**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2 star champion basic pool

TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
Wondering if the basic champion pool of 2 star champs is updated whenever a new champion is added to the basic pool?

I've never seen any of the newer champions coming from PHCs, for their 2 star rarity. We keep getting the same old champions from PHCs. Or, are they added to the 2 star crystals from arena?

Comments

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    They're not in PHCs, for sure
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

So how can i get them? When champions are added to basic pool, shouldn't all available rarities be added?
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

So how can i get them? When champions are added to basic pool, shouldn't all available rarities be added?
    There's special arenas/events from time to time when special crystals are given out.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    The 2* basic (PHC) pool hasn't been updated since around Guillotine's release. All newer champions are exclusive. Imo, that's a good thing, otherwise getting 2*s to max sig would be impossible.

The basic pool is not the same thing for any 2 rarities. There isn't just one basic pool, there's 6 of them, and only 4 get regular new additions
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    If you want newer champions at 2* rarity, you either need to wait for special collector crystals to come around, buy the cheap Insider deals on Marvel Insider or wait for other special events like the Gwenpool Goes to the Movies event from 2018 when they had special crystals with MCU characters in for the gates that event had.

Given the shift toward GM crystals, you're better off waiting for collector crystals and joining Insider and using your points to buy those deals.