**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we please not have SQs that are super repetitive?

CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I love the rewards here, but seriously, people have complained about tedious side quests before, and this one is the same 10 fights (which already takes like half hour) a month in a row. No variations unless you want catalysts, which is not really worth it. It’s just a lot to do, even if it was on a month without awful controls issues that drag out the length even more. Please try to not have another sq on this level of tediousness if possible.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    They should probably randomise the fights to make it less boring and dull, and the 10 fights are a bit much. 6-7 fights would’ve been better but the rewards are worth it in the end for me so I’m fine with this. One of the best things about Mutant Treasure Islands (aside from the rewards of course), was that each path had only 3 fights, and they were all different for each difficulty. But in the end the rewards are worth it for most of the SQs, so I’m cool with it like this.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    If its taking you half an hour you’re doing something wrong. Takes me 7 mins tops. All easy defenders. Rewards are good too.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I agree, it's incredibly long and tedious combined with all the issues in-game rn.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    I kinda agree. I can easily blitz through it, but when I bring my 4* CAIW for the extra points it gets really boring. Luckily the rewards after the 2k 6* shards aren’t too enticing for me so I can breeze through now
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    In my case, a SQ is good if it has good reward for effort. This is a good one. Bland, but good.

Well, I inherently dislike RNG based SQ I guess. My luck is subpar, so it feels like a mule kicked me in the chest during every one of those events.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,458 ★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

I kinda agree. I can easily blitz through it, but when I bring my 4* CAIW for the extra points it gets really boring. Luckily the rewards after the 2k 6* shards aren’t too enticing for me so I can breeze through now

You get all the rewards if you complete every fight every day. Don't need caiw even once.

BuffBeast said:

You get all the rewards if you complete every fight every day. Don't need caiw even once.
    He probably just wants the 6 star shards faster, which is understandable
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Just wish that they changed up the opponents every once in a while. They could keep the bosses the same and then just add random opponents to prevent it from being a grind fest
  • AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    this SQ reminds me of the Jubilee one - amazing rewards but tedious as hell
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I've got clubs stockpiling now🤧...
    Good rewards but man it's tiring
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    You guys can never be happy. When the fights are random, you guys are angry that we don't know what champs are there or can anyone post the champs here?
    When fights are same, now you guys are angry that oh man, Its so repetitive..

Because of you guys, the game is moving 1 step forward, 2 steps back!
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    LordPSN said:

You guys can never be happy. When the fights are random, you guys are angry that we don't know what champs are there or can anyone post the champs here?

I like the idea of 'hey, each fight is a random choice from a very small pool of champions that share a certain theme' (I'd say a pool of 4 champs at most)

Like one fight is one of the four Deadpools, one is an Iron Man of some sort, one of them will always be a Symbiote, stuff like that.
    LordPSN said:

I haven't seen anyone be angry at the fact that there would be random champions. People were more or less neutral at the fact that there were were random champs during the jabari panther month.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I like that it's the same. I know exactly what I'm going up against every day, and it gets my 10 fight objective for the Summoner event done at the same time. Admittedly only using CAIW so I can max out the Sentinels milestones is a little dull, but at daily reset today it'll be the last time I have to use only him.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    It's only tiresome because this SQ is daily rather than introducing a new one weekly. But it's easy and the rewards are so worth the time, which honestly isn't that long once you have your team set.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    Plus: fixed rewards. Rng rewards often leave us feeling cheated for our effort, when someone else gets a much better payout than you, for clearing the exact same content doesn't taste like a reward.

Minus: very repetitive. If the plan was to make us do this 30 times then a bit less fights on the path would've been appreciated.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I have a constant team that I bring in with me. I was initially bringing Cap IW with me a lot to crank out that objective, but while I still bring him now, it's more for his synergy with Punisher 2099. That guy is my MVP for most of that quest. Complete control denial the entire fight. Easy peasy.

It's kind of dull and I would have maybe preferred six slightly harder fights, but hey, I'm not going to complain about easy rewards.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I don’t think it’s that bad but I’m also using a R3 CGR and Domino so I can’t really talk
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I can imagine when Kabam change the side quest to different 10 champs every day, another group of players will complain and ask why Kabam making the side quest so difficult......

Frankly we ran through so many SQ in last few years. Further breakthrough is very difficult. A lot of suggestions above is just repeating the previous SQs, which is another kind of "repetitive". Striking the balance among various factors, I think this month's SQ is still acceptable.
    Tbh even if the idea isn't unique or anything, I prefer SQs where we there are 3 or 4 chapters of 2 quests each and we get a chapter weekly. Usually the paths amount up to 28 or something but the main thing is that it can be done with one sitting weekly and since there are different paths, it's not tedious either not to mention it's not punishing like these entry-gated side quests if you mess up and lose your team.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    At least these rewards are good and there aren’t any additional tricky nodes unlike January
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★

If its taking you half an hour you’re doing something wrong. Takes me 7 mins tops. All easy defenders. Rewards are good too.

My best run was slightly below 8 mins but only on Epic difficulty. :D
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    A normal EQ run is 7 fights yet this SQ is 10 fights. IMO it’s too many fights for a SQ. Just limit to 5 fights and give players just 3 champs in their team….
    Honestly though, this month is better than the last which was one of the worst SQs. Normal SQs have about 28 runs to get the maximum rewards, but last month had 28 x 3 = 84 runs to get most rewards, which is definitely over excessive. And to top it off, the rewards were RNG based except for 4 times🤦‍♂️ So this month ain’t that bad compared to the last one ngl.