Champion Spotlight - King Groot (2021 Update)
About King Groot
Rising from under the canopy of a mysterious alien forest, Groot, the invincible master of plants and King of Planet X conquers all! This savage and ferocious monster from a parallel universe never met Rocket or joined the Guardians, instead becoming a galactic warlord and experimenting on captured humans. But now, the ruthless King’s mission has been interrupted by the Collector, and he has set his sights on a new goal: hoarding all of the abundant treasure and power The Contest has to offer!
King Groot's Mechanics
King Groot’s human experiments have uncovered new techniques for the master of plants to utilize in his quest for power. In addition to his Immunity to Bleed, the King of Planet X’s thirst for power can no longer be quashed, and he is immune to Power Drain and Power Burn effects. His Malice now grows more intense as the battle wears on, granting additional potency to his Fury Buffs and, with his Signature Ability unlocked, longer Poison duration. Experimentation into the effects of Poison have also granted him new abilities; his Heavy attack now prolongs Poison and Armor Break Debuffs on the opponent, and his noxious Special 2 breath now deals direct damage on top of its poisonous effects. His devastating Special 1 now deals lasting effects to his opponent’s Armor, chipping away with each Armor Break Debuff until there is nothing left to break.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||51456||2151||13380|
Character Class: Cosmic
Basic Abilities: Fury, Armor Break, Poison, Regeneration
- Long Fights:
- King Groot enjoys long battles that allow him to ramp up his Malice effects as time wears on
- Armored Opponents
- Tech and other opponents that rely on Armor Up buffs will quickly find their armor in tatters with King Groot’s devastating Special 1 Armor Breaks
- Mystic Champions
- King Groot is heavily reliant on his Fury buffs to deal damage, which can be easily handled by Nullify and other Mystic tricks
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Unique physiology grants Immunity to Bleed, Power Drain and Power Burn effects.
Personal Fury Buffs
- Unless otherwise stated, King Groot’s Fury Buffs each provide +501 Attack Rating and last 13 seconds.
- Whenever King Groot receives a Debuff, he will spend 1 personal Fury Buff after 0.5 seconds to Purify that Debuff.
Malice - Passive:
- King Groot starts the fight with a Malice Passive, which grants 3 Fury Buffs each time it activates. Malice lasts as long as King Groot has at least 1 Personal Fury Buff remaining.
- While Malice is active: Gain up to +100% Fury Buff Potency based on how long the fight has gone on. Max Bonus after 100 seconds.
- When Malice ends, it goes on Cooldown for 13 seconds.
While Malice is on Cooldown - Passive:
- Any attack from either Champion has a 20% chance to grant 1 Fury Charge. When Cooldown ends, gain 1 Fury Buff for each Charge acquired and re-enter Malice.
- Each time King Groot’s attack is Evaded, Auto-Blocked, or Misses gain 2 Fury Charges. Cooldown 3 seconds.
- Pause all Poison and Armor Break Debuffs on the opponent for 3 seconds.
- Malice: Spend 1 Fury Buff to instead Pause for 6 seconds.
| Special Attack 1 - Floral Ferocity
| Special 2 - Internal Toxicity
| Special 3 - Savagery Unleashed
| Signature Ability - Unyielding Might
Giant Monstrosities: - Unique - Venom the Duck, Mojo, Abomination (Immortal), Mole Man
- King Groot: +35% Poison and Armor Break Debuff duration
- Size XL Champions: +4% Health and Attack Rating
Contemptuous Malice - Unique - with Crossbones
- King Groot: While fighting #Hero Champions, Malice grants an additional Fury Buff and the chance to gain Fury Charges during Cooldown is increased by a flat +10%.
- Crossbones: [Contempt] Start the fight with 2 Fury Buff(s).
Friends Lv. 3 - with Abomination
- All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating
Enemies Lv. 3 - with Hulk, Hulk (Immortal)
- All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating
Nemesis Lv. 3- with Groot
- All Champions gain +6% Attack
- Further increase the potency of King Groot’s Fury buffs to maximize his offensive capability
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on