Options

(returning player) Best Matchups?

Hey all, I'm returning from 2017/2018, and obviously so much has changed in MCOC. Im going for Uncollected and my questions is about team comps and best matchups.

Ive always just gone with class advantages for fights, but now with all the buffs/debuffs etc. im sure thats not the rule of thumb. Does anyone have any resources they could link for whos the best inslot for fights V. certain champs?

Like when do i need to use a power control champ? Or a Immune Champ?

2 Hard Hitting, 1 Regen , 1 Power Control, 1 Immune Champ, I saw was suggested as a good comp? Is this a viable suggestion? lol thanks

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,815 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    If you are not adverse to "spoiler", i.e. taking away the fun part of discovering the fights and counters, there are many walkthroughs available.

Here is a suggested Act 5 Chapter 1 guide.
  • Options
    Flavin913Flavin913 Posts: 34
    duh reddit, idk why google never toke me there

But yeah looking for like a reference on who does the most bleeds etc and who i should match them against....

Thanks
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,340 ★★★★★
    4/5 star spider gwen for unblockable collector, AA with high sigs, quake, if you are good with her, nick fury awakened, Any high damage character like guardian cgr or aegon but aegon will need rampup
  • Options
    2 Hard Hitting, 1 Regen , 1 Power Control, 1 Immune Champ, I saw was suggested as a good comp? Is this a viable suggestion? lol thanks

But like i dont know whos power, immune, metal etc
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    You need to start reading champ abilities. The info is all there (and YouTube). You're asking for people to tell you everything that's already out there? Don't mean to be rude, bit you're being lazy and asking people to put in their time to tell you the info that's already there in the champ descriptions, already been discussed in the forums, and already been showcased on YouTube by MCOC streamers and content providers. Do some keg work to get up to speed and then come to the forums to ask pinpointed questions when you need specific help preparing or overcoming something.
  • Options
    Power Control (examples)

Use this site.

Immunities (examples)

Metal (in the bio of each champ)

• Options
    AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    Your best team depends on the opponents you'll face. As there are about 200 champs right now, you have a lot to read... check out auntm.ai for champs, synergies etc. There is a decent amount of opponents that require certain playstyles and you'll find out the hard way but that's part of the experience. A power control champ is always helpful. It depends on the nodes if you need an immune champ. An alternative for most matchups could be champs that can shake off debuffs.
    If you wonder which champs are great, some of those that sucked are very good now because of reworks, some of those that were very good are now mediocre because there are much better options available. For a general idea of who is worth the iso and catalysts, watch some youtube videos or google it. the lists are about 90% identical whoever you ask.
    Mutant is considered the strongest class because there are so many good champs and some players use 5 mutants (one of which would be apocalypse). some champs rely on being awakened and having high sig to really shine or to have utility (aegon who needs fights to ramp up, cap IW, void, angela), some don't need it at all.
  • Options
    Sweet thanks all, I wish auntm.ai had the best matchups though, like im gonna fight Arch Angel, whos best to fight him type of list....
  • Options
    Flavin913 said:

Sweet thanks all, I wish auntm.ai had the best matchups though, like im gonna fight Arch Angel, whos best to fight him type of list....

The best counter against AA is don't get hit. B)

The next best is your champ don't bleed.

After that maybe power control I think.
  • Options

Flavin913 said:

The best counter against AA is don't get hit. B)

The next best is your champ don't bleed.

After that maybe power control I think.
    Sweet thanks, was hopping there'd be a quick resource where i could click any champ and it would show me the counter needed.
  • Options
    AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    AA is a very straightforward fight. Just don't get hit as pointed out.

Some fights you'll find tough because the opponents are tricky:
    Modok
    iron man infinity war
    havok
    quake
    killmonger
    black panther IW
    korg
    iceman
    medusa
    darkhawk
    hyperion (power control champ needed – or a champ that shuts down his buffs)
    the spiders

before facing those, try to read about them or google the respective champ and counters. for example, against modok you basically parry/heavy until he's gone, because the 5 hit combo doesn't work. He's easy with domino and rulk synergy or any champ that does a lot of heavy damage.