Champion Spotlight - The Hood

About The Hood
Always fascinated with super humans, young petty thief Parker Robbins used his gains to help his family, including his ailing mother. When a burglary took an unexpected turn, Parker found himself in possession of a pair of mystical boots and cloak. Struggling to understand the supernatural items, he learned they granted him limited powers, including invisibility and the ability to walk on air. Dubbed "The Hood" by the police, Parker soon found himself forced down a darker path, using his newfound powers to start his own criminal empire to ensure the safety of his family.

The Hood’s Mechanics

The Hood’s new kit makes him the Mystical master of Miss! His new Hex Pistols mechanic gives him a totally new avenue to damage, and an upgrade to his Miss lets you reliably deal with Special Attacks if used correctly. More damage and more reliable utility has Hood shining in a whole new light.

Base Stats & Abilities
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  6184  458  1806
 4-Star  15508  1148  4531
 5-Star  31093  2301  10330
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  40065  2965  13280

Character Class: Mystic

Basic Abilities: Invisibility, Stagger, Shock, Bleed

STRENGTHS:
  • Miss
  • With Hood's update he has his Miss more consistently, use this to deal with some hard to dodge specials and find more openings on your opponents.

• Stagger
  • Hood has near constant uptime on his Stagger letting him deal with tons of buffs with ease.
WEAKNESSES:
  • Nullify:
  • Hood’s Invisibility is a Buff, so be careful with fighting against anything that will remove your Buffs!

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Hex Pistols - Loaded Bullets: 28 - Max Loaded Bullets: 42
  • The Hood’s Bullets Persist from fight to fight within a Quest.
  • Nullify a Buff: Load 2 Bullets.
  • Make the opponent Miss while Invisible: Load 1 Bullet when the Invisibility ends.
Hex Pistols - Medium Attacks & Special 2
  • 100% chance to Fire a Bullet and inflict a stacking Hex, lasting 12 seconds. Each Hex deals a burst of 1150.5 Energy Damage when it Expires and is Refreshed when a new Hex is gained.
Dev Note: Hood’s new damage mechanic, stack up a ton of these and cash in for big damage on the heavy attack!

Dash Back and Hold Block for 1.2 Seconds
  • 100% chance to gain an Invisibility Buff lasting 8 seconds.
  • When Ending: Invisibility goes on Cooldown for 6 seconds.
  • While Active: Hood’s Attacks gain +592.31 Critical Damage Rating and ignore 75% Armor Rating and Block Proficiency.
  • While Active: Incoming attacks have a 120% chance to Miss. Each time the opponent Misses an attack, this Miss chance is decreased by a flat 20% until the Invisibility ends.
Dev Note: Pair this with the Special 2 to have consistent uptime on the Invisibility.

Critical Hits
  • 100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Stagger Passive lasting 5 seconds. When a Staggered opponent gains a Buff, that Buff and all Buffs triggered at the same time are Nullified.
  • When this Stagger ends, it inflicts 345.15 direct damage on the opponent and heals The Hood for a matching amount.
Heavy Attacks
  • Refresh the duration of all Personal Bleed and Fate Seal effects Hood has applied to the Opponent.
  • Cause all Hexes to Expire immediately, with +100% Potency.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Special 1 - Eldritch Arc
  • 100% chance to inflict a non-stacking Shock Debuff, causing 3451.5 Energy Damage over 7.5 seconds.
  • If this Shock expires after lasting its full duration, 100% chance to inflict a Stun Debuff, lasting 3 seconds.

Special 2 - Occult Onslaught
  • 100% Chance to apply a Fate Seal to the opponent, Nullifying all Buffs, and prevents any new Buffs from activating for 6.5 seconds, While this Fate Seal is active the opponents Ability Accuracy is reduced by 65%.
  • At the end of the attack, activate Invisibility.
Dev Note: Fate Seal has been reinstated as a tool to shut down buff reliant characters

Special 3 - Dark Pact
  • +1725.75 Attack Rating for each full bar of Power the opponent has.
  • 100% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff, causing 3451.5 direct damage over 6 seconds.

Signature Ability - Dark Dealings
  • While Invisible
  • The Hood becomes Immune to all Stun effects. Additionally, Firing a Bullet while Invisible has a 45% chance to Steal 10% of the opponent’s current Power, gaining twice that amount in the process.

