**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you play AW?

TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
If yes, then at what level? Do you push? Do you coast? And for what reasons? Rewards? Entertainment? Camaraderie?

If no, then why? Nodes? Annoyances? Roster shackling?

I realize this is a somewhat common thread, but it's nice to get a snapshot of the community as it currently is.

Do you play AW? 141 votes

Yes
64%
winterthurdanielmathLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelMr_PlatypusMegaSkater67Haji_SaabrishisaizuffyKDoggg2017AzKicker316jdrum663thanks4playingLvernon15ThecurlerAKTEKWorknprogressRbk19aleyianTatteredSail 91 votes
No
35%
Whiskey_PoetSiliyoSnizzbarWolverDominatorTimone147DrenlinTristanCazFoxhero007Wardenclockheintje12Hammerbro_64Kronos187KerneasAustin555555Raichu626TheLegend27Gustavo20Little_Crocodili29anggafk 50 votes

Comments

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Yup i do. Not a hard core war player, but i do my part and try not to die.

Reward change is a bit better, but i know plat level ones got messed with. I do silver-gold based on my progression level.
  • CangaceiroCangaceiro Posts: 429
    Yes
    My alliance likes to play, we are pushing for gold now since the new rewards update. Before we sat at S1.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yes
    Yep, I do plat 4 because it i find it fun and it is the highest tier I can go while not having to spend much
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I hate it so much. But can't deny that it's fun and challenging. The platinum rewards increase is very mediocre tho, but that's where my ally is at.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yes
    P1/masters level
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Yes
    Yup. 1BG in tier 4-5. Just casual war, no pressure to use items. We made gold 3 last few seasons but not sure we can remain in gold 3 this season with the win bonus reduction to 30k. That is 80-90k points lost per win.

As for why I continue to play war, I got champs doing nothing. Might as well see them get kills and collect some rewards with minimum efforts.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Tier 3/4 and plat 4. One of the more enjoyable modes for me in an alli specifically focused on AW
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Yes
    Plat 2, usually tier 2/3. It’s my favourite part of the game and has been for years. I enjoy the pretty much everything about it. I’ve always been in leadership since wars started back in 2015 and for me it’s the biggest part of the game. From planning defence to organising attack, I just find its the most fun part MCOC personally.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    No
    Time commitment to an alliance. I like being able to spend exactly as much time as I want on the game on any given day.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Yes, I’m a cav player who’s close to thronebreaker. I’m in a gold 2 or 3 ally who runs almost all map 5 aq. I’m typically the one to take down minis and sometimes the boss. It’s fun since we’re not hard core.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Yes
    I'm currently chilling in p4/p3 doing casual wars
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    No
    Not worth in in bronze 2
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Yes
    Plat 4 now. Reason is I love challenges and without it I will die out of boredom
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Yes
    Kill_Grey said:

I'm currently chilling in p4/p3 doing casual wars

I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as "casual wars"
    Depends on your roster and skill level. It uses little to no items and I don't feel any stress from it
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    No
    I’d need to join an ally that is too hardcore for me right now to make any effort I put toward it worth it. Casual wars are just extra constraint on my life that in reality grant me little extra progress. Can still complete all content I want to with earned items and not spending.

Enjoy not needing to log in when I don’t want to or having to wait and plan my sleep time and end of day at work around a war clock.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Tier 18 map. :D
    Playing for milestone rewards and whatever comes out end of season.

Now that it is 6 energy, one sitting is sufficient to reach and either kill the Boss or die trying to kill it.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    No
    Not competitive since Season 2. No regerts
  • heintje12heintje12 Posts: 30
    No
    very simple: it's not fun, the rewards are not good enough for the time that has to be invested for a whole season.
    and the people who use their glory for revives and health potions would probably be better off using them in the glorystore until they can get the really big rewards at platinum or master level