**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.2 Class Gates should be changed

Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I know I am gonna get some people telling me to just git gud and stop complaining but hear me out. The requirements of the 6.2 class Gates should be changed. I am fine with it requiring certain classes of champions. It is annoying but not ridiculous. What I think should be changed is that it shouldn’t restrict you to just 5* champions of that certain class.

5* champions are being phased out of the game so I don’t think it makes sense for Kabam to keep a piece of content that requires you to rank up champions that won’t have much use in other places of the game especially since you need to rank up a LOT of 5 stars to explore 6.2

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    5* were designed to complete act 6, they are still just as good to complete act 6. They’re not being phased out of the game, and that’s especially true if you’re doing act 6.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

5* were designed to complete act 6, they are still just as good to complete act 6. They’re not being phased out of the game, and that’s especially true if you’re doing act 6.

I’m talking more about act 6 exploration not completion. Act 6 is still considered to be one of the harder pieces of content in the game to explore and a lot of people that are at the point where they want to explore it don’t really want to rank up many more 5 stars
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    If people in the past did it, I can too. We've already got a nerf on that entire chapter, no need to remove gates.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

If people in the past did it, I can too. We've already got a nerf on that entire chapter, no need to remove gates.

I’m not saying remove the gates I’m saying make it so you both 5 and 6* champions count towards the class gates. It is perfectly doable but it feels unnecessary to force people to rank up 5* champions for the content
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    If you don't have enough 5*s to pass through the gates, it sounds like you've pushed through too quickly to 6*s. Are there any gates that require more than 4 5*s of any particular class? How is that a problem? If nothing else, just pick two of your 6* champs to clear the content, then use four 5*s for synergy purposes or something. But it shouldn't be too hard to bring four class-specific 5*s of a decent level if you're at a point where you feel that 5*s are being "phased out".

Or go and explore the variants, there are a ton of 5*-specific rank-up resources there.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I’m talking more about act 6 exploration not completion. Act 6 is still considered to be one of the harder pieces of content in the game to explore and a lot of people that are at the point where they want to explore it don’t really want to rank up many more 5 stars
    I meant more like do act 6 content, not complete as in the game sense of complete. Should have been clearer, but my point still stands. Act 6 was designed to be done by 5*, whether that’s completion or exploration.