**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Floating is not dashing

ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
I don't know if this only happens to me but the "aggression" node is weird af. The defender is supposed to use dash and heavy attacks but all they do is float towards you. You can't intercept or parry a floating defender, You will either get intercepted yourself or backdrafted. Nowhere was this more obvious than the SOP rogue. Half the time she's floating, the other half she's standing still, open waiting for you to dash back so she can attack or for you to attack so she can backdraft. I have grown to hate this node.
Dear Kabam, floating is not "dashing" There is nothing "aggressive" about it.

Comments

• Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

You should see oscillate paths. The AI acts like it's on crack.

I haven't fought that node, what's it about?
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

I haven't fought that node, what's it about?
    It's a long description, but it's based on a timer where the opponent has increased attack values, and literally doesn't block. Then there's another portion where the AI has increased stats and literally doesn't attack.

Can't explain too well, but there's a path in 6.4.4 with oscillate.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I have to admit there were times during the SoP Rogue where the Aggressive node wasn't Aggressive at all which led to being counter intercepted and all other kinds of shenanigans.
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I still have memories of the challenge in December. Warlock was having a fit
    He kept block spamming
  • Options
    silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    Didn’t help that it felt like Rogue’s range for those intercepts felt really far. I’m sure it’s not actually further than other champs, but after getting intercepted into oblivion in 2 hits, it certainly felt wonky
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I wish this sinister had that aggressive node. But, seeing that rogue was not very aggressive, I am not sure it would have made a difference.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Almost definitely my least favourite node in the entire game.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Oscillate is crazy. During fury phase even a baby could land light intercept after light intercept, but good luck getting an opening in armor phase.

However, I have encountered some anomalous behaviour when taking oscillate with quake, the AI is fairly aggressive even in defense mode, anyone else encounter this?(There's a good chance I'm thinking of some other interaction, so take this at face value)
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hard to choose between that one and tranquility for me.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I didn’t experience this with SoP Rogue at all. If I brought a non-slow champ I was cornered real fast because she just dashed at me non stop.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wait really? The one that resets buffs and debuffs after a bit and not something like aspect of war or AoN or some proximity-based node combo? I mean maybe you have a head for that
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

Wait really? The one that resets buffs and debuffs after a bit and not something like aspect of war or AoN or some proximity-based node combo? I mean maybe you have a head for that
    Honestly, aspect of war isn't too bad for me since I have spelthy and/or shehulk to counter most champs there. As for proximity based nodes like long distance relationship, running on fumes and close encounters, they're not the worst. But man, tranquility is a freaking pain for me. Neuters soooo many champs.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

Honestly, aspect of war isn't too bad for me since I have spelthy and/or shehulk to counter most champs there. As for proximity based nodes like long distance relationship, running on fumes and close encounters, they're not the worst. But man, tranquility is a freaking pain for me. Neuters soooo many champs.
    I hate aspect of evolution on high health pools.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I hate oscillate paths. It’s one node that shouldn’t be too hard because it doesn’t add anything necessarily difficult to the defender but is so much of a pain because the ai plays terribly and is so hard to fight.