**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry dex beta

Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
I got invited to the parry and dex beta I downloaded it and there’s nothing changed about the game is it like normal betas or something different?

Comments

• Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★
    edited July 2021
    I think I’m just doing something wrong but idk
    I think I also posted this in the wrong category but idk if I can or how to change it
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    Betas are just like the actual game except nothing effects your live account. Most features will be the same in the beta.
    How do I get into the beta though?
    After downloading it doesn’t seem like there’s any difference or something to go into the beta
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Take a screenshot of your screen when you enter the game
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,064 ★★★★★
    parry and dex are supposed to be functioning better. for me, they certainly are MUCH improved from the general game. i left my beta feedback already. you're supposed to just try parry and dex out now that you have the beta version installed.

Nothing different happens it just loads into the game normally and from every beta I’ve seen there’s green text on the top left saying whatever beta it is and that’s not there
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited July 2021

Nothing different happens it just loads into the game normally and from every beta I’ve seen there’s green text on the top left saying whatever beta it is and that’s not there
    There should be a yellow tab in the top left corner of the home screen.

Nothing there
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Now I just need to figure out how to leave the Beta. Smh.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Pulyaman said:

Now I just need to figure out how to leave the Beta. Smh.

I think you need to delete the game client and download it again from the normal App Store. The beta overwrites the game client with the patched beta client, and to go back to the live client you have to reinstall the normal client again.

If there's another way to do it, I'm unaware of it at the moment.
    Oh thanks
    DNA3000 said:

I got invited to the parry and dex beta I downloaded it and there’s nothing changed about the game is it like normal betas or something different?

Guys, this is really important. The Parry/Dex beta is NOT NOT NOT NOT a content beta. It is a beta test of a patched game client.

This means when you download the Parry/Dex beta client and use it YOU ARE ON THE LIVE SERVERS. Testing is meant to be done on the live content of the game, not the beta servers.

If you actually loaded the beta client, you should have gotten a pop up that notified you of this, and also an in-game email that notified you of this. While you are using the beta client the Unit store will be locked out and you will not be able to buy unit store in-app purchases, but everything you do is live. You're using live server potions and revives. You are opening live server crystals. If you do not want to test on your actual live account, update your game client back to the normal one.
    Ya. I figured that out after my counter for summoner event went up once I finished fighting winter soldier. Gave my feedback and left the Beta. Uninstalled the app and now waiting for google to give me the public version.
    If you want to leave the Beta, you need to opt out in the play store, uninstall the app and wait for the public version to be made available. That will take around 10 minutes. Then install the public version.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Guys, this is really important. The Parry/Dex beta is NOT NOT NOT NOT a content beta. It is a beta test of a patched game client.

This means when you download the Parry/Dex beta client and use it YOU ARE ON THE LIVE SERVERS. Testing is meant to be done on the live content of the game, not the beta servers.

If you actually loaded the beta client, you should have gotten a pop up that notified you of this, and also an in-game email that notified you of this. While you are using the beta client the Unit store will be locked out and you will not be able to buy unit store in-app purchases, but everything you do is live. You're using live server potions and revives. You are opening live server crystals. If you do not want to test on your actual live account, update your game client back to the normal one.
    Ah ok. Thought it was a sever like 7.3.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,064 ★★★★★
    side note, my SP button is having issues registering the special! it has cost me twice now when I'm smashing the SP button and it does not fire.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Wait what... So your telling me I've just taken Kamala khan to R3 and chucked a generic gem into her ON THE LIVE SERVER 😳
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

side note, my SP button is having issues registering the special! it has cost me twice now when I'm smashing the SP button and it does not fire.

Yeah, it instead blocks instead of throwing the special.

Dex is also still bugged, I cant dex 2 out of apoc’s 3 beams
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

DNA3000 said:

Wait what... So your telling me I've just taken Kamala khan to R3 and chucked a generic gem into her ON THE LIVE SERVER 😳
    lmao rip send in a support ticket.

Qfury said:

DNA3000 said:

lmao rip send in a support ticket.
    I think(hope) he was kidding.

In the beta? I did not face any issue with parry, dex or the special attacks. It was working fine.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Yeah, it instead blocks instead of throwing the special.

Dex is also still bugged, I cant dex 2 out of apoc’s 3 beams
    Can’t tell if the part about dexing apoc’s beams is a joke