**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery 2.0 wish list

HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
With mastery 2.0 not getting an overhaul until 2022, that gives us plenty of time to wildly speculate or dream big with what we want to see with the new masteries.

I know the #1 request is the ability to easily swap between setups. While that is nice, it still costs units every time you swap. I propose the following: the ability to unlock additional masteries. For 3000 units (an Odin feels reasonable here), you get an additional mastery setup (I propose 2 total, but a 3rd could be reasonable). The catch? You must use cores to unlock masteries. (Kabam would have to refund all cores spent to date to prevent massive hatred). Yes, it’s more of an investment up front, but then you can freely switch between your setups. Imagine not having to choose between suicide friendly or special spamming champs for a quest. Bring them both and freely and easily toggle suicides on and off. Maybe you have a special deep wounds or MD build. Who knows.

For those that just want free swaps… we all know that won’t happen. With this proposal, kabam still gets their money, and we get our swap. Thoughts?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    First off, that idea would cost like 10k units a setup, so idk if that's better than what we have now

Second, Mastery 2.0 better give us the big head mode mastery. At this point I'll pay 10 carb cores for it
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I don't understand what makes you think mastery pages will not be free.

I spend over 30k units to unlock the best of them (imo). That certainly is enough?

I generally think the progression with mastery is pretty good. Even if super expensive if you want the good stuff.

I would suggest preset mastery pages where you can swap with 1 click.

If you want to let them monetize it then make it like you get 2 pages for free.

And you can buy 1 more if you don't like swapping manualy. That way they can earn some extra but free to play won't be harmed.

It makes no sense to unlock stuff again with cores. Terrible design idea.

Masteries are one of the most outdated things in this game. If they monetize it in a bad way it will be a hit in the face for the community.

In the last months they became a bit better. So I'm mildly optimistic.

Also we could need some new mastery and delete a lot of the useless ones like scouters (I know they were once important for War but that time is hopefully over forever)