**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bishop SP3 Buff Ability Nerfed????

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
So I was doing my usual post buff awesome sauce planning with Bishop in AQ and finished a fight with an SP3 so I could easily take care of the Killmonger next with the SP3 at the start like I did when the buff went live. HOWEVER it did NOT work. I go into another fight thinking it was a glitch .. ended it with an SP3 and nope .. started with ZERO power. Tried an SP2 ender and yep that one still works but you can no longer end a fight with an SP3 and start the next fight with an SP3.

Did I miss a nerf of Bishop already??? It's funny that this happened because I totally called it before this went live .. below you'll see my conversations about it as well as the NEW ability description for Bishop now pointing out that only the SP1 and SP2 have persistent carry over smh.

So please tell me I missed the announcement that Bishop's abilities were going to be modified/nerfed from what was possible mere days ago??? I know it's probably just me because I don't read every bit of news so could someone link me to where an explanation was given about the adjustment to Bishop???

Comments

• Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I think maybe they didn't intend for the SP3 to carry over once it's used. Looking at his spotlight it states the following:

Persistent Power Meter:

Bishop’s mastery over energy and time enables him to enter a fight with 100% of the Power he finished his previous fight in the same Quest with.
    Bishop’s Special Attacks cost no Power when activated. Instead, after the Special ends, Bishop immediately loses however many Bars of Power that special would have cost

That would lead me to believe that the SP3 would carry over if the fight was ended with an SP3 attack, but then the dev note makes it pretty confusing:

Dev Note: Bishop’s Special Attacks not costing power anymore means that if you finish a fight with a big Special 2 or Special 1, you’ll carry that power over to the next fight!

Super confusing when the dev note doesn't include the special 3. It doesn't help that in the spotlight thread they were directly asked to clarify about the special 3 and we got no official response.

Maybe this is them clarifying the situation and they never wanted the SP3 to carry over if used to end a fight?
  • Options

I think maybe they didn't intend for the SP3 to carry over once it's used. Looking at his spotlight it states the following:

Persistent Power Meter:

Bishop’s mastery over energy and time enables him to enter a fight with 100% of the Power he finished his previous fight in the same Quest with.
    Bishop’s Special Attacks cost no Power when activated. Instead, after the Special ends, Bishop immediately loses however many Bars of Power that special would have cost

That would lead me to believe that the SP3 would carry over if the fight was ended with an SP3 attack, but then the dev note makes it pretty confusing:

Dev Note: Bishop’s Special Attacks not costing power anymore means that if you finish a fight with a big Special 2 or Special 1, you’ll carry that power over to the next fight!

Super confusing when the dev note doesn't include the special 3. It doesn't help that in the spotlight thread they were directly asked to clarify about the special 3 and we got no official response.

Maybe this is them clarifying the situation and they never wanted the SP3 to carry over if used to end a fight?

I suspect so but it's still just a bad taste because people make resource decisions based on how a champ performs post buff and then to silently take away a pretty major benefit of the champ is less than warm fuzzies ya know.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Seems like an oversight by them or maybe intentional. Who knows.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

I really didn't expect this non-sense from you. You've been around here long enough to know Kabam hasn't ever silently ever nerfed a champion. Any intentional changes come with announcements.

Blade….
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Imagine if diablo was a war boss the way you wanted his abilities. He throws one sp3 and he’s basically unkillable. I’m guessing the spotlight was unintentionally vague and they didn’t want the sp3 to be a part of it
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Imagine if diablo was a war boss the way you wanted his abilities. He throws one sp3 and he’s basically unkillable. I’m guessing the spotlight was unintentionally vague and they didn’t want the sp3 to be a part of it

Diablo?
  • Options

I really didn't expect this non-sense from you. You've been around here long enough to know Kabam hasn't ever silently ever nerfed a champion. Any intentional changes come with announcements.

Blade….
    Blade wasn't silently nerfed nor changed.
    Kabam were adding less villain tags to champs who were clearly villains, such as the black order.
    A nerf is when they tone down a characters abilities or damage which they never did to blade.
    Affects his danger sense if there are less villains. Invaders that slaughter people over a stone are clearly villains but maybe thats just me. Not an issue now however.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Diablo?

Crcrcrc said:

ah yes, diablo
    Sorry I was just testing them both and got the names mixed up lol
  • Options
    So basically Bishop is the only champ where it's not ideal to end a fight with an SP3. this changes the quest dynamics and strategy altogether. Do I end the fight and risk going into the next fight with no power or do I find a way to kill them with basic attacks to save my SP3 ... or do I just forget SP3 exists and use only SP2 and SP1 to guarantee an advantage next match??

Now I have to question the use of SP3 altogether .. adjustments have to be made now ... maybe this is an AQ answer too??
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★

Persistent Power Meter:

You have the same gamer tag as my friend does in other games I wonder if you’re him lol
  • Options

Blade….
    Blade wasn't silently nerfed nor changed.
    Kabam were adding less villain tags to champs who were clearly villains, such as the black order.
    A nerf is when they tone down a characters abilities or damage which they never did to blade.
    Affects his danger sense if there are less villains. Invaders that slaughter people over a stone are clearly villains but maybe thats just me. Not an issue now however.
    Ok and they didn't change the ability. They added characters he couldn't use it against so still not a nerf.
    Think we are talking about a different nerf here. Nothing with blade changed. The silent nerf is within champions being added, at the time atleast. Similar to all these incinerate/shock immune cosmics being added making it annoying for doom players, they weren’t adding the villain tag to the black order when they were being added, though they were clearly villains. You mistake me for saying anything has changed with blades danger sense, im saying they decreased it’s availability at that time. Doesn’t really matter now though.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    The way I see it, the SP2 is the main damage dealer anyway. If you want to end the fight with an SP, that's the one to go for. There is no real reason to end a fight on an SP3 since it mostly just makes the opponent more vulnerable to your other attacks. You are better off using an SP2 before reaching an SP3 and carry over that power.

However, you can also choose to not end the fight with a special attack and start the next fight by placing a permanent energy vulnerability debuff on the opponent. That will help enhance your other special attacks, that you should focus on, throughout the fight. By saving up to an SP3 and not ending the fight with it, you can ensure that you play every fight in a quest with a permanent energy vulnerability on the opponent. Pretty insane.

That feels like a fair way of doing things to ensure that he's not a complete nightmare defender to face off against. I do *not* want to fight a Bishop who can enter a permanent SP3 killcycle if I die.