**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Black Widow Discussion Thread - SPOILERS!

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
What did everyone think of the movie? Please use a spoiler tag for respect for anyone who hasn’t seen the movie and accidentally stumbles upon the thread.
I thought that it was good, but not as good as other original movies in the MCU. I thought taskmaster was pretty wasted, but they really opened the door for a movie with her and the other widows. I bet the crew has a laugh when they saw that Stranger Things ends with David Harbour in a Russian prison, then he first appears in Black Widow in a Russian prison. Post-credits scene was good, I’m assuming that they go more into detail for Hawkeye’s show. Also, Jerry needs to come get Elaine.

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,131 ★★★★★
    I really enjoyed this movie a lot been so long since a movie and felt great to get back into the movies after a year delay
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    It was ok
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i feel meh, like it is a good movie overall IMO. But I find it so much less then what it could be. I didn't even go in with any expectations, just that while watching I realised how it could be better. My main issue, and I think this issue is stopping me from liking the movie: Taskmaster is COMPLETELY wasted. What a dishonor to such a great character from the comics.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Kind of annoying that taskmaster was a female
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I actually really enjoyed it. Much more than I expected to. The credits at the beginning with the smells like teen spirit cover gave me chills.

I enjoyed all the new characters, especially Yelena and I’m excited to see where she goes from here. Obviously a fair number of people are annoyed by the Taskmaster twist. Honestly didn’t bother me, but I have 0 personal stake in character.

It really does feel like it should have come out after civil war though.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Saw it yesterday. Was enjoyable, fun, 7/10. Predictable as heck, and those opening credits were *chefs kiss* marvelous
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    Wasn’t a huge fan tbh.

The entire first half of the movie was just exposition dumps interrupted by jarring action scene after action scene - and although some of these were necessitated by the plot, others felt pointless and drawn out. I mean, why do I need to watch Natasha and her little sister beat the living daylights out of each other for no reason?

Anyways, so much time was spent on things like this that their actual mission felt like just another set of action sequences tacked on at the end rather than the main event.

I guess it’s still a decent movie, but I think I’ve been spoiled by some of the shows they’ve been putting out. WandaVision and Loki are so good that this felt really lackluster in comparison
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    I personally enjoyed the film. Being part Russian gave me a sort of connection to the characters, mainly Red Guardian as he reminds me of my dad in some parts. I liked how they made Taskmaster threatening before the final act. I don't care that she is female, I just don't like how they practically nerfed her in the final bit and how they decided to put her out of commission by making her "good". Maybe we could get another Taskmaster, a Tony Masters this time, one that is a consistent threat in the MCU. If they don't then I'd say that this was a waste of a good Taskmaster.
  • Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 ★★
    I enjoyed BW, but it was the lack of character for Taskmaster that bothered me more than
    the gender swap. If she were a ruthless merc who takes hit contracts, I’d have no issue.

It’s the idea of the fighting mimicry being programmed or mind controlled that’s dumb.

Otherwise, the action is gripping and it has amazing, globe-spanning cinematography. Florence Pugh plays Yelena as very multi-faceted, and David Harbour is a blast as Red Guardian.

If you liked Winter Soldier, you’ll enjoy BW.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I loved it
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    8.5/10
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Warlockjr said:

8.5/10

why