Options

Arena compensation

Genji308Genji308 Posts: 9
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Kabam players deserve more than a couple of units and 2 phcs for a bug that costs them units that they most likely were grinding for July 4th.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,052 ★★★★
    You got the compensation?
  • Options
    Justjokingoff_0Justjokingoff_0 Posts: 31
    ^
  • Options
    ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    They really shouldn't have bothered with this so called compensation.
    It's utterly woeful, and the community will have the usual "we'll pass your feedback to the team to learn for the future" phrase thrown at them.
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I mean..you got what you would've. They didn't take away anything.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

This compensation is the definition of bare minimum. It's a missed opportunity at getting on the good side of players by sending everyone who played the arena the biggest package

It’s actually the definition of compensation, recompense for loss. Unless you are suggesting there was injury or suffering that should be compensated but that would be so ridiculous people would question ones grip on reality.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Yes they didn't take anything away from you. You got what you would have gotten. I was mistaken. If you didn't get what you would have gotten, send in a ticket to support.

They could have taken these two weeks to send out something extra to make up for for the earlier changes which affected most of us negatively and get us excited before July 4th but it is what it is. The lowly amount of units don't look good but it's what you have missed out on.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

This compensation is the definition of bare minimum. It's a missed opportunity at getting on the good side of players by sending everyone who played the arena the biggest package

It’s actually the definition of compensation, recompense for loss. Unless you are suggesting there was injury or suffering that should be compensated but that would be so ridiculous people would question ones grip on reality.
    I didn't say this wasn't compensation. I said this was the bare minimum.

Kabam actually went through all that trouble of making sure everyone just got the bare minimum instead of just sending everyone a single package
    I very much disagree with this sentiment, they stated you'd get what you would have earned if the arena was correct, they compensated by that much exactly (not sure if it was right for everyone but it should have been).

There's no logical reason that everyone should get the same package for doing the barest of minimum either, say 17k milestone vs someone who did 4.4m which is the new max. They should both get the same? That's not compensation at that point. That's low-key fundamental communism (not in a derogatory term but in terms actual ideology).

As long as everyone gets the exact difference of what they should have got from the amount of milestones they completed, that's all that should happen.
  • Options
    TJM34TJM34 Posts: 13
    Funny how Kabam employees have time to edit comments in these threads but won’t respond to them
  • Options
    Genji308Genji308 Posts: 9
    TJM34 said:

Funny how Kabam employees have time to edit comments in these threads but won’t respond to them

Right
  • Options
    Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    What do they need to respond to? They provided the most fair compensation they could - the difference between what people should have gotten based on the score they put up in the arena versus what they did receive... nothing they say will make you guys who think you should get extra for no reason happy
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    TJM34 said:

Always love that, they can nuke half of a thread on a question but can’t answer it
  • Options
    Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    edited June 2021

This is from another thread on this but he calculated it out perfectly just misunderstood what the compensation should have been
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,074 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Kabam actually went through all that trouble of making sure everyone just got the bare minimum instead of just sending everyone a single package
    You're equating a "we're sorry we messed up" package to compensation. Compensation should only ever be what was missed because of an error. They're giving everyone what they should have earned, not what the could have earned. Same way that people are compensated differently in the past like with AQ.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

ItsDamien said:

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

I very much disagree with this sentiment, they stated you'd get what you would have earned if the arena was correct, they compensated by that much exactly (not sure if it was right for everyone but it should have been).

There's no logical reason that everyone should get the same package for doing the barest of minimum either, say 17k milestone vs someone who did 4.4m which is the new max. They should both get the same? That's not compensation at that point. That's low-key fundamental communism (not in a derogatory term but in terms actual ideology).

As long as everyone gets the exact difference of what they should have got from the amount of milestones they completed, that's all that should happen.
    I'm pretty sure they didn't give close to what was missed comparative between the two arenas. I'm pretty sure I landed around 1.2 million points and received 18 unit package. The milestones gave 7 units instead of 13 and in the updated structure that's 9 milestones. I can't find what the structure was when the milestones gave 7 units but there would have to have been more milestones in the same point range for 18 units to be the difference.
    You missed the entire point of my post brilliantly. I agree that you should get exactly the amount that you would be owed and absolutely nothing more than that.
  • Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,225
  • Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,225
    Lvernon15 said:

TJM34 said:

Always love that, they can nuke half of a thread on a question but can’t answer it
    There's no Question here though...
This discussion has been closed.