Champion Spotlight - Diablo (2021 Update)
An unrivaled alchemist and a member of Spanish nobility, Esteban Corazon de Ablo uses his arcane concoctions to lengthen his life, incinerate his foes and more. Driven by an unending desire to become as powerful as a god, Diablo now finds himself in The Contest hoping to secure the ISO-Sphere for his continued experimentation. Ambition pushes the Spanish nobleman to acquire power at all costs, and very few heroes can, or will, stand in his way.
The King of potions has returned to The Contest with a fresh face! Using his Special 2 and Special 1, combined with Medium 2 and Heavy Attack, stack as many Poisons as you can on the opponent for some massive damage over time! His brand new Pre-fights give Diablo pin-point precision on what kind of utility he needs at the drop of a hat!
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||36530||2820||13660|
Character Class: Mystic
Basic Abilities: Energy Damage, Poison Resistance, Poison, Regeneration
- Poison Damage
- Diablo is going to return to The Contest with some of the best Poison damage in the game! Give him a whirl wherever you might need some on demand Poison damage.
- Stun Immunity
- Dealing with some pesky defensive stuns like Encroaching Stun is a breeze with Diablo’s all new Philosophers mix!
- Poison Immunity
- Tons of Diablo’s kit relies on the ability to apply Poisons, make sure you can!
- Energy Resistance
- The other share of Diablo’s damage comes from Energy Damage. Watch out for opponents with high Energy Resistance.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Diablo’s alchemical self-experimentation grants the following:
- +525 Energy Resistance.
- Incoming Poison effects suffer -100% Potency.
- Basic Attacks deal Energy Damage instead of Physical.
- In the Pre-Fight Menu, Diablo can add up to 3 Alchemical Ingredients to his Philosopher’s Mix Passive for the fight. He has unlimited Ingredients but can only add 1 of each type to a fight.
- Each unused ingredient type is converted into 2 indefinite Vials of Might during the fight, which grant +131.34 Attack Rating & +10% Poison Potency. Max Stacks: 8.
Philosopher’s Mix – Launch a Special Attack
- Philosopher’s Mix lasts 8 seconds per level of Special Attack used and heals Diablo 113.4 health every second. It also gains effects based on which Ingredients were added in the Pre-Fight Menu.
- Distilled Will: Incoming Energy Damage causes Diablo to Passively Heal 70% of the damage taken.
- Essence of Null: Every 2 seconds, 100% chance to Nullify 1 Buff on the opponent.
- Grain of Uru: Gain Immunity to Stun effects & Armor Break Debuffs.
- Unless otherwise stated, Diablo’s Poison Debuffs inflict 1488.52 direct damage over 14 seconds and reduce healing effects by 30%.
- Heavy Attack: Each hit has 100% chance to inflict a Poison Debuff.
- Medium Attack 2: 75% chance to inflict a Poison Debuff.
| Special 1: Double Edged Elixir
| Special 2: Whelming Surge
| Special 3: Epic Experimentation
| Signature Ability - Toxic Experimentation
Unending Ambition: - Unique - With Loki, Red Skull, Kingpin
- Diablo: Personal Poison Debuffs become Passive and gain +10% Potency.
- Loki: +35% Curse Debuff duration.
- Red Skull: +35% Shock Debuff Potency.
- Kingpin: Gain 1 Rage each time the opponent Nullifies a Buff.
Madcap Experimentalists - Unique - With Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, M.O.D.O.K.
- Diablo: Special Attacks have a 70% chance to inflict a Stun Debuff, lasting 1.5 second(s) per level of Special Attack used.
- Green Goblin: +1.5% Attack Rating per Cunning / Madness Charge.
- Doctor Octopus: +35% Heal Block Debuff duration.
- M.O.D.O.K: +20% personal Debuff Duration.
Twisted Arcanists - Unique - With Dormammu, Symbiote Supreme, Mangog
- Diablo: Philosopher’s Mix is Paused during Diablo’s Special Attacks.
- Symbiote Supreme: +1% Attack Rating for each Stagger on the opponent.
- Dormammu: After using an Imbued attack, gain 40 Dark Energy.
- Mangog: While Enraged, gain +10% Attack Rating.
Legion Accursed - Unique - With Mephisto, Juggernaut, Coming Soon
- Diablo: Poison effects on the opponent reduce healing effects by 50% each instead of 30%.
- Mephisto: Gain 50% of a bar of Power when a Poison Debuff would be gained. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
- Juggernaut: While Unstoppable, Juggernaut doubles his Armor Rating.
- Coming Soon: Effects will be revealed at a later time.
Rivals - With Doctor Doom, Annihilus, Mole Man, Psycho-Man
- All Champions: +115 Critical Damage Rating
Nemesis - With Invisible Woman, Thing, Human Torch, Mister Fantastic
- All Champions: +6% Attack Rating.
Incoming Synergy Changes:
Full Metal- From: Dragon Man
- Diablo: Philosopher’s Mix gains +20% duration. Additionally, Vials of Might grant +10% Special Damage.
Liquid Courage & Willpower
- Diablo gains full Immunity to Poison Debuff damage, so he is able to take advantage of free damage and healing with Willpower!
- Using Diablo’s Pre-Fights he can nullify buffs fairly on demand, allowing anyone to get tons of free power in those Buff heavy fights!