**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are Variants 1-4 Even Worth Exploring at This Point?

king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
As a man that’s explored almost everything there is in this game, i’m sitting here wondering if i should even put the time into exploring variants 1-4. What would you guys do? Explore the rest of the variants just to say i did it or not waste my time?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    2-4 are pretty fun and worth it if you can put in the time and energy refills. I explored them a while ago. Variant 1 is just trash... Completed a while ago, and never went back in for exploration. Probably gonna get on it after act 6 is explored lol.
  • Kavya30Kavya30 Posts: 213 ★★★
    I’ve personally only explored V4 and above and just completed 2 and 3. V1 is plain trash as said by others and I do not intend to touch it any time soon. 2 and 3 are fun as well but with so much newer content I didn’t explore it. Might do though
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    If you’re only in it for the rewards, then steer clear (especially for V1). But if you’d like a fun challenge with some rewards on the side, then it’s definitely worth it
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    Variant 1 isn't worth it. I explored it last week since I had nothing but that and abyss left for permanent content but it wasn't fun. The fights are quite easy now, nothing compared to when they first got released, but the energy required is ridiculous. Newer variants have much more friendly map design. I still think all the others are worth it at this point just based on time and effort to do it but wouldn't put it high on the priority list unless you really don't have any other content to do.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Of course there is worth in them
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    2-4 sure. but Variant 1 can take a dive off the deep end even to this day lol i've explored all Variants and I can tell you with certainty that Variant 1 was the most worthless because of how poorly designed it is.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    1 is definitely not worth it
    Do 3 & 4 first as they are shorter, easier & comparatively more fun.....go fr 2 at last if u want to but it won't be a big deal if u feel like not doing 2 as well
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Yes, I’d definitely explore v2-4. V1 is questionable but if you’ve actually explored everything else in the game, I’d say it’s worth it.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    They are all worth it, but now people have a choice to skip the harder ones till their rosters are more developed. There is definitely value in them all.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I think so. Work backwards from the most recent to the oldest. The 2015-2017 variant gems are very useful now that various champs have been buffed.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Honestly Variant 1 was only hard when it came out because most of us didn't have the roster for it. It's far more manageable now. A lot of one of the chapters can be cheesed with Thing synergy team.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    V1 is the only one I won't go back to, did a completion run but not worth exploring
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Honestly Variant 1 was only hard when it came out because most of us didn't have the roster for it. It's far more manageable now. A lot of one of the chapters can be cheesed with Thing synergy team.

Yea most of the difficulty was in how limited the options were.
    First two chapters aren't a problem, the third is where it gets a bit tricky but I'm pretty sure thing synergy can do literally every path (maybe the poison one might be tricky)
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Yea most of the difficulty was in how limited the options were.
    First two chapters aren't a problem, the third is where it gets a bit tricky but I'm pretty sure thing synergy can do literally every path (maybe the poison one might be tricky)
    Yeah it’ll work for literally every path, it’s what I used sometime last year when I went back to it to use some expiring revives
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Yes!
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Variant 1 is by far the hardest and the way the game and champions have advanced and upgraded...V1 is TOO Hard, it has the MOST Paths to cover and the rewards dont feel parallel to the content. Also remember Ultron just recieved a Decent buff which would make those boss fights and ambushes even more painful. Unless they tone down V1 by taking out some of those nodes with all of those paths to cover, I would STAY AWAY from Variant 1.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Considering the rosters most of us that did it when it released had at the time, I don't think anyone today should be complaining about the difficulty. It's also optional so you can always just not do it. It probably still the hardest variant by a good bit but with newer champs in the game now, it's FAR more manageable that it was initially
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    I’ve 100% all the others and will probably be done with variant 8,9 and 10 before I finish this. It was bad before but even worse now with the Ultron buff 😬😬

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    Not really. I did 6 and 7 to get t5cc and thronebreaker. The 1-star part where Hulk is the only answer is awful and I won't bother.

And then when you find out some of those rank up gems are limited to 2015-2017?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Variant 2 isn’t worth it at all. 9 quests instead of 6. An astronomical number of paths. The chapter completion gems don’t include 2016.

Variant 3 is worth it because you can basically do it all with sentinel and warlock.

Variant 4...I don’t know how bad 1-star hulkbuster makes the end, but I had loads of paths I cleared itemless. The 2-3-4 star quests are a breeze.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I really enjoyed V4. It was my first Variant. V3 was also pretty fun, while V2 is very restrictive since you take so much damage with a lot of champions. I've held off from exploring it until I've built up a better roster of XL champions, but since ranking up XL champions isn't a priority of mine in and of itself that takes quite a bit of time.

V1...nah. I've gone in several times, but I always end up nuked immediately. That and woefully outdated rewards don't make me terribly excited about ever touching it. I mean, the rewards in V2 aren't better (I think?), but there's less of it left to complete for me and I enjoy its design more.
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    GarrettN said:

GarrettN said:

As a man that’s explored almost everything there is in this game.

Doesn’t sound like you’ve explored almost everything in the game if you’re missing 4 whole variants lol...

lol bozo
    I noticed you didn’t share your variant screen lol...
    obviously from the title, one could deduce that i haven’t explored variants 1-4…