**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best Cosmic Champion?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

as soon as hype gets his blue border he will be by far 1 of the best cosmics even as a 5* he holds it down still

Not being a 6* doesn’t stop Hyp being the best cosmic. Quake and ghost are still the best champions in the game even as 5*.

Because that implies damage and health is more important when considering the best champ. The difference between a 5/65 and rank 3 6* is not that much, just around 30% health and attack. So you’re saying that if Hyperion had that extra damage then he would be better than the other cosmics, which doesn’t make sense.

If Hyp was the best cosmic like everyone says, he would still be the best cosmic regardless of star level. Because he would just be that good.
    Using ghost and Quake as an example is horrible.
    They're the best even at 5* level because they are so far above everyone else, to the point we're getting nodes added to AW to hard counter them. That example ain't it, with the gap they have above other champs a 30% stat increase doesn't hurt them as much.

When the champs being compared are this close in level then things like 30% attack and health increase are more important. If corvus wasn't available as a 6* r3 he'd lose a lot of reach with his 20 charges and struggle a substantial amount more Vs higher health pools. That would undoubtedly affect where people rate him.

Maybe quake and ghost aren’t the best example. But they still have the same utility at that rank that makes them so good. And so does Hype. But you’re not getting my point, extra health and attack isn’t the only thing stopping Hyperion being the best. Champions have exactly the same utility as 5* rank 5 and 6* r3.
    Yes they still have the same utility at r5 that they would at r3, my point was the utility those 2 specifically have make them so good they wouldn't suffer from being locked to a lower difficulty.
    But they're an exception and not the norm.

When you're comparing champs that are actually relatively close in level then one of them losing 30% base stats is significant enough to hinder their ranking. Utility is great but unless you're swimming in it like ghost and Quake then you're not transcending rarity levels.

I get the point you're trying to make but it also brings the idea that a champ has to enough utility that they're better than 6* r3s while being limited to 5* r5 level and that's not applicable in vast majority of cases.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

as soon as hype gets his blue border he will be by far 1 of the best cosmics even as a 5* he holds it down still

Not being a 6* doesn’t stop Hyp being the best cosmic. Quake and ghost are still the best champions in the game even as 5*.

Because that implies damage and health is more important when considering the best champ. The difference between a 5/65 and rank 3 6* is not that much, just around 30% health and attack. So you’re saying that if Hyperion had that extra damage then he would be better than the other cosmics, which doesn’t make sense.

If Hyp was the best cosmic like everyone says, he would still be the best cosmic regardless of star level. Because he would just be that good.
    They're the best even at 5* level because they are so far above everyone else, to the point we're getting nodes added to AW to hard counter them. That example ain't it, with the gap they have above other champs a 30% stat increase doesn't hurt them as much.

When the champs being compared are this close in level then things like 30% attack and health increase are more important. If corvus wasn't available as a 6* r3 he'd lose a lot of reach with his 20 charges and struggle a substantial amount more Vs higher health pools. That would undoubtedly affect where people rate him.

Maybe quake and ghost aren’t the best example. But they still have the same utility at that rank that makes them so good. And so does Hype. But you’re not getting my point, extra health and attack isn’t the only thing stopping Hyperion being the best. Champions have exactly the same utility as 5* rank 5 and 6* r3.
    Yes they still have the same utility at r5 that they would at r3, my point was the utility those 2 specifically have make them so good they wouldn't suffer from being locked to a lower difficulty.

When you're comparing champs that are actually relatively close in level then one of them losing 30% base stats is significant enough to hinder their ranking. Utility is great but unless you're swimming in it like ghost and Quake then you're not transcending rarity levels.

I get the point you're trying to make but it also brings the idea that a champ has to enough utility that they're better than 6* r3s while being limited to 5* r5 level and that's not applicable in vast majority of cases.
    I’m just rejecting the idea that Hyperion isn’t the best cosmic now, but if he got an extra 30% health and attack he’d jump to being the best cosmic. This may be one to just agree to disagree on.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

I’m just rejecting the idea that Hyperion isn’t the best cosmic now, but if he got an extra 30% health and attack he’d jump to being the best cosmic. This may be one to just agree to disagree on.
    Looks like it is, nothing wrong with differing opinions
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Looks like it is, nothing wrong with differing opinions
    For sure! The beauty of MCOC and the ratings of champions in classes is the difference in opinions. It’s why you don’t see any interesting debates on the top science champ, everyone knows it’s quake lol
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Gotta be cgr FOR ME!!

Because who doesn't love 50-60-70k mediums

Cgr has the power to brute force through most fights.

Key word being most, along as there's no tenacity/safeguard etc I'll use him to pew pew through fights.

His dupe is also severely under rated.

But I'm biased, he was my white whale as a 6* and the fact I pulled him from a basic and then duped him from a nexus 3 weeks later just makes me happy, love his play style, his animations. Just my all round favourite champ to use
  • Options
    mmmpunchmmmpunch Posts: 102
    Cosmic Spider-man is obviously number 1
  • Options
    Norman_OroNorman_Oro Posts: 33
    Tough question. Hercules, CMM, etc are all awesome. Overall, however, I think Hyperion is the best cosmic champ. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    CGR
    Damage: 5/5
    Utility: 3.5/5 (power control, heal block, buffs, power gain, bleed/incinerate immune)
    Ease of use: 4/5 (situations vary)
    Support: 2/5
    Sustainability: 3/5 (also varies on how fast he ends the fight)

Hyperion
    Utility: 3.5/5 (power gain, fury, regen, stun, poison immunity, incinerates; all very potent)
    Ease of use: 5/5
    Support: 1/5
    Sustainability: 4/5 (regen is pretty solid)

Corvus
    Damage: starts of as 1-2/5, ramped up 5/5 which depends on healthpool
    Utility: 4/5 (armor break on parry, immortality, guaranteed crits, glaive of immunity)
    Ease of use: 5/5 (again, healthpools vary)
    Support: 2/5
    Sustainability: 5/5 (immortality)

Hercules:
    Utility: 5/5 (stun immunity, true sense, infuriate, buffs, bleed/poison resistance, burst damage)
    Ease of use: 5/5 (easy ramp, easy playstyle with infuriate)
    Support: 3/5
    Sustainability: 5/5 (depends how aggressive you are with immortality active)

This is the way i view it personally, CGR has phenomenal damage and solid utility, but mainly reliant on buffs or armor breaks on the opponent.

Hyperion is now available as a 6* and he outta have CGR level with how constantly he can throw specials, simple to use, simple kit.

Corvus is good up until you reach higher health pools, but definitely excels in what he is good at like AQ, think people still use him in AW, and general questing

Herc is definitely meta with how he counters the node we all know as “AI” very efficiently, which may in fact deem him the best champion in the contest. Anyways joke aside all the little pieces of utility make for a very versatile kit for fights long or short, and not much holds him back.

As for who is the best, that will always be debatable, but i think this is a good way to value a champ. My opinion, hercules, but hyperion will always be more fun for me.