**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

State Of The Battlerealm - 6 Months On

RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Ok, so as we are now in July, it felt like an apt point to review our State of the Battlerealm map. We’ve had half of our champs for the year, and a lot more info on Disney+ cross-promotion, plus release dates and hints we didn’t have 6 months ago.

We could get a new one in a few days, I don’t know. It could be tonight. Have to work with what we’ve got.

I’ve filled in, fairly confidently, where I think the champs we’ve gotten so far this year fit, but no guarantees. I’ve also numbered the question marks from top left to bottom right.

First off, let’s review what we know about the months ahead.

July- Confirmed to be Hercules and America Chavez. It’s kind of impossible to work out where they fit in but I’ll try my best

August/September- No real idea, but one of them is very likely to be a mutant month since we have traditionally gotten two of them a year. However, Shang Chi releases in September, and they might want to do something for that. Even if it’s unlikely. So I would bet on August being Mutant Month

October- Usually symbiotes, mashups, ‘creepy’ champs. I’m fairly confident 12 and 13 will fit in here

November- Eternals film. I will very surprised if they don’t do anything for this. I know the MCU calendar has been screwed up for a while, I feel like they’ll have had enough time to prepare for this

December- Spiderman No Way Home. Can almost guarantee it will be a Spidey month. Whether it ties into film characters I don’t know, but we certainly have Spiderverse question marks, and this is the perfect time for them

Without further ado, let’s actually get into the individual question marks

1- There are two main links I can find here. The first is the Squadron Supreme, a ripoff version of Justice League. He has the strongest ties to Nighthawk, so he could fit here. However, I don’t really see how that would play into the overall MCOC calendar. What I think is much more likely, is that there is an Eternal here. Hyperion is an Eternal, we have an Eternals film coming, it fits like a glove. Which specific Eternal is almost impossible to know, but I would be willing to bet on Ikarus, Thena or Sersi

2- Is no idea an ok guess? No? Fine. I reckon this is a Gabeverse champ, we do know he was in the process of designing 3 a few months back. We’ve obviously had Purgatory and Overseer already, so I can see it being placed here. The OC may also fit into 5 or 6, but they are very much wildcard numbers

3- Definitely a Spiderverse champion, and connecting to Miles makes me think it’s going to be one of his close associates. I’m not a comic reader, but some research on the old internets tells me some of his most notable relationships are with Spider-Gwen, classic Spidey, and Spider-Woman. Considering we already have two of those in-game, I’m betting on Spider-Woman here

4- Look, it's connected to Punisher 2099 and is clearly Spiderverse. It feels too obvious but I’m still betting on Spiderman 2099. One thing I will say is that I can see these champs being pushed back in favor of film-related champs. Probably a new MCU suit and a villain from No Way Home

5 and 6- I’m bundling these together because really it could be anyone considering they are off themselves. Might be related to Elsa/G99 but that feels weak. I don’t think there is much more point guessing on these until the next State of the Battlerealm, where I imagine they will be linked up. Could be Gabeverse, we just don’t know To be honest, I’m leaning towards this being Hercules and America Chavez, simply because I don’t really see where else they could fit on here. Might also be Eternals. Anyone’s guess really.

7- Last time I looked at this I was convinced it was a Wandavision tie-in champ. So that was wrong. Could be White Vision, could be Wiccan/Speed. I would not be surprised to see this question mark completely removed next SotB. I feel they had plans for these MCU shows but ended up scrapping them.

8- I’ve heard from lots of people that this is almost definitely Kitty Pryde. These people know more than I do, so I’ll trust their judgment

9- I have a few ideas for this. Firstly, it could be Okoye. We know they intend to add her at some point, no earlier than 2022, and that would fit in our timeframes. Alternatively, I think this could have been our Falcon and the Winter Soldier tie in champ. Might have been Zemo, who was obviously responsible for killing BPCW’s father in Civil War. But we also know Sam’s new suit is from Wakanda, so that is a possible link there, although I feel they may want to save that for Captain America 4. It’s possible we get the Wandavision champ and F&TWS champ in a month together, just to tie things up

10- Two distinct possibilities here. Could be Omega Sentinel for 2022, since she was the runner up. However, knowing we are getting another mutant month with Kitty Pryde this year most likely, Omega Sentinel wouldn’t fit here since they said she wouldn’t be introduced until at least 2022. And there isn’t another mutant question mark. Therefore I’m inclined to say this is Nimrod, a very advanced version of Sentinel.

11- For number 11, the most likely suspect to me is Iron Lad, who we saw in the 6th year anniversary. However, this could also be America Chavez, but that is much weaker as far as I’m concerned.

12 and 13- I know we all want this to be Knull. I want this to be Knull. But I don’t think it’s Knul. There is an alternative placement order here that could see this as Anti-Venom, and 13 as Mr Negative, with the Shang-Chi connection being someone else. One thing is for sure. 12 or 13 is Anti-Venom. Mr Negative’s synergy all but confirms that. It is worth noting that Anti-Venom has interacted with Knull. There is hope yet. It’s the Platinumpool connection that completely throws me off here.

14- It’s Galactus. He’s coming. At some point. Maybe. The guy is taking his damn time.

15- Finally, we have our last question mark. Definitely a herald, who is linked to Silver Surfer. Willing to be it’s Nova (Frankie Raye). That’s the character that makes the most logical sense to me.

