**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you agree on champions being buffed via synergy with new champions?

bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
I don't like this system of buffing champions that really need a buff or people really want to see buffed via synergy of brand new champions. I would very much be in favor of them buffing about half the irrelevant champions and the making a few god tier by adding even more power or whatever via synergy, however buffing them via synergy alone is half measure and I don't approve, let me know what you think

Do you agree on champions being buffed via synergy with new champions? 61 votes

No, buff the champion for real a lot of them need it to be relevant
37%
Jh_DezBootteoBadroseOzzieontAxeCopFireJmoneysteckTheMagrailothosnebJim0172R4GEAnonymous346ImranGreenstrokeDeadpool_42422112GrimmbearKingsamFivesJayBird_IsTheWordDrewbe14 23 votes
Yes, I think buffing certain champions via synergy is an awesome idea and I like it
24%
Eb0ny-O-M4wmum_m2KyrkantVision_41VartoxbryndenriversARMAGEDDON999doctordoomDave_the_destroyerSungjDarkrider05Dnaguy14Nexus_UY_ScutiMarkxLittleSister 15 votes
I think that they should get buffed on they're own, then maybe buffed to god tier/demi god tier via synergy
37%
DARKLOKIbecauseicantDrakon56Haji_SaabTheEdge75NinjAlanStefffJcray705cUbA_LiBrEViper1987INTEGRALJank39TK1015TheMageHunterMr_OtterAlCapone2727King_L0kiB34rReinaSgtAnime1Mr_mc_person34 23 votes

Comments

• bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Yes, I think buffing certain champions via synergy is an awesome idea and I like it
    Whoops can I have that vote back, lolz I didn't mean to vote in favor of the synergy, lol
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    Whoops can I have that vote back, lolz I didn't mean to vote in favor of the synergy, lol

Neither did the other three.

Seriously though, I don't mind the direction they're taking synergies; I actually like it, and it incentivizes people to go for champions. I just really hope it doesn't mean kabam is done buffing champions, because relying on having one champion just in order for another to be viable is constricting and not fun.

Synergies should make a good character better, not a useless character usable. If there's a bad character, by all means give them good synergies, but please kabam, buff them so they're still at least decent without them.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Buffing through synergy doesn't create "balance." The champs would still be garbage solo and be dependent on synergies while others are high tier on their own and just get even way better with synergies.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I think that they should get buffed on they're own, then maybe buffed to god tier/demi god tier via synergy
    I hesitated to choose this answer because of the wrong form of "their", but nonetheless I think it's a good option. Champs should be buffed at the basic level and enhanced by synergies. Synergies should more or less be a bonus, not a defining feature.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    I notice that many polls have a built-in premise that none of the options available allow you to challenge. This would be one of those that I cannot select any answer as representative of my answer because all of them include a major premise I do not believe to be true.

In this case, that premise is: Kabam is adding synergy strength in lieu of balancing champions. I think that's just an MMO Rorschach test.
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    They should be bugged on their own, because then you just have to rely on synergies to buff them, and what if their synergies are Winter Soldier or Luke Cage?
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    Buffed^
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I’m a firm believer that Medusa should be kinda a gold standard with her KARNAK synergy

Karnak is a relatively all around good champion but his buff from medusa REALLY helps him and she gains a fair amount from it too… doesn’t move him up much by himself but considering they are SIMILAR tiers (Karnak hits fairly hard vs everyone and Medusa takes a lot of patience to use imo) they are well suited to share a Unique Syn

Make all champs viable/useable then pair them up with similar powered champs and use them to each other better

I think instead of removing Leadership and needing Strange they should have done the opposite:
    Give us a selection of champions that work great together and we can mix and match segments of teams together so we can balance a diverse team with a string one adding a whole other layer of roster composition
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Technically, Synergies are Buffs. I don't think it was stated anywhere that Synergies are intended to replace revisiting Champs when it's necessary.
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    I’m a firm believer that Medusa should be kinda a gold standard with her KARNAK synergy

Karnak is a relatively all around good champion but his buff from medusa REALLY helps him and she gains a fair amount from it too… doesn’t move him up much by himself but considering they are SIMILAR tiers (Karnak hits fairly hard vs everyone and Medusa takes a lot of patience to use imo) they are well suited to share a Unique Syn

Make all champs viable/useable then pair them up with similar powered champs and use them to each other better

I think instead of removing Leadership and needing Strange they should have done the opposite:
    Give us a selection of champions that work great together and we can mix and match segments of teams together so we can balance a diverse team with a string one adding a whole other layer of roster composition

Best one is Meph-Doc synergy ... makes Doc even better than before patch 12.0 ... practically immortal ... beyond God Tier ...
    Technically, Synergies are Buffs. I don't think it was stated anywhere that Synergies are intended to replace revisiting Champs when it's necessary.

Yea they didn't have to say it, they did it, duh...
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Its kinda getting annoying that buffs dont go to all champs only certain ones. Kinda boring synergy happening now.
    This needs to be seen by more people