose your champs correctly, you should get immediate 70% furies for being immune or purifying, right?
Sign In or Register to comment.