Champion Spotlight - Bishop (2021 Update)

About Bishop
The Mutant known as Bishop was born into a bleak alternate future in which the robot Sentinel wiped out most of the X-Men, and Mutants were branded with an “M” over their right eye for identification. After chasing a criminal through a time portal with no means to return to his own timeline, Bishop joined the X-Men.

Bishop's Mechanics

Bishop is a master of Power and Prowess. Fighting opponents who are foolish enough to use energy attacks against you, or from the Skill class, Bishop will gain a massive amount of Prowess. The more Prowess Bishop has, the more powerful his Special Attacks become. Using his new and updated Steady Release Passive on Special 1 will let you melt your opponent with stacking Incinerate Debuffs, or bank them all into a massive Special 2 for some serious damage. Watchout when you run into Bishop in your quests as well, he’s got new abilities to punish pesky Skill Champions shrugging off his Debuffs!

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  3457  474  1877
 4-Star  16192  1187  4704
 5-Star  32465  2380  10550
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  41833  3067  13569

Character Class: Mutant

Basic Abilities: Prowess, Regeneration, Unblockable Incinerate

STRENGTHS:
  • Energy Damage
  • Bishop loves to fight anyone that tries to get him with Energy Damage, building Prowess and melting the opponent away.

• Punish Debuff Shrugging
  • Whenever the opponent Shrugs off a Debuff, Bishop will punish them with a burst of damage, careful not to bring Kingpin against Bishop’s new kit!
WEAKNESSES:
  • Tech Champs
  • Bishop will not gain Prowess when being struck while fighting Tech Champions, reducing his defensive threat greatly!

• Power Control
  • Bishop relies heavily on his Special Attacks to get his full potential, cutting off his power will make things much harder for him.

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Persistent Power Meter:
  • Bishop’s mastery over energy and time enables him to enter a fight with 100% of the Power he finished his previous fight in the same Quest with.
  • Bishop’s Special Attacks cost no Power when activated. Instead, after the Special ends, Bishop immediately loses however many Bars of Power that special would have cost
Dev Note: Bishop’s Special Attacks not costing power anymore means that if you finish a fight with a big Special 2 or Special 1, you’ll carry that power over to the next fight!

Always Active – Personal Prowes
  • All of Bishop’s Personal Passive Prowess effects increase Special Attack Damage by 10%.
Always Active – Energy Transference
  • +4076.47 Energy Resistance.
  • Every 1 second(s), on receiving any Energy Damage gain 3 Passive Prowess.
  • Absorbing the kinetic energy of Blocking or being Struck generates 1 stack of Prowess, Well Time Blocks gain an additional +6 Prowess.
  • All these abilities grant +2 Prowess vs Skill Opponents, and -1 vs Tech.
Dev Notes: Bringing Bishop into any fights with pesky Skill Champions will let him generate tons of Prowess!

Blocking
  • Holding Block for 0.5 seconds, Bishop converts 1 Personal Prowess into a Regeneration Buff every 0.33 seconds, granting 186.67 Health over 5 seconds. Max Stacks: 5.
  • Each Prowess converted also has an 100% chance to Purify a Bleed Debuff.
Always Active – Debuff Feedback
  • Each time the Opponent Purifies a Debuff they instantly receive 1902.57 Energy Damage.
  • Skill Champions also receive a Passive Stun lasting 1.50 second(s) if the Debuff Purified was a Stun.
Dev Notes: Funny that those silly Skill Champions thought they could escape from Bishop’s Debuffs. Make sure no matter what they do, Skill Champions will feel Bishop’s wrath!

Warning: Power Overload!
  • While Bishop has more than 30 Prowess, or if he’s Bleeding, he Overloads and begins consuming his personal Prowess effects 1 at a time, getting faster the longer he’s been Overloading.
  • If Bishop is suffering from a Bleed, Shock, or Incinerate, Debuff or Passive, each time he consumes a Prowess this way he also deals 476 Energy Damage to his Opponent, scaling with Base Attack.
Special Attacks
  • After each Special Attack Bishop consumes all his Personal Prowess Passives.
  • If Bishop is Overloading go Unblockable for the Duration of the Special Attack.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Special 1: Steady Release
  • After this Special Attack finishes, gain a Steady Release Passive for 10 seconds.
  • While active every 0.75 second(s) while near the opponent, inflict an Incinerate Debuff on them, dealing 773.5 Energy Damage over 3 seconds.
  • Each Prowess consumed by this attack increases the Duration of Steady Release by 2.5%.
Dev Notes: Standing near the opponent while Steady Release is a great way to juice some extra damage. I love hitting into the opponent’s block and staying on top of them as much as possible to stack up as many Incinerates as I can.