SYNERGY BONUSES
Crime Bosses - Joe Fixit, Kingpin - Unique
  • Villain Champions: +150 Armor Rating, +150 Critical Rating, +5% Perfect Block Chance & +5% Health Rating.

Dark Empowerment - Dormammu
  • Non-Robot Villain Champions: 20% chance to Revive at 10% Health when receiving a Knockout blow.

Enemies - Punisher, Doctor Voodoo, Tigra, Doctor Strange
  • All Champions: +155 Critical Rating

Teammates - Loki, Iron Patriot, Terrax, Taskmaster
  • All Champions: +5% Perfect Block Chance
Not the Hero… - M.O.D.O.K., Mole Man, Mysterio, Mojo
  • Villain Champions: +3% Health & Attack Rating
  • The Hood: Knocking the opponent down loads 3 bullets
...But the Best Villain - Abomination, King Groot, Ronan, Vulture
  • Villain Champions: +3% Health & Attack Rating
  • The Hood: Invisibility’s starting Miss Chance is 140% instead of the normal 120%
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Pin_the_AvengerPGT17Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 Posts: 205
    DawsMan said:

Don't love that you can only reliably miss two attacks. Better than rng I suppose. Looks very similar just has his hex back.

You mean 2-3 times, but yea, I agree
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 143 ★★
    What happened to his regen? I demand a redo. His regen was the main reason everyone used him
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Honestly, I'm really liking this. They gave him back his utility while keeping the Buff, so now both parties should be happy. Hood's never going to be a top 10 Mystic, and it was never intended to be so, and he's going to wreck Buff-heavy matches with minimal Bullet loss. They gave us exactly what we asked for.

My only personal qualm is that they still didn't give him new Bullets at the start of each match, but since you'll not use him for much else other than fights wil lots of Buffs (like currently) you'll never really run out of Bullets. Really happy with this Buff, it looks good.
  • JuanGGJuanGG Posts: 10
    Guytennis said:

What happened to his regen? I demand a redo. His regen was the main reason everyone used him

What does this mean to you?

Critical Hits

When this Stagger ends, it inflicts 345.15 direct damage on the opponent and heals The Hood for a matching amount.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 437 ★★
    His regen was never meant to be big in the first place
    I’d rather have his heal reduced and have his stagger be able to stack…
  • Jrtiger23Jrtiger23 Posts: 35
    Still like the Diablo buff better than this one!
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 116 ★★
    Never understood why the bleed on sp3 wasn't removed and power shifted to elsewhere in his kit. Bleed has no synergy on his kit, his role in the mystic class and with heavy now detonating hexes i doubt you want to spam heavies.
  • Harry_71Harry_71 Posts: 83
    Did I understood right, that now Hood is able to refresh the fate seal through heavy attacks?

This was not possible in the past
  • Harry_71Harry_71 Posts: 83
    Another question:
    The signature ability means, that I steal 10% of power and gain 20% power that way. Right?
  • mbracembrace Posts: 539 ★★★

So, this is exactly the same buff as previously but with the fate seal. Sadly, the invisibility is still nerfed to the ground.

He was pretty good on damage with the buff before, so the fate seal should make him great. You are looking at the same Hood as pre-buff but with more damage, a little better invisibility, and a more reliable stagger. How could he not be good?
  • SidghhSidghh Posts: 18
    I realize that kabam is not having their best time so they were probably focusing on other things going on . There are more important things in the game to fix. But I truly hope kabam can do the hood better. And let’s not show any hate to them, and give them some time to catch up on their loose ends on the game. Possible upgrades to the hood
    Can be:

Notch the invisibility time up a bit
    To steal power don’t require bullets
    Let the hood regenerate once per refresh on stagger
    Since hood is a “mystic being” he should have a setback against certain champs
    Drain 10 percent max power on sp3
    Nerf the shock damage on special attack 1
    Nerf the percent of chance a stagger is placed on the opponent
    Finally
    And add some mechanic to purify rebuffs on the hood himself.this might be the best you can do to him.
    Thanks and sincerely,
    Dr.Godspeed
  • SidghhSidghh Posts: 18
    And I’m apologizing in advance In case this comment offended anybody thoughts, ideas or opinions you can send me a friend request in game to Dr.Godspeed to directly text to me.