**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sorcerer vs SOP Rogue

BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
Looking for some help here as struggling to get to grips with the fight. Sorcerer is my only viable option.

I hear people describe this matchup as easy. Personally I’m not seeing it. She hulk was a very easy solo for me on an old account, this is much harder for me to gain any kind of control over the fight. Never feel like the aggressor if that makes sense.

With shehulk as long as I land the first few combos to take her to sp1 the fight is then in the bag bar silly mistakes timing stand up intercepts etc.

With sorcerer I just can’t work out any safe way of playing it. It seems I’m constantly having to make risky intercepts and on that note for some reason I’m finding backdrafts so unreliable with her in this fight only. I’ll often get beaten to the punch or rogue sidesteps me and I get smacked.

I’d estimate I need 500 hits to get rogue down as my champ is r4, best I’ve done is 300.

Plan is usually to get to sp3 on powergain mode.

I’ve then tried sp1 spam which maybe feels a little safer, and also had good runs focussing on sp2 with the much longer slow and ability to hit it into the unstoppable.

I can’t really rely on the regen/parries as one parry takes over 50% health.

Ive only got 2 in MD.

Reviving isn’t a viable strategy due to the fact I can quite easily go 10 attempts without doing any meaningful damage.

Any tips or pointers greatly appreciated.

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Start with the slow prefight, then slow play until sp3. Her passive power gain will help. Then use sp1s or 2s. Sp2 is better.

Lagacy did a solo with her, it would help to watch
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    Watch some youtube videos. If you can get that permanent slow rune up then sorcerer is the safest, most reliable option due to heal on block (deals with invade) and reliable slow.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You can intercept rogues medium dash with a light. Easy intercepts

L1 does not apply slow before hit so don’t throw it while she is unstoppable

L2 does apply slow before but so feel free to throw it while Rogue is unstoppable.

Regen passives largely negate the invade node, but don’t do this when you have low health.

Good luck!
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Cheers chaps but time to call it a day.

Finding it impossible to go that deep without getting tagged or cornered. Basic skills like backdraft and those mid combo intercepts i do all the time just aren’t working 100% for me in this fight like they need to.

Just have to console myself with those 250-300 hit attempts that would have been solos with r3 like the big dogs are using 😂

Shulk was way more reliable imo and why you see 2* kills with her and not sorcerer.

I’m sure others could play it better. Even on the best attempts I’m constantly winging it without any plan.