**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Invade Node

RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Correct me if i am wrong but aren't i suppose to be dealing big hits when AI is blocking? Apparently rogue has no problem dealing big hits when i slip up and block yet when she blocking and i'm hitting into her block no big damage being dealt at all. Unless invade node is bugged or i'm just suck at this game so bad that i cant deal big damage with invade 🤔

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I did the reverse once where I parried and took no damage. I believe it was a perfect block tho, and took zero damage (Sunspot?).

Who are you using? The “big” damage may be as big as it gets for that champ.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    When you have 20% of the defenders attack, and the defender has 2000% your health… do you think you’ll make a significant dent compared to what she does to yours?
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I think without context we can’t answer. Champ, rank, etc. And yes your big hits won’t be as big as Rogue’s but you’ll get a decent white number relative to what you normally get
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    because big numbers come from crits, so unless you use crit on block champions (Doom, Ghost, CG and Masacar sp2, probably more) you won't see big numbers
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    R5 maxed Sparky with 10 charges was only clocking 3k damage. With the invade node at 300% attack and 100% block penetration, that number should be massively higher.
    It's basically at 10k attack with the 10 poise and class advantage. That's 30k attack with invade... so where's the 100% block penetration? Doesn't add up.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

Correct me if i am wrong but aren't i suppose to be dealing big hits when AI is blocking? Apparently rogue has no problem dealing big hits when i slip up and block yet when she blocking and i'm hitting into her block no big damage being dealt at all. Unless invade node is bugged or i'm just suck at this game so bad that i cant deal big damage with invade 🤔

When you hit into her block you are doing more damage than you would hitting into her normally (with a non critical hit). If you are bringing in a 5/65 without suicides you are looking at around 2500 attack which is increased by 300% by invade so when you attack into her block, you have 7500 attack and are probably dealing around 2400+ damage per medium. That Rogue boss has 17k attack, multiply it by 3 for the 300% invade increase (I hope I am not wrong about how percentages work in relation to mulitplication) and she's hitting into your block with 51k attack which will deal big damage on a parry and decimate you on a normal block. You should do everything you can to not take a blocked hit, she'll do less damage hitting into you than hitting into your block.
    As per my actual scenario, sparky 5* r5 approx 10k attack,l with 10 charges, multiplied by 300% would be 30k attack... while it falls short of the 51k you claimed, and quite honestly not going to look it up, I wasn't doing anywhere close to the amount of date into block that I received. It seems as the the 100% block penetratiom is one sided.
    *amount of damage...
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Camby01 said:

It seems as the the 100% block penetratiom is one sided.

Yeah that's the point
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

It's basically at 10k attack with the 10 poise and class advantage. That's 30k attack with invade... so where's the 100% block penetration? Doesn't add up.

Sparky can't crit through block.

So whilst he's getting +300% Attack (plus whatever from the Poise charges) he's only capable of landing normal hits.

When he actually hits her, his +230% Critical damage rating won't feel much less.

If you used a champ who can crit through block like Corvus, Yondu, Red Cyclops and Aegon, you'd see a far bigger difference with the Invade node (especially Yondu, since he can also inflict Bleeds through block).