**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 stars Restrictions?

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
We know 4stars were banned from Act 6 and beyond. Do you guys think it will eventually happen to 5stars or they’re safe and Kabam have moved away from such designs concepts? This is very important because it can affect how resources are used now. For example, I’m considering taking Cable to 6r3 but he is highly dependent on Apocalypse (synergy) who I have as a 5star. If 5stars are banned say in Act 7.4 or maybe Act 8, it’s probably wise to keep him at r2 since I don’t control who I pull as a 6star.
What are your thoughts?
Is there any info out there indicating 5stars may lose their importance even for synergy? If yes, should Kabam give us notice in advance to make wise use of our resources now?

Comments

• J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Yeah, but is it possible for that to happen?
    xLunatiXx said:

I don't think you should worry about it. If they return it won't be in a middle of an act. So it gives you at least a year. So plenty of time to use your r3 cable.

I’d feel more comfortable taking someone else to r3. There are still a decent number of 5stars I haven’t pull till date Ghost, Warlock, Red Mags etc. I think r2 is the safest place for him right now IMO.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    It’s possible once we get R5 six stars maybe, I don’t think so before then. By then everyone rosters will be well developed with six stars. Dont think they want the backlash right now.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    We're safe at least through Act 7, and likely thru the next act.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    Putting in a 6* gate in the near future would kill the game for me. Not in an "I'm super mad about it and ragequit" kind of way, but simply in terms of me being unable to continue playing properly. I don't have nearly the 6* roster to be able to only use them in any real capacity. I could probably do a path, but not a whole quest and definitely a whole chapter. I currently beat 7.1 and r2'd my 6th 6* with the rank-up gem. That's nowhere near enough champs to take on anything at all.

Additionally, maybe half of those are "just for fun" rank-ups since I don't have the best 6* roster. I really enjoy playing with Mojo, so I r2'd him. Same with Punisher 2099. But do I think those will carry me through 7.3 instead of any of my maxed-out 5*s? No way.

It would also screw up a lot of the synergies I use.

At the end of the day, I just think that there are so many champions in the game - and so many really good champions - that it would just be terrible for the game to force players to have to start over. I've finally reached a point where I have a stable roster of 5* champs along with a smaller roster of 6*s, and those guys and gals and robots allow me to tackle a wide array of content. If they close off the use of 5*s, so much of my possible enjoyment of the game disappears. It will take ages to rebuild my roster and to max-sig those who need it.

5*'s relevance will disappear naturally over time as the game becomes harder and the ability to rank up 6*s further comes. I see no need to artificially hurry that process. I don't think anyone has outright enjoyed the 5*-or-higher gate from Act 6 and onward, but I also wouldn't bring 4*s into Act 7 if I could. Aside from, maybe, for synergy purposes.
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    I don't think it would happen before intrduction of 7*s, the same was the case with Act 6.
    To all the disagrees, I’m glad a post like this is out. If Kabam even entertained the thoughts at least they know how some of us feel from our comments.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    There will not be a 5* ban in story content until 7* champions are available to a decent chunk of the player base, and that may literally never happen.