**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Beating rol wolverine

So I’m trying to beat rol and have almost done it but always lose to wolverine. So I need advice for which champion to use against him.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Post your roster, it’s pointless us listing champs that you don’t have
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Though I have not updated it for a while, do check out this link.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/145111/new-champs-taking-out-rol-wolverine
  • BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    Any magneto will do if you have him. Im assuming if you are having trouble beating him you are still rocking 4 stars for the most part. The old school ways back in my day were star lord to out damage him or use yondu or guillotine.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    If you have any champion who can heal block/reverse, use them. If you have the despair mastery unlocked, use a champion who can stack up a ton of debuffs. If you have a strong mystic champ, you might be able to constantly just nullify his regen buffs.

If all else fails, you can try to just out-damage his regen if you have someone like Aegon or Guillotine 2099 (who can also place a Spectre debuff with her SP2, reversing his healing somewhat).

But as @Lvernon15 said, it's difficult to give specific advice without knowing which champs you have at your disposal.
  • BrahasolBrahasol Posts: 12
    edited July 2021
    the whole roster or specific champs for wolverine?
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Brahasol said:

the whole roster or specific champs for wolverine?

You can take a screen shot of your top champs and we can tell you who to use. Mags is an easy choice if you have him and will help you pretty much every part of the game also.

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    If your cap IW is max sig/high sig, bring him and a tech champ with him and just parry wolverine. That will place petrify debuffs on him and will reverse his healing.

Not sure if you have a guillotine at any rarity cause she can do it even as a 2 star. Just get to that sp2 and it will reverse the healing.
    I have both as a 4 star but only cap iw at max sig and level. Guess I’ll rank up guillotine
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    DRTO said:

If your cap IW is max sig/high sig, bring him and a tech champ with him and just parry wolverine. That will place petrify debuffs on him and will reverse his healing.

Not sure if you have a guillotine at any rarity cause she can do it even as a 2 star. Just get to that sp2 and it will reverse the healing.

I agree with this. Capiw with a tech to reverse the healing should be fine. Symbiote Supreme also can work since he will remove the regens but it's alittle RGN based. If you have any points in Despair than Medusa can also work once you keep up her armor shatter all fight, you will build bleeds that are permanent with her armor shatter to block healing.

CapIW seems to be the smarter choice. He could finish the fight in a very short time.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Also to note, you don’t need to rank up Guillotine. I did it with a maxed 3* for my completion run years ago. Took about 50 seconds
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    My 4 star guillotine did it easy. Once you unleash the Sp2 he kills himself practically.
    Ok thanks for the help
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Brahasol said:

Ok thanks for the help

If cap iw doesn't work, mysterio will be a long but reliable solo. Build up gas charges, then MLLLL combos to keep that hb up and don't throw specials.
  • AntzRodzAntzRodz Posts: 255 ★★
    Use Doom parry heavy to stagger opponents.. this will nulfiy his regeneration on activation else make sure u keep ur SPL 1 ready to throw whenever regeneration start's.. it will nulify it immediately..
  • The_Big_ManThe_Big_Man Posts: 43
    All you need to beat ROL wolverine is a champ that can outdamage him. If that is seeming hard, then I suggest bringing a champ that can heal block/reverse. Examples such as: Magneto (works great), Guill99 (built up, and sp2 does heal reverse), and anyone else who does heal block/reverse (I'm too lazy to list anymore, lol)...
  • The_Big_ManThe_Big_Man Posts: 43