Champion Spotlight - The Hood

2»

Comments

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,484 ★★★★
    Bullets are back baby!
  • StellarStellar Posts: 758 ★★★
    Just one question : What is the importance of having bullets or not ?

There is nothing in the description stating that without bullet The Hood will not be able to do some things, or nothing stating bullets are a required prerequisite to some ability !

So what happen when he is short on bullets ?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    I think that's a bit optimistic, @Stellar

Hex Pistols - Medium Attacks & Special 2

• 100% chance to Fire a Bullet and inflict a stacking Hex, lasting 12 seconds. Each Hex deals a burst of 1150.5 Energy Damage when it Expires and is Refreshed when a new Hex is gained.
    Dev Note: Hood’s new damage mechanic, stack up a ton of these and cash in for big damage on the heavy attack!
    • While Invisible
    • The Hood becomes Immune to all Stun effects. Additionally, Firing a Bullet while Invisible has a 45% chance to Steal 10% of the opponent’s current Power, gaining twice that amount in the process.
    I'd suggest these are pretty clear. "Fire a bullet and..." makes clear that the subsequent outcome is dependent on the action of during a bullet.

No action=no outcome
  • typghtypgh Posts: 75
    People complaining about the invisibility not being reliable after two hits clearly did not play him when the buff was originally available. Less than 100% when you can still hold block is not a killer. 80% is still reliable. It’s rare you don’t force the 3rd Miss. 60% still forces the Miss more often than not. With the Kingpin synergy, add one extra to that and you can get a good 4-5 consecutive misses on most occasions. It’s not just a counter to ranged anymore, it gives you consistent openings throughout the fight. You can force a ton of misses with less precision needed than Ghost and will refill bullets easier than you realize.

Will he be a top tier mystic? Probably not. He will be more relevant though to people who already have top buff control mystics and he is genuinely a lot of fun to play.
  • typghtypgh Posts: 75
    edited August 1

Dash Back and Hold Block for 1.2 Seconds

• 100% chance to gain an Invisibility Buff lasting 8 seconds.
    • When Ending: Invisibility goes on Cooldown for 6 seconds.
    • While Active: Hood’s Attacks gain +592.31 Critical Damage Rating and ignore 75% Armor Rating and Block Proficiency.
    • While Active: Incoming attacks have a 120% chance to Miss. Each time the opponent Misses an attack, this Miss chance is decreased by a flat 20% until the Invisibility ends.
    Dev Note: Pair this with the Special 2 to have consistent uptime on the Invisibility.
    Important question, here:

The Developers note here suggests consistent uptime on Invisibility, so I have an important question for them: what happens to his Miss chance if we do that? And do attacks still Miss on a well-timed block (which is annoying)?

Let's say I activate Invisibility by dashing back, and let four attacks Miss. I now have just 40% chance for the next Attack to Miss.

Now I fire off my SP2, reactivating Invisibility.

What happens to my Miss chance?

Is it reset to 120%? or does it stay at 40%, success it didn't 'expire'?

I hope you understand how important the answer is to play him effectively. I can work with it either way; it'd just be nice to get the answer target than having to work it out through experimentation.

Many thanks in anticipation of an answer,
    Assuming he works the way he did during the initial buff, it resets to 120%. Pushing to SP2 with the power gain was the key to playing his invisibility, and keeping him consistently invisible and getting misses allowed him more bullets, so it’s important for damage as well.
  • slayer6slayer6 Posts: 359 ★★
    Sounds good except the part if punisher or war machine or any mss special bullets or hits you now wont be able to phase it all maybe firsst 3 bullets at best then you will wear the rest?
  • CobraCobra Posts: 125
    He is one of the champs who did not need rework
  • TIERA_10203TIERA_10203 Posts: 103
    So is the hood like demi god now? Can I use him for 546 ultron?
  • IkthulisIkthulis Posts: 86
    I hate The Hood now. I liked the way he was. This isn’t an improvement. I have a 6* at rank 2 that I won’t be using outside of arenas anymore…
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Oh he's technically better, but i get the feeling that his usage wasn't taken into consideration. Or any feedback other than 'blah blah hex seal'.

His kit basically asks players to spam low-damage specials and take hits on the block to keep up bullets. Blocked hits are a no-no outside of RoL, and the specials will murder Suicide users -- which many will be using, given Ghost and KP. Seriously, suicides eat him up big-time.

All for a big red number. Just one. Looks nice on a screenshot, but his overall Quest-Long DPS is still low. At least lower than your average buffed character.

For this, he lost his nice ranged miss chance, and his sig got worse. His heal and sp3 still suck. So much of his OG kit could've just been beefed up. Heck, he even depends on a frustrating mechanic to do the aforementioned damage, as well as a heavy attack, both of which can be neutered by nodes.

So, when is Hood 4.0 coming? Sometime after Maw 4.0, I assume? Then we have Diablo who fills a needed niche in one-go. I wish the buff initiative was just a little more consistent, for my enthusiasm's sake.