And there we have it, my guesses for the remaining question marks. No idea if any of these are remotely correct, and I’ve got no clue when we might see some of these champs. I’m just hoping we get a new one of these soon, I really enjoy them. Feel free to make or amend your own predictions, and definitely correct me where I've gone wrong on comic stuff. It's highly likely I've missed/misconstrued something, but I've done my best.

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Yeah the mcu show of wandavision clues is a weird one for sure as who fits next to classic wanda and vision aou is either wiccan/speed or another vision but could be scrapped as u said or be a clue maybe next year for march and will stay empty will have to see,

with the bp part think gabe confirmed there was 2 bp in the works we had 1 which was jabari so still probs getting the second which im hoping its from warp world where bp goes by ghost panther but maybe shuri as black panther will have to see,

the 2099 spidey i feel is 100% coming due to the link of punisher 2099 as no one else fits there and is part of spiderverse but spidey 2099 but spider woman i like ur guess be interesting to see who is and when gets released.

Im praying its knull as the big square of symbiotes since hes the king of the symbiotes that is pretty much a big bad for them.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    7 - Herrcules
    12/13 - Toxin
    15 - Aunt May

Everything else I agree with
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Yeah the mcu show of wandavision clues is a weird one for sure as who fits next to classic wanda and vision aou is either wiccan/speed or another vision but could be scrapped as u said or be a clue maybe next year for march and will stay empty will have to see,

with the bp part think gabe confirmed there was 2 bp in the works we had 1 which was jabari so still probs getting the second which im hoping its from warp world where bp goes by ghost panther but maybe shuri as black panther will have to see,

the 2099 spidey i feel is 100% coming due to the link of punisher 2099 as no one else fits there and is part of spiderverse but spidey 2099 but spider woman i like ur guess be interesting to see who is and when gets released.

Im praying its knull as the big square of symbiotes since hes the king of the symbiotes that is pretty much a big bad for them.

You know I actually forgot about that BP tweet. That definitely throws the Baron Zemo/ Sam cap theory out the window. I just looked up Ghost Panther. I absolutely need this in the game now.

The larger square certainly does point to it being a more important champ there. I’m hoping against hope it’s Knull. I’m just trying to temper my expectations
  • Options

7 - Herrcules
    12/13 - Toxin
    15 - Aunt May

Everything else I agree with

Toxin is a good shout, although I’m not sure why him or anti-venom would get a larger square

You know, Aunt May is actually an excellent shout for that herald spot. It’s kind of painful they likely put an April fools joke on there in advance but I can believe it.
  • Options
    Number 10 which links with sentinel throws me off on who it could be as theres a few it can be nimrod or master mold but master mold more due to the sentinel link but omega sentinel as u said is a good one but since she lost the vote we probs wont see this year probs next just a very confusing link as gotta link in with the mutant tie in which im almost also certain its kitty pryde since links with the xmen characters like colos storm and wolvie
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,028 ★★★★★
    It’s unlikely, but it’s theoretically possible that the link from Miles could be Prowler. He uses a bunch of tech, so I could see him being tied to Spidey 2099 in theory.

I don’t think this is the case, but I really want it to be. I’d love to get Prowler in here.
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Number 10 which links with sentinel throws me off on who it could be as theres a few it can be nimrod or master mold but master mold more due to the sentinel link but omega sentinel as u said is a good one but since she lost the vote we probs wont see this year probs next just a very confusing link as gotta link in with the mutant tie in which im almost also certain its kitty pryde since links with the xmen characters like colos storm and wolvie

I hadn’t considered Master Mold actually but he could definitely fit there. I would say they might go Nimrod due to him having a more distinct design but we have a bajilllion Iron men so...
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

It’s unlikely, but it’s theoretically possible that the link from Miles could be Prowler. He uses a bunch of tech, so I could see him being tied to Spidey 2099 in theory.

I don’t think this is the case, but I really want it to be. I’d love to get Prowler in here.

Agreed, prowler would be amazing. He was my second choice in there but since it’s basically all heroes in that area I figured it might not be him. I’m more than Ok with being wrong on that though, would love to see him as a champ
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    So looking at August… there is What If…? coming out that month and I know they don’t do Disney+ show tie in champs but looking at the Funko designs…

(Spoiler tagged just in case it’s just a picture of the whole what if Funko wave)

I would kill for some of those.

But not as much as the leaked No Way Home suit

• Options

So looking at August… there is What If…? coming out that month and I know they don’t do Disney+ show tie in champs but looking at the Funko designs…

(Spoiler tagged just in case it’s just a picture of the whole what if Funko wave)

Yeah some of those would be incredible, and I can definitely see the Spidey suit being introduced
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Why do you say they don’t do Disney+ crossovers? Are you just talking about at the same time as the show?

Curious. Cause I’d really like a captain America’s falcon…..
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    For 7 I’m nearly 100% sure it’d be Wiccan. They haven’t introduced QS so I don’t see as to why they’d start with speed (if that makes sense)

For 15 I’m going for fire lord. That human torch to surfer connection is my only reasoning tho.

For the hype connection I REALLY want it but to be doctor spectrum. He’s really cool in the new heroes reborn comic.

That’s all I got for now
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Skiddy212 said:

Why do you say they don’t do Disney+ crossovers? Are you just talking about at the same time as the show?

Curious. Cause I’d really like a captain America’s falcon…..
    Meaning no event after the show and seems no question mark for a new show champs in the state of battlerealm like the only clue we see for a tie in is probs the vision aou and comic wanda version of sw with a questionmark that links to both them but no one has an idea who or if means its for next year than this year