**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Diablo Champion Spotlight Released

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,980 ★★★★★
https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-diablo/

Actually looks really solid. I’m withholding any conclusive statements until his release, but my duped 6* Diablo is starting to look real good for my Acid Wash path on Map 7.

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,980 ★★★★★

I am excited for his buff as he was my second five star ever. First was ghost

That is some extremely back and forth luck right there 😂
  • Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Wicket329 said:

I am excited for his buff as he was my second five star ever. First was ghost

That is some extremely back and forth luck right there 😂
    Nah after ghost I pulled straight 8 champs that were trash until mysterio lmao it was mostly bad luck after ghost
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    He actually looks pretty solid, never thought I'd be glad to have a 6* diablo.

Pretty funny that they're making a poison focused diablo and then releasing a 6* voodoo shortly
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Holding out my opinion untill he gets the buff.

I hope it's not too tricky to refresh his poisons.
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Actually looks really solid. I’m withholding any conclusive statements until his release, but my duped 6* Diablo is starting to look real good for my Acid Wash path on Map 7.

Is the spotlight for other champion out?

Wicket329 said:

Is the spotlight for other champion out?
    Not that I’ve seen
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Who’s the coming soon, I wonder?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Maybe Cyttorak? Would fit with Juggernaut being part of the same "Legion Accursed" Synergy
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    He certainly sounds better
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

I'm anticipating kraven and getting ready to be hurt once again
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Voltolos said:

Maybe Cyttorak? Would fit with Juggernaut being part of the same "Legion Accursed" Synergy
    The Legion accursed is a comic book team. Options that I could see coming are:

Absorbing Man
    Batroc
    Crimson Dynamo
    Hobgoblin
    Kraven the Hunter
    Silver Samurai
    Titania

There are more, but these are a little less obscure than The Living Laser
    Pls not be Kraven and be Absorbing Man instead cuz in comics Sentry epicly destroys Absorbing Man and could have an epic bgt synergy with him. :)
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Wait with his one potion he heals70% energy damage and his sig reduces 30% all damage. Does this mean he essentially takes no damage from energy attacks if you use that potion, have max sig and have enough time to let the passive heal take full effect? If so that seems awesome.
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 538 ★★★

Wait with his one potion he heals70% energy damage and his sig reduces 30% all damage. Does this mean he essentially takes no damage from energy attacks if you use that potion, have max sig and have enough time to let the passive heal take full effect? If so that seems awesome.

Not eaxctly. Regeneration and Reduction of Damage are different. If at Max Sig, all damage is being reduced by 30% while Poisoned so the Energy Damage that would be done is reduced by 30% (Plus add his energy Resistance). Then, if Distilled Will is active, 70% of the reduced energy damage is regenerated back. It does mean that he won't take too much damage from energy attacks but not in the way I think you were thinking it worked.
    Shock29 said:

Not eaxctly. Regeneration and Reduction of Damage are different. If at Max Sig, all damage is being reduced by 30% while Poisoned so the Energy Damage that would be done is reduced by 30% (Plus add his energy Resistance). Then, if Distilled Will is active, 70% of the reduced energy damage is regenerated back. It does mean that he won't take too much damage from energy attacks but not in the way I think you were thinking it worked.
    I think this is correct. Additionally worth considering is that if the energy damage is a DoT debuff like incinerate, shock, or coldsnap, willpower will be in effect as well to further mitigate it.

I hope this will make him viable for fights like Magik, Dormammu, Mephisto, and Terrax. Two of those are poison immune so he wouldn’t be my first pick, but he’s solid for the others.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Shock29 said:

Yeah I see, take 30% off the top then heal 70% of the remaining damage.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Shock29 said:

Wouldn't he heal less than 70% though. Since he would still have a poison on him which reduces healing. As far as I see he only reduces the potency of the poison damage by 100% but that wouldn't stop the healing reduction?
    ItsDamien said:

Shock29 said:

Wouldn't he heal less than 70% though. Since he would still have a poison on him which reduces healing. As far as I see he only reduces the potency of the poison damage by 100% but that wouldn't stop the healing reduction?
    Potentially, but you’ll also be getting willpower healing from that poison. So it just depends on how potent the energy damage is to determine what percentage you are actually healing.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Look like he's suicide friendly champ and those poisons look solid, hope his poison is practical to keep 20 stack and long enough.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

ItsDamien said:

Shock29 said:

Potentially, but you’ll also be getting willpower healing from that poison. So it just depends on how potent the energy damage is to determine what percentage you are actually healing.
    Oh for sure, he'll still be a healing machine and very suicide friendly, but I think it's just something to note especially in the future if it does intact interact the way I described. I can already imagine the threads of people saying "he's not healing as much as he should!"
    ItsDamien said:

Wicket329 said:

ItsDamien said:

Shock29 said:

Oh for sure, he'll still be a healing machine and very suicide friendly, but I think it's just something to note especially in the future if it does intact interact the way I described. I can already imagine the threads of people saying "he's not healing as much as he should!"
    Oh god, watching the forums do healing math sounds like an awful time. I want no part in that.
  • Pdogg614Pdogg614 Posts: 78
    Ppl are so hung up on this one interaction, the rest of his kit looks amazing too.

I’m seeing a lot of cool interactions like the s3 with null potion u give them 10 BUFFS then the potion itself from the 24 second effect will nullify them putting u back up in power(this is the exact reason they only allow 1 s3 guaranteed). Even with one time it’s still a great effect.

Also just a blanket stun immune or armour break immune when u need can be super handy vs some matchups like airwalker or stun nodes.

What I’m seeing for max damage is to not use all 3 pots and throw 2 s1 while interrupting the life gain pot. That will get him his max 8 vials quick.

Whats a bigger question than the energy damage interaction is do his poisons scale with attack cause if they do getting all 8 vials up his poisons will be nuts.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    I like it. Got a 5* yesterday so I can't wait to test him
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Friggin' hilarious. If the spotlight pans out, Diablo will easily be my best suicide-friendly mystic.

Oh dear God. So I'm gonna have a 5r5s200 or 6r2 Diablo in my future, Chair help me.