**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question regarding the summer canteen event.

Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
So I took a break from the game and the forums for a while and Im slowly getting back into things. (However seems like I returned in an awkward time with all these confusing events 😭)

Anyways I've got the gist down however as a f2p I know that the rewards for the event are somewhat limited for players like me.

The question is, to get the most out of the rewards as f2p what rewards should I spend my tokens on and how much of an item should I buy. (I know we have a limit of 14 or something along those lines)

Feel free the enlighten me below!

Comments

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    wait until the end. gather your available 14 tokens and it'll be easier to see what to buy in order to get what you desire the most. you'll have plenty of time between getting the last token and the end of the event.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★

wait until the end. gather your available 14 tokens and it'll be easier to see what to buy in order to get what you desire the most. you'll have plenty of time between getting the last token and the end of the event.

What I really want is the awakening gem however I see we have to spend tokens to unlock more rewards correct?
    Will I then still be able to achieve the AG?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Unio77 said:

What I really want is the awakening gem however I see we have to spend tokens to unlock more rewards correct?
    Will I then still be able to achieve the AG?
    If you are free to play, and you do the daily objectives (and collect them, as they do not reset unless you collect them), you will get enough tokens from the milestones in the solo event to buy one each of the first fourteen items in the store. That takes you to the 5* AG crystal.

The simple rule for spending in the Canteen store is: buy exactly one of each item. The tokens you get will be just the right ones to allow you to buy one of each item, up to fourteen if you are free to play, up to all twenty eight if you bought the resort pass.

The one caveat is: if an item is progress-locked and you can't buy it, buy another one of the items you can still buy (it will be one of the first four because they have large buying limits) with that token, then move past the progress locked item and keep going forward.

If you like graphics, Cat has posted her infographic guide here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/273196/summ-on-er-event-infographics-camp-resort-milestones-canteen-store-and-free-vs-paid-options
  • Options
    MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★

• Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    You have to buy 1 of each to be able to purchase the next set

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because that's what I've been doing 😅
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Qfury said:

You have to buy 1 of each to be able to purchase the next set

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because that's what I've been doing 😅

That's correct. The store is intended to function like a rewards punch card. We're supposed to punch each spot once and go from the first one to the last one.

The added complexity comes from the fact that some spots are progress locked, so some players can't punch that item. That's why the first four items have more than one limit: so lower tier players can still get rewards for their tokens even if an item is locked from them, and also so they can continue progressing forward in the "punch card" without getting stalled.
  • Options
    CamwulfCamwulf Posts: 7 ★
    You will be short. I’m missing one token. I think it’s because the canteen didn’t show the next available as unlocked in order to progress. Hence I can’t get last two. Even saved what I needed for 5-star awakening gem … just not the one before it. Very disappointed.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Camwulf said:

You will be short. I’m missing one token. I think it’s because the canteen didn’t show the next available as unlocked in order to progress. Hence I can’t get last two. Even saved what I needed for 5-star awakening gem … just not the one before it. Very disappointed.

This post was a while ago lol
  • Options
    CamwulfCamwulf Posts: 7 ★
    In fact, just checked. I have two yellow token pieces left, but no green champion tokens. This sucks
  • Options
    Camwulf said:

What progression are you ? Cav ? Uncollected ? Or below ?
    And did you buy 2 of any of the first set of items ?
  • Options
    Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    edited August 2021
    Buy One of each and move on to the next. Max you should be able to reach till ag crystal.