**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Petition To Return To The Old Update Method

HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Basically the title, and the reason for that is because 1gb every month is excessive, very very, if this continues it might get in the way of me playing the game, I'm not really sure about others but I'm sure it will be the same for some other summoners.

To be frank the new cumbersome update didn't change anything for me, I still have the AQ and LoL issue, and I won't lie the game lags more now with this new update style, so what is the essence?, another factor for me is that the game takes up more space now, if you check the app's size, it has the traditional 1gb+ size which looks alright, but the thing is the game now has a OBB file(can be seen under android in folder) of 1gb+ in size, in total the game is now about 2gb large.

The last reason is I have been updating the game now for the past 1 hour, it has gotten to 100% but it is stuck and the annoying thing is my network timer which indicates the speed is still reading which indicates it is still consuming data, and I'm not sure if I'm to cancel it or restart but I don't want a scenario where I'll have to start again.

So please kabam I would really love it if we have the old update method back, I really love the game don't make updating the game I love a pain. Thanks.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    yeah 1gb a month is a bit ridiculous
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Holros said:

Basically the title, and the reason for that is because 1gb every month is excessive, very very, if this continues it might get in the way of me playing the game, I'm not really sure about others but I'm sure it will be the same for some other summoners.

To be frank the new cumbersome update didn't change anything for me, I still have the AQ and LoL issue, and I won't lie the game lags more now with this new update style, so what is the essence?, another factor for me is that the game takes up more space now, if you check the app's size, it has the traditional 1gb+ size which looks alright, but the thing is the game now has a OBB file(can be seen under android in folder) of 1gb+ in size, in total the game is now about 2gb large.

The last reason is I have been updating the game now for the past 1 hour, it has gotten to 100% but it is stuck and the annoying thing is my network timer which indicates the speed is still reading which indicates it is still consuming data, and I'm not sure if I'm to cancel it or restart but I don't want a scenario where I'll have to start again.

So please kabam I would really love it if we have the old update method back, I really love the game don't make updating the game I love a pain. Thanks.

It’ll be even more a pain playing the game you love with so many bugs you gain the thoughts of quitting. It is what it is
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★

Holros said:

It’ll be even more a pain playing the game you love with so many bugs you gain the thoughts of quitting. It is what it is
    To be sincere I don't notice any difference, the game lags more with this update style, so what's your point?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Do people actually consider a monthly 1gb update excessive?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Depends on where you live. For countries with data restrictions and the like, 1gb is a lot of data.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I agree.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    I thought the same amount of data was installed but it was just that a small part was installed from the app store and the rest came when you logged in for the first time?

I can't imagine how they could make it so that the updates are larger overall - the same amount of data (new character info, models etc) surely is given more-or-less the same amount every month...
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

I thought the same amount of data was installed but it was just that a small part was installed from the app store and the rest came when you logged in for the first time?

I can't imagine how they could make it so that the updates are larger overall - the same amount of data (new character info, models etc) surely is given more-or-less the same amount every month...

Yep exactly.

What people aren't considering right now is that the old method, you would download 300-400mb from whichever App store, then download a further 300mb during the first time you load up the new update.

Today's update from Google Play for me was just over 700mbs. This is in line with how much it was with the old method, but actually made the whole process much faster for me to get into the game since the installation process is done once and not in two parts.
    Also - am I wrong in thinking but 700mb of data doesn't mean the game file gets 700mb larger every month, right? If that were the case I can't imagine just how big the game would be after all of these years - that's like 8GB per year and we've had 6!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Also - am I wrong in thinking but 700mb of data doesn't mean the game file gets 700mb larger every month, right? If that were the case I can't imagine just how big the game would be after all of these years - that's like 8GB per year and we've had 6!

The game will grow some in size but you're essentially re-installing the game every time. Overwriting the current version.
    Holros said:

Holros said:

To be sincere I don't notice any difference, the game lags more with this update style, so what's your point?
    Lag can't come from how a game is downloaded. Lag comes from several things like device and connection. If you have a older phone, you are probably going to experience more and more lag as the game continues to evolve, your phone keeps the same specs. If you're connection to WiFi is bad or you have a lot of people on the WiFI and it's unstable from that, you'll experience lag.

Lag shouldn't ever come from how a game is installed.

Holros said:

Holros said:

Lag can't come from how a game is downloaded. Lag comes from several things like device and connection. If you have a older phone, you are probably going to experience more and more lag as the game continues to evolve, your phone keeps the same specs. If you're connection to WiFi is bad or you have a lot of people on the WiFI and it's unstable from that, you'll experience lag.

Lag shouldn't ever come from how a game is installed.
    For you a-hole disagree spammers, what's to disagree with what I said?
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

Apparently this month was the first of this type of updating the game and many of us had to face the input drops for more than half the month so it has nothing to do with bug fixes...
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

For you a-hole disagree spammers, what's to disagree with what I said?

I think its more related to them not liking you based on your always opposing opinions. Even if you say that there are 24 hrs in a day even than people will disagree with you.

• Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    What's the need of larger updates when we still have bugs, even with the 1gb update, parry still got bugged and who knows what else. Kabam not everybody plays the game on WIFI, data is very expensive for us who's not living in Europe or America. The money to buy 1gb data is enough to shop for groceries in my country. pls change the update to how they used to be.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Wait till they hear about the CoD updates...

What's the need of larger updates when we still have bugs, even with the 1gb update, parry still got bugged and who knows what else. Kabam not everybody plays the game on WIFI, data is very expensive for us who's not living in Europe or America. The money to buy 1gb data is enough to shop for groceries in my country. pls change the update to how they used to be.

But you used to update the same amount!!!!

Do you think that the small data used by downloading the package from the app store was the only data used? When you used to update from the app store, you logged into the app the first time you had a progress bar where it was downloading the other stuff too. That also came from the Internet!!!

The amount of data that MCOC requires each month has not spiked up just because all of it is coming from one download now. You ALWAYS had to download that much!!!! It was just done in 2 parts before.