**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Agent Venom Buff Idea

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
I loved the Agent Venom comic a few years ago, so it's a shame that he's such a dud in the game. With this buff, I tried to work mostly within his existing kit (however barebones it is) but with a significant change to his shrug-off capabilities. I wanted to design someone who doesn't just shrug off debuffs but who instead thrives by having as many of them on himself as possible. He reduces their potency significantly and gains increased crit chance and crit damage, among other things. Something a little different from all other shrug-off champions in the game.

Tactical Symbiosis

Two minds working as one, Agent Venom’s basic attacks deal 15% more damage when striking a Bleeding opponent and grant them 15% more Power when striking an opponent not suffering from a Bleed.

Every non-Purified Debuff has a 30% chance to be converted into a Klyntar Debuff lasting 6 seconds.

Note: If the opponent isn't bleeding, you'll get more quickly to a special attack that will most likely make them bleed, after which you'll do more damage to them with your basic attacks.

Passive

Flash’s intense military background, coupled with the alien symbiotic enhancements, grants them a 100% chance to Purify any Debuff. Each time this effect is activated, the chance to Purify the next Debuff is reduced by 25% for 6 seconds. If Agent Venom fails to Purify a Debuff, the symbiote enters Klyntar Rage.

Note: Agent Venom has a 100% chance to purify single debuffs, after which the chance that he'll fail to purify one and instead enter Klyntar Rage becomes greater and greater with each purified debuff. In debuff-intense fights, this will quickly push him into his Klyntar Rage. However, the 100% shrug-off chance vs single debuffs as long as he isn't bombarded with them allows him to still work on Encroaching Stun nodes and the like.

Klyntar Rage - Passive

When the Venom symbiote enters Klyntar Rage, Flash temporarily loses control of it. Their chance to Purify incoming Debuffs is reduced to 30% and any Debuffs that fail to Purify have a 70% reduced chance of triggering abilities in the opponent.

Additionally, each non-Purified Debuff loses 70% potency and grants Agent Venom a stacking Instability passive that increases both Attack Rating and Critical Damage Rating. The Instability passives last until Agent Venom is struck. Each basic hit received removes one stack of Instability and when all stacks are gone, Klyntar Rage ends. Getting hit by a Special Attack immediately ends Klyntar Rage.

When in Klyntar Rage, Critical Hits pause any Bleed effects on the opponent for 1 second.

Note: I thought about this. I wanted Agent Venom to be able to go into debuff-heavy fights and get immensely boosted from them, but what about when you are negatively affected by having debuffs placed on you? Void kills you despite you having class advantage, and a ton of other champs get various benefits from nodes and abilities (such as when they get a huge fury buff whenever you're under the effect of a debuff). Not cool.

Well, that's where the "any Debuffs that fail to Purify have a 70% reduced chance of triggering abilities in the opponent" line comes in. The point is to make it very hard for champs to get various benefits or do extra damage by placing debuffs on Agent Venom.

Passive

Flash’s military training reduces the opponent’s Defensive Ability Accuracy by 50%. If fighting a #Villain or #Spider-Verse Hero, the Venom Symbiote reduces their chance to Evade by an additional 50%.

Every time an opponent’s defensive abilities fail to trigger, Agent Venom has a 25% chance to place a Bleed on them dealing 1300 damage over 4 seconds. This chance is increased by 25% against Science champions or when fighting Spider-Verse champions.

When in Klyntar Rage, these Bleeds have 30% additional potency and duration.

Note: I was thinking if I should bump up the reduction to DAA, but seeing how he dishes out a lot of bleed debuffs I didn't want to make it too overpowered. There are champs that reduce it further but I think this is a fair ability. He shuts down the evade chance completely for spider-people and villains.

Special Attacks

Each Special Attack has a 65% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 4300 Direct Damage over 4 seconds. This chance is increased to 100% when in Klyntar Rage.

Special Attack 1

If not at Class Disadvantage, this attack gains True Focus and cancels any Unstoppable effects on the opponent.

Every bullet fired has a 15% chance per Debuff on Agent Venom to ignore all Armor Rating on the opponent.

Note: As I said, I wanted to make each debuff on Agent Venom feed him and his abilities instead of debilitate him.

Special Attack 2

This attack Incinerates the opponent, dealing 4500 Energy Damage over 4 seconds. This effect also removes Perfect Block chance and reduces Block Proficiency by 50% while it’s active.

If not at Class Disadvantage, every Debuff on Agent Venom increases the duration of this Incinerate by 2 seconds.

Note: I bumped up the damage and reduced the duration of the incinerate, but included a possibility for more of both if a lot of debuffs are present.

Special Attack 3

Places an indefinite Klyntar Debuff on Agent Venom that activates Klyntar Rage for as long as it remains. The Klyntar Debuff cannot be Purified and reduces Agent Venom’s ability to Purify any non-damaging Debuff except for Stuns by 100%. Agent Venom’s ability to Purify damaging Debuffs is unaffected and does not suffer the normal Ability Accuracy Reduction from Klyntar Rage.

Any Bleed effects on the opponent gain 70% additional potency for as long as the Klyntar Debuff is active. Using a Heavy Attack converts all Debuffs on Agent Venom into Critical Bleeds on the opponent. This deactivates Klyntar Rage.

Note: Since I basically nerfed Agent Venom's shrug-off capabilities, I wanted an option to still be able to shrug off damaging debuffs relatively easily if he had to. The solution is the SP3 (and sig ability), which gives you a combination of high shrug-off for damaging debuffs while allowing non-damaging debuffs to stay on and fuel your attacks.

Synergies

Superior Creepy Crawlies

Doctor Octopus - If Armor Broken while