**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Backdraft intercepts. Core mechanics broken?

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
I'm a seasoned war player and just a few min ago I fought vs a Nick who went unblockable.

Obviously you have to go for some kinda of intercept to find your openings.

When I did a MLL combo(only 2 L to not push him to SP1) I backdrafted (dash back and dash back in) he immediately dashed in and killed me.

I use backdrafts on a regular basis in all endgame content and I never encountered this. Is this known? Is it normal? Is it an AI change?

Obviously I didn't recorded any of this gameplay so you just have to take my word for it that I know what a backdraft is and that I wasn't too slow or something.

Ps: it was the rage node on mini boss Island

Comments

• Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    It doesn't always work lol
    If they dash to you intercept with a light
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

Backdraft intercepts with a medium is not safe. It works often but you are exposed to this kind of thing. You have to use light.

I don't mean I got intercepted with a L.

He dashed into me before I could dash into him. I know that they can sidestep me or L intercept me. But that was not the point here
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

Surprised that you never encountered this in endgame content. Enemy can punish you when backdrafting with a medium. Use lights.

I guess I was lucky then or had selected memories. I always thought they can't be faster than you with a M dash when you do a short combo.

But why do backdraft intercepts with mediums always work vs super agressive AI? Shouldn't they be faster than me?

Examples of that were Gauntlet Terrax, Gwenmaster, Gamemaster and the Collector.

I never had any problems vs them and I probably backdrafted them like 1.000 times with Ms.

Again I know dashback M is not safe bc ofc sidesteps or L intercepts but I never thought can faster dash in than me
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

xLunatiXx said:

Backdraft intercepts with a medium is not safe. It works often but you are exposed to this kind of thing. You have to use light.

He dashed into me before I could dash into him. I know that they can sidestep me or L intercept me. But that was not the point here
    I had this a few times in aq, even when backdrafting with a light
  • Options
    Yeah I should probably start using L intercepts more too. I wasn't the biggest fan of them till now.

I often wiffed 2 L attacks and then they smacked me 😅

Need more experience with them I guess.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,138 ★★★★
    If you whiff 2 lights I suggest not spamming your screen lol
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Nick medium is very fast I’m noticing that in the EQ. Like he received speeding abilities. And it’s backdraft itersup there’s problems it the speed of he before you can move there’s is a delay that’s why you’re dexterity sometimes failed to.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    It’s the AI recovery time. Happens sometimes
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

That is the crux of the current bug that is going on : the AI dashes are too fast .. and that is what you have described ... this is why we are missing parries and our dexes are late

If that is the case then I'm glad. That would mean it is a bug and I'm not crazy :D

Hope it will get fixed then. Thx for the info 👍🏻
  • Options
    mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    Seraphion said:

xLunatiXx said:

I know exactly what you are talking about, I also experience this, and this is a "new thing", and it has nothing to do with you at all.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Back draft intercept with light is way safer than same with medium
    Light attacks are very fast and in case you mess up you have enough time to save yourself but in medium it's not.
    It's possible but no guaranteed safety
  • Options
    mortenhy said:

Seraphion said:

xLunatiXx said:

I know exactly what you are talking about, I also experience this, and this is a "new thing", and it has nothing to do with you at all.
    Let's hope it is just a bug that comes with this broken parry stuff. Otherwise it wouldn't be cool.
  • Options
    Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    This has been broken a while now, somehow everyone forgot about it. Kabam must have brainwash powers 👀
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

This has been broken a while now, somehow everyone forgot about it. Kabam must have brainwash powers 👀

the only thing that's broken is your understanding of intercepts
  • Options

Oh yeah? Then enlighten me, what don’t I understand.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

if you do a 3 hit combo, then dash back, then try and intercept with a medium, it does not always work. if you do a 3 hit combo, then dash back, then try and intercept with a light, it works more often.
  • Options

if you do a 3 hit combo, then dash back, then try and intercept with a medium, it does not always work. if you do a 3 hit combo, then dash back, then try and intercept with a light, it works more often.
    It don’t always works but it use to always work or at the very least you would hit their block so how is it I don’t understand lol. It seems you were not around back when it did. AI/champ animation speed has changed dramatically over the years, this current parry “bug” is no different.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

You are right this M dashback intercept doesn't always work. But the key point is what is the reason it failed?

Did they L intercept you or sidestep and then punish you? That is fine.

BUT if they dash at you faster than you can react with your M THEN it is not normal (after a short combo)

This is new and probably 1 of the side effects from the parry-bug stuff.

@TheBair123