**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is max sig Diablo immune to energy damage?

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
There is one potion that gives him 70% regen on incoming energy damage, (like Gulk), and if he is poisoned at max sig, he reduces incoming damage by 30%.

I am assuming that all that is is instead of regenerating 70% of energy damage and ignoring the other 30%, it’s just going to reduce it and regenerate 49% and only take 21% incoming energy damage.
Could a mod confirm this interaction?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Well, they're about to redesign/buff him.

Why not wait and see if he still has either of these abilities in a week's time, then ask in his new Spotlight?
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Likely what you said, reduces damage by 30% and then heals 70% of what he still takes
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Oh God, I might actually 5r5s200ing my Diablo, lmao. I also have the 6*, so it depends on the sig scaling.
  • Options

There is one potion that gives him 70% regen on incoming energy damage, (like Gulk), and if he is poisoned at max sig, he reduces incoming damage by 30%.

I am assuming that all that is is instead of regenerating 70% of energy damage and ignoring the other 30%, it’s just going to reduce it and regenerate 49% and only take 21% incoming energy damage.
    Could a mod confirm this interaction?

Way too OP if he was immune. Probably gonna be the latter interaction
    I mean you do have to have your potion and a poison up simultaneously for both reductions so it’s not like power stone hulk energy immune but it could still be very good.
  • Options

Oh God, I might actually 5r5s200ing my Diablo, lmao. I also have the 6*, so it depends on the sig scaling.

Lol wait until we know for sure just in case
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    Recovery takes it to about 80% healing when taking energy damage, which is decent. Keep in mind, this is only after launching a special.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Immunity and resistance are a massive difference.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

Why not wait and see if he still has either of these abilities in a week's time, then ask in his new Spotlight?

Spotlight is already out.
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-diablo/
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Oh, wow. I guess I never put 2 and 2 together and realized just how huge sig 200 is for Diablo…

I can’t believe your actually gaining health from energy attacks with distilled will ingredient + recovery.

Anyone know if this applies to debuffs and/or blocked hits? This could be MAJOR.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

100% resistance > immunity.
    I would rather have immunity then resistance, as immunity rarely has a punishing effect, resistances on the other hand have many punishing effects Tied in with some beneficial.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

I would rather have immunity then resistance, as immunity rarely has a punishing effect, resistances on the other hand have many punishing effects Tied in with some beneficial.
    I'd rather willpower *shrug* to each their own.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

But a good shout is that WP healing may be heavily mitigated due to the poisons
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

This was from the buff spotlight.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

But a good shout is that WP healing may be heavily mitigated due to the poisons
    Ye I didn't realize we were on a diablo thread. I meant in general. Definitely a very good point.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Seeing poison reduces healing by 30%, unlikely.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Resistance is nice for WP but then on nodes with enhanced debuff damage, you're screwed. Down to personal perference really.
  • Options
    Can someone with a max sig Diablo +liquid courage check this?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    his 30% from sig ablity worls like namors 100%. so if the original energy damage was something like 1000, he only takes 700. when he takes this 700, he regens 70% of that damage taken. so he would heal 490. so in total effect he only loses 210. so this is like an effective 79% damage reduction.

why would you think of adding them though? they're totally different type of ablities
  • Options
    I stated myself in the original post that I assumed it would be an effective 79% reduction, but I wanted to see just in case because interactions can be weird.