**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bishop hype train

Comments

• Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Is his signature going to change? I haven’t seen the notes, and have a 5* AG I really want to use! Lol
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Is his signature going to change? I haven’t seen the notes, and have a 5* AG I really want to use! Lol

I believe so, yes.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★

@Morpheus_123 here is his new sig. The numbers in the screenshot are based on a sig 200 champ, I believe.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★

There's one reason I can't wait for it and it is quite possibly the single greatest line in buff history:

Punish Debuff Shrugging

Whenever the opponent Shrugs off a Debuff, Bishop will punish them with a burst of damage, careful not to bring Kingpin against Bishop’s new kit!

Will it work for jubari panther?
    They didn't exclude her but with all things Kabam, there's room for interpretation shrug vs cleanse. My gut says when they say Skill champs, they do indeed mean Skill champs and not Skill champs except one lol
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

There's one reason I can't wait for it and it is quite possibly the single greatest line in buff history:

Punish Debuff Shrugging

Whenever the opponent Shrugs off a Debuff, Bishop will punish them with a burst of damage, careful not to bring Kingpin against Bishop’s new kit!

They didn't exclude her but with all things Kabam, there's room for interpretation shrug vs cleanse. My gut says when they say Skill champs, they do indeed mean Skill champs and not Skill champs except one lol
    Shrug and cleanse are two different things though

Cleanse is like tigra’s neutralize of the skill class
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I ranked mine up in the last Level Up event. It certainly helps that I'm both incredibly low on rank-up worthy 6* mutants and have really enjoyed playing with him even before his buff (I just haven't thought him good enough to r2). He seems to still have what I've always liked about him, while now also having a lot of other useful stuff in his kit.

I'm excited!
  • Light7Light7 Posts: 203
    swmcsw said:

Will be nice, hopefully he turns into a beast

We want a buff not a nerf
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★

Punish Debuff Shrugging

Shrug and cleanse are two different things though

Cleanse is like tigra’s neutralize of the skill class
    also true i'm just being hopeful though lol
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    Light7 said:

swmcsw said:

I’m confused, are you saying you expect Bishop to be worse after this update?
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    His buff is good thanks Kabam
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    My soul has not been crushed :smile:
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    He's good. Very suicide friendly. My R1 doesn't do massive damage, but he's also only sig 20. The incinerate on his SP2 is really nice though. Might take him to R3 and pour 80 sigs into him though because I can.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    I know this strat would kind of suck but if you build up to a power threshold and then quit out you get the pre fight bonus without having to finish a whole fight to get whatever bonus you want off specials
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Still plenty of testing to do, but I am gonna just say it: This buff might be “Red Magneto Rework Territory”

Not necessarily the burst damage — I am still testing that. I need more time to assess that

But there’s so much to like about this rework. My gosh. You can play it so many different ways…wow
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Punish Debuff Shrugging

It’s a great mechanic. Basically they took Storm X’s stun shrug counter and jacked it up to 11. I love it.
    It's good - not completely unprecedented, though.

As you say, Storm X counters stun shrugs. Havok does extra damage if his Plasma Feedback debuffs are Purified, and Old Man Logan does it with his Bleed debuffs.

I'm looking forward to trying out Bishop, though: it was always disappointing using him before.

ESF said:

Still plenty of testing to do, but I am gonna just say it: This buff might be “Red Magneto Rework Territory”

Not necessarily the burst damage — I am still testing that. I need more time to assess that

But there’s so much to like about this rework. My gosh. You can play it so many different ways…wow

Ok I like the buff but no lol
    Let me explain why I feel that way: Red Magneto has tremendous DPS now, especially against Metal characters, and Shrapnel Bleeds is amazing. No doubt about that. He already had an Armor Break before.

But what makes his kit next level for how I play is the heal reversal and bleed/shock reduction, so if you run Willpower — which I do — you are actually healing. That kind of utility is what I live for in kits.

Bishop’s revamped Steady Release, with the Incinerate trigger on proximity, is just amazing — it’s like having Mephisto’s Aura of Incineration on demand. You have healing on demand which shuts off you bleeding. Korg and other annoying Skills can’t shrug off Parry — that is freaking amazing. Plus you keep your power at the end of fights?

My gosh.

Again, I know that Red Magneto’s DPS against Metal is unmatched. Tremendous buff.

But man, Bishop is playing like absolute fire right now, in my testing. The DPS, as I said, needs more testing but everything else is fire

@ESF I think you’re entirely missing the fact that Red Mags basically shuts down all metal champs abilities, Bishop having some cool Willpower bonus and Mephisto type damage does not bring him to Red Mags level

I haven’t missed it or forgotten it — again, that’s a tremendous part of the kit, and it’s truly valuable because of how many metal characters there are in the game. I am taking nothing away from what Red Magneto does.

But I think you are diminishing how valuable Incinerate damage can be when it’s on demand like that, because it makes him a combo DPS/DOT fighter. That is tremendous value, to me
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Light7 said:

swmcsw said:

I’m confused, are you saying you expect Bishop to be worse after this update?
    I took it as a jab at the mutant Beast. Lol
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

I am satisfied

I am satisfied

LOL Yep. I had a feeling the burst DPS was gonna get there
  • RJustice_209RJustice_209 Posts: 213 ★★
    https://youtu.be/fOuTyG1kR1o

That's my 6r3 Bishop.

320k sp2 which is high end and 195k sp2 which is the average