Special 2: Burst Release
  • The last hit has a 100% chance to inflict an Incinerate Debuff lasting 10 seconds, and dealing 70% of the total damage dealt by this Special.

Special 3: Diffusion Wave
  • 100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Energy Vulnerability reducing Energy Resistance by 1274.04 for 20 seconds.
  • Against enemies at full Health, this Energy Vulnerability becomes indefinite.

Signature Ability - Foresight
  • Bishop prepares a unique bonus based on how many bars of Power are full at the start of the fight that last for the remainder of the fight.
  • With 0 Bars: Special Attacks become Unblockable with a stack of 10 or more Prowess.
  • With 1 Bar: While Blocking, gain Stun Immunity and enemies lose 80% ability accuracy.
  • With 2 Bars: Special Attacks have a 100% chance to leave the target Incinerated for 70% of the Special damage over 10 seconds.
  • With 3 Bars: Start the fight with Steady Release active for 15 seconds.

SYNERGY BONUSES
Chronal Anchor: - With Psylocke
  • Both: Opponents are inflicted with a Passive Petrify for 1 second after they fill a bar of Power, reducing Regeneration and Power Gain effectiveness by 100%. This Petrify is paused during Bishop and Psylocke’s Special Attacks.

Energy Conduit - Unique - With Storm
  • Bishop: Start with +2 Prowess and 1 Bar of Power.
  • Storm: +15% energy resistance

Energy Conduit - Unique - With Cyclops
  • Cyclops: +15% energy resistance

Energy Conduit - Unique - With Doctor Strange
  • Doctor Strange: +15% energy resistance

Energy Conduit - Unique - With Electro
  • electro: +15% energy resistance

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Double Edge
  • Bishop has a quick and clean way to get rid of Bleed in his kit! Make sure to pick up that extra attack.

Recovery:
  • Bishop’s Regeneration might not be the biggest in the game, but with Recovery you can help top yourself up even more!

Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 1,512 ★★★★

MCOC Team said:

Persistent Power Meter:

• Bishop’s mastery over energy and time enables him to enter a fight with 100% of the Power he finished his previous fight in the same Quest with.
    • Bishop’s Special Attacks cost no Power when activated. Instead, after the Special ends, Bishop immediately loses however many Bars of Power that special would have cost
    Does this apply to SP3s?
    It has too because of his sig ability on starting the fight with 3 bars of power.
  • oomungaoomunga Posts: 1
    edited June 30
    The buff looks promising when using Bishop as an attacker. He will be a more powerful AW defender too now.

I am concerned though about how difficult Bishop will be on Alliance Quest Map 7 - mix master and prove yourself node in section 1. He is already a pain point for that path, but with the buff now, I think he will be over the top.

You can't use any energy based champs and now de-buff purifying champs (will Ghost trigger this energy damage?). You now also need an incinerate immune champ with the damage you will take from SP1 and SP2. If he reaches his SP3 and kills you, then conceivably you will never be able to get pass him as he will have SP3 active at the start of every fight unless you have someone who can tank a SP3 (although if Ghost cops energy damage from phasing, then she's out)
  • StellarStellar Posts: 640 ★★★
    Signature Ability - Foresight

Bishop prepares a unique bonus based on how many bars of Power are full at the start of the fight that last for the remainder of the fight.
    With 0 Bars: Special Attacks become Unblockable with a stack of 10 or more Prowess.
    With 1 Bar: While Blocking, gain Stun Immunity and enemies lose 80% ability accuracy.
    With 2 Bars: Special Attacks have a 100% chance to leave the target Incinerated for 70% of the Special damage over 10 seconds.
    With 3 Bars: Start the fight with Steady Release active for 15 seconds.

Does those bonus stack or do you get only one ?
    No more damage on Bishop when he is overloaded ?
    So he can keep those prowess without any fear of taking damage now.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 3,456 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

No more damage on Bishop when he is overloaded ?
    So he can keep those prowess without any fear of taking damage now.

Yes
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    That means the doom cheese method is over. Damn.😂
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,411 ★★★
    He looks INSANE!!! Nice job Kabam!!! Easily one of the best buffs so far!
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 2,738 ★★★★★
    edited June 30
    He looks very good, he will be a tricky defender. He will pretty much be unblockable all the time. You'll need an incinerate immune champion that's ideally tech. Ultron and Colossus come to mind.

