**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Heavy Attack range

Heavy attacks are hitting even though I am standing at safe distance. While the AI was charging, I evaded back 1 step, ready to hit back and should have easily avoided his heavy attack. But when he released, the hit range expanded and I got hit. This has started happening since yesterday, together with Special Attack not activating after a successful 5 hit combo.

My mood & day gets ruined when such things happen, which didn't use to happen earlier. How can things which used to work fine suddenly break.

Comments

• Options
    Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    edited October 2017
    You mean like this? Ya, I posted this in a thread 3 months ago and it was never even acknowledged. There are several threads on it actually and all unacknowledged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CggDmSrs3E
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    This was changed a while back. The AI can move forward during heavy attacks or specials depending on how far away you are. We can’t do it, of course, but the AI can. It’s another unfair advantage they gave the AI to make the game more challenging, but it makes it more annoying and random.
  • Options
    This was changed a while back. The AI can move forward during heavy attacks or specials depending on how far away you are. We can’t do it, of course, but the AI can. It’s another unfair advantage they gave the AI to make the game more challenging, but it makes it more annoying and random.

"We can do everything the AI can do" is the mandate KABAM is supposed to be following so saying "ya they changed it" is letting them off the hook and not holding them accountable for this garbage. It needs to be fixed. PERIOD.
  • Options
    wolfwolf Posts: 106
    And it is worse when the opponent has a heavy attack that is already long, like Hyperion
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Yep kabam will never admit to it but yeah they cheat.getting heavied from across the screen.
    Didn't help they also cut evade distance in half.
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Tman0971 wrote: »
    "We can do everything the AI can do" is the mandate KABAM is supposed to be following so saying "ya they changed it" is letting them off the hook and not holding them accountable for this garbage. It needs to be fixed. PERIOD.

I’m not letting them off the hook for anything. I have called out every bug or unfair AI mechanic I’ve seen. But nothing has been done about it.

Don’t get me wrong. I want the game to be challenging. But challenges because the AI has an unfair advantage, like these dashes or the super fast recovery we don’t get, are not the right kind of difficulty that makes the game more fun. The right kind of difficulty makes the game challenging, but you get a rewarding feeling when you learn how to do it right, not “oh, yay, the RNG worked in my favor.”

I think a good example is Ghost Rider. Stacking up his Judgements in the right way takes some skill and decision making in the heat of battle. I would like to see more of that instead of these advantages that take no skill. So many of the new champs lately seem to have things like crazy power gain, immunity to almost everything, and other boosts that don’t require any skill.

It’s all part of the same design problem with this game. There is too much reliance on randomness and AI advantages.
  • Options
    @SomeoneElse ya bro didn't mean to accuse you of letting them off the hook, just a general statement that's it's still NOT OK which you get. All good.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Happens on both sides and it has been confirmed by Kabam that the game engine does increase the range a little bit when the opponent is only a little out of range.

So, intended mechanic.

a little bit? Still doesn't acknowledge the fact that WE can't do it which AGAIN, goes against their own policy. Show me where they said this was an intended mechanic please.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    You mean like this? Ya, I posted this in a thread 3 months ago and it was never even acknowledged. There are several threads on it actually and all unacknowledged.

Does video need to be 40 seconds long to show a 10 second issue in slow motion? And why do instant replay when we can rewind; that's just for live TV. Just nitpicking, but definitely buggy
  • Options
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Does video need to be 40 seconds long to show a 10 second issue in slow motion? And why do instant replay when we can rewind; that's just for live TV. Just nitpicking, but definitely buggy

Because I'm completely anal. And because if I DON'T show everything there's always some ass hat that says, why didn't you show the whole thing? And in fact, that's exactly what happened when I first posted it.