**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does Summoner feedback make it into the development of champs?

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
Hey Kabam,

I was wondering if you guys actually read Summoner fan-made builds/kits when choosing champs to add to the game? I know it's hard to convey tone over a post but this is not a facetious post, I'm genuinely curious if any fan-made builds ever make it to your desks and if you guys draw inspirations from the community?

I think there's a lot of value in checking out some of these hypothetical character builds because some of these fans really know their stuff when it comes to particular champs.

Here's one that I thought was fascinating:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g0E_UnaZ-IiIfJvse3xTAGPyLY7IcpJghSKFtICh8hE/edit?usp=drivesdk

Anyway, we'd love to hear what are some ways we can help out with ideas.

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Sometimes
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Maybe, right? I wondered if we are on a wild goose chase with our suggestions.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I’m sure they do especially for creative flow.

I seen a couple kits that made it into champs. Not 100% sure, but it’s definitely familiar
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

This is from Gabriel Frizzera the creative director of MCOC/MROC. It more in Marvel's hands than anyone else's.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I think Cat's in a different category from forum members who just write rework suggestions for existing champs, since Cat is making "new" ones. There's probably a huge legal difference between drawing inspiration from a fan rework of your own creation vs using a fan's original art as a basis for one of your champs.

That said, Cat's awesome and does amazing work, so I would love to maybe see a collaboration in the future. Given the mashups of various champs in Act 7, it seems like there is some potential overlap between the future of the game (for the foreseeable future, at least) and Cat's art. Even if Cat's not involved in the story side of things, it could be cool to have maybe a Cat Murdock's Boss Rush. Similar to how a bunch of MCOC youtubers got to design a boss rush a year or so ago. I would love that, it would be so cool.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    No, the ability kits made by fans have never been used
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike

I'm sure you probably get thousands of different request for "[insert content] to be taken back to the team for inspiration" so I won't nag but having the community pitch in ideas from time to time, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Some of these summoners have incredible insight and it would give the community a sense of participation in the creation of future champs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Kabam Miike

I'm sure you probably get thousands of different request for "[insert content] to be taken back to the team for inspiration" so I won't nag but having the community pitch in ideas from time to time, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Some of these summoners have incredible insight and it would give the community a sense of participation in the creation of future champs.

No one's saying they don't pay attention to our input, just the likelihood of fan made stuff making it to the game is very slim. More so because it becomes Marvel property after that and i'm sure there's tons of red tape to go through etc..

If they didn't want us to provide input, we wouldn't have Champion Request mega threads and a Champion Suggestion mega thread. The suggestion thread is where people put their buff/rework/new champion ideas.
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited June 2021

Mr.0-8-4 said:

Kabam Miike

No one's saying they don't pay attention to our input, just the likelihood of fan made stuff making it to the game is very slim. More so because it becomes Marvel property after that and i'm sure there's tons of red tape to go through etc..

If they didn't want us to provide input, we wouldn't have Champion Request mega threads and a Champion Suggestion mega thread. The suggestion thread is where people put their buff/rework/new champion ideas.
    I'm aware that we have a champ wishlist but it's not the same as having a thread dedicated to coming up with new buffs/debuffs, game mechanics and hypothetical champ attributes/kits where the developers can draw inspiration from.

My question was, if we did create a thread dedicated to this, would the Kabam developers find value in this or would it be a waste of time and effort?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying fan based designs (such as mashups or fusion of seperate champs) should make it onto MCOC. I'm talking about buff reworks ideas and attribute blueprints for potential future champs (which hopefully wouldn't get lost in the sea of champ requests).