**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gold Shortage

I'm sure as I post this it'll be very controversial for some odd reason, just due to the fact that so many people grind arenas. However, for those that realize the fact that the arenas are absolutely absurd, we tend to run out of gold... A lot. With the ability to now rank up your your 6* up to rank 4 at a "measley" 811,390 gold. Plus probably another 800k gold for upgrades. It's an insane amount for a single rank. Throughout the game these higher catalysts have become more obtainable. With duplicating champions, large quantities of iso has become more obtainable, but gold is still an absolute grind. So my suggestion here is, why not make gold more accessible in large quantities. When it comes to upgrades gold is used for literally everything and especially nowadays an over the top amount is needed. Instead of making it a pay-to-play kind of thing (gold pool quest for buying the monthly sigil) make it a daily quest like it is for the smaller catalyst. That or make halls of fortune more frequent.

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★

I'm sure as I post this it'll be very controversial for some odd reason, just due to the fact that so many people grind arenas. However, for those that realize the fact that the arenas are absolutely absurd, we tend to run out of gold... A lot. With the ability to now rank up your your 6* up to rank 4 at a "measley" 811,390 gold. Plus probably another 800k gold for upgrades. It's an insane amount for a single rank. Throughout the game these higher catalysts have become more obtainable. With duplicating champions, large quantities of iso has become more obtainable, but gold is still an absolute grind. So my suggestion here is, why not make gold more accessible in large quantities. When it comes to upgrades gold is used for literally everything and especially nowadays an over the top amount is needed. Instead of making it a pay-to-play kind of thing (gold pool quest for buying the monthly sigil) make it a daily quest like it is for the smaller catalyst. That or make halls of fortune more frequent.

Super simple answer. This game is a resource management game. You'll never have an overwhelming amount of any resource all the time. It's designed that way on purpose. Don't want to grind arena, well you'll need to manage your rank ups more.

Everything you need is in this game for free. Just depends on how hard you want to work on it.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

Huh? 😂

I only do arena milestones, don’t open Cav crystals, and have 19 R3s, 7 R2s, and 37 R5s. So nope, I’m not scrimping on my rank ups. Just gotta manage your resources.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Yeah its kinda annoying. Kabam is just cashing on the game regardless if they lose players or not. Gold has become absurdly hard to get my now. I have tons of ISO that I could sell when I need gold but not many people do. This is just stupid on Kabam's part now. Instead of creating demand and then supplying those demands through monetary deals, they could make more lucrative deals and give us more. Coz, come on, we know the game has enough original content to never run out of in game content eventually sustaining a longer career for mcoc. If only these idiots knew.

Resources are acquired through playing various game modes. There's enough Gold to earn without spending. That doesn't account for management. Some people are spending more than they're earning.
  • Options
    babymetalmonkeybabymetalmonkey Posts: 44
    xNig said:

Huh? 😂

I only do arena milestones, don’t open Cav crystals, and have 19 R3s, 7 R2s, and 37 R5s. So nope, I’m not scrimping on my rank ups. Just gotta manage your resources.

I really don't care how much you have. From the looks of it your a sweaty try hard that spends more management in this game than your outside life. I'm not saying gold is impossible to get, I'm saying it take way too much to get the amount they're asking for. I've played the game since it came out, iso has become more obtainable, catalyst has become more obtainable, even rarity of characters has become more obtainable. They have yet make a consistent way to obtain gold at the rate in which the players and the game is growing
  • Options
    babymetalmonkeybabymetalmonkey Posts: 44

Yeah its kinda annoying. Kabam is just cashing on the game regardless if they lose players or not. Gold has become absurdly hard to get my now. I have tons of ISO that I could sell when I need gold but not many people do. This is just stupid on Kabam's part now. Instead of creating demand and then supplying those demands through monetary deals, they could make more lucrative deals and give us more. Coz, come on, we know the game has enough original content to never run out of in game content eventually sustaining a longer career for mcoc. If only these idiots knew.

Resources are acquired through playing various game modes. There's enough Gold to earn without spending. That doesn't account for management. Some people are spending more than they're earning.
    By different game modes you mean variants? Or doing the unnecessarily hard main quests? Or by doing end game content. Yeah ur right. But for those of us who don't wanna burn through all of the earned units, and eventually end up buying some anyways, we want a general way to aquire gold. Like I said, if they made a small gold quest like they do small quests for catalyst
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

By different game modes you mean variants? Or doing the unnecessarily hard main quests? Or by doing end game content. Yeah ur right. But for those of us who don't wanna burn through all of the earned units, and eventually end up buying some anyways, we want a general way to aquire gold. Like I said, if they made a small gold quest like they do small quests for catalyst
    General way to acquire gold? It's called Arenas, which some people might be too LAZY to do.

And... resource management is just common sense. Intake = Consumption. Spend more than you're raking in in gold, and you get a shortage. C.o.m.m.o.n s.e.n.s.e.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    I sit at around 4 mill. For a few months I was sitting at 6, havent dipped below 3 mill. They've added so many more ways to access gold there is no gold shortage.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    I do face shortages too. It's because I get catalysts suddenly because I complete content, or anything, but yeah.
    But most of the times, I manage to stay over a million gold. I make sure it never drops below 500k, so that I don't enter a drought in gold.

But I would honestly accept that it's totally my fault, that I don't manage resources. But it's not like, I wait for ages for any of them at all. I have ways to cope up if at all I face any droughts.

PS: I don't grind arenas at all. Only do it when we have something to do for objectives or etc.