He looks very good, he will be a tricky defender. He will pretty much be unblockable all the time. You'll need an incinerate immune champion that's ideally tech. Ultron and Colossus come to mind.

Vulture 😳
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 589 ★★★
    Stellar said:

Vulture 😳
    Vulture is the ideal counter for Bishop. Power control, Tech, Incenerate immune and well Vulture is quite good now also.
  • FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 741 ★★★
    Passive Stun only against skill..hmm..but why?
  • Harry_71Harry_71 Posts: 83
    Two Questions:
    What happens in AW, when Bishop is a Defender and wins a fight with a special?
    Does he also start the next flight then with the same power level?
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 580 ★★★
    Harry_71 said:

Two Questions:

I believe so.
    Chikel said:

Fabwizi said:

BPCW, DDHK, KP and other annoying skill shrug off champs
    I agree with you, Hit Monkey, Agent Venom, DDHK, King Pin, Elsa, Korg, Crossbones and Moleman are skill champs who shrug stuns off so this can be very useful.

The Black Pather CW one may be a funny interaction tho. Bishop will still probably get the stun sent back but BP will also be passively stunned while Bishop is so at least it won't be as annoying if you make a mistake. Limber helps also.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 667 ★★★
    Saiyan said:

Chikel said:

Fabwizi said:

I agree with you, Hit Monkey, Agent Venom, DDHK, King Pin, Elsa, Korg, Crossbones and Moleman are skill champs who shrug stuns off so this can be very useful.

The Black Pather CW one may be a funny interaction tho. Bishop will still probably get the stun sent back but BP will also be passively stunned while Bishop is so at least it won't be as annoying if you make a mistake. Limber helps also.
    About BPCW, his stun reflect will last 2.5s while Bishop only 1.5s so he's still gonna clap him...
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Chikel said:

Fabwizi said:

Bishop has 80% OAAR on block and with pacify that's 110% so the stun won't get reflected. I have no idea why it's not up to 100. Proxima has 200% OAAR
    Chikel said:

Saiyan said:

Chikel said:

Fabwizi said:

Bishop has 80% OAAR on block and with pacify that's 110% so the stun won't get reflected. I have no idea why it's not up to 100. Proxima has 200% OAAR
    That's fair and would make him much better vs BPCW but you gotta start with that Bar or power plus I recently removed Pacify cuz it hurts more than it helps since there are many nodes in game that give positive effects it messes I found and I've had it on since 2017.

Cav EQ and Act 7 to name two places where Pacify can hurt. It was great for Act 5 and Act 6 cuz Kabam were all about giving us ONLY pain back then with little to no nodes that gave us benefits.
    slacker said:

Saiyan said:

Chikel said:

Fabwizi said:

About BPCW, his stun reflect will last 2.5s while Bishop only 1.5s so he's still gonna clap him...
    Hence why I mentioned the Limber mastery. You have that at a decent level it'll cut it down to about 1.3 seconds which is just short of the 1.5 from Bishop so it MAY cancel out but I will test it tomorrow.

Plus as stated above, the -80% ability a while blocking when starting at 1 bar would for the most part fix this issue anyway.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 330 ★★

Harry_71 said:

Two Questions:

I believe so.
    This has always been the case.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 667 ★★★
    Saiyan said:

slacker said:

Saiyan said:

Chikel said:

Fabwizi said:

Hence why I mentioned the Limber mastery. You have that at a decent level it'll cut it down to about 1.3 seconds which is just short of the 1.5 from Bishop so it MAY cancel out but I will test it tomorrow.

Plus as stated above, the -80% ability a while blocking when starting at 1 bar would for the most part fix this issue anyway.
    He's also have stun immune too which i forgot lol, guess we have to see how this work when buff live.
    slacker said:

Saiyan said:

slacker said:

Saiyan said:

Chikel said:

Fabwizi said:

He's also have stun immune too which i forgot lol, guess we have to see how this work when buff live.
    I forgot about that myself even tho it's right there to read. Well that takes care of BPCW once he starts with 1 bar then.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 506 ★★★
    Energy transference says +2 prowess against skill but in-game description says only +1 against skill.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 670 ★★★
    War Machine should be a good counter…SP1 removes prowess’
  • SlapjackSlapjack Posts: 4
    Soo..how will Bishop mini in map6 be dealt with? If someone attempts and get ko, he will constantly be at special3?!
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Slapjack said:

Soo..how will Bishop mini in map6 be dealt with? If someone attempts and get ko, he will constantly be at special3?!

P2099 drains opponent's power when they're at sp3. I think Psycho man does the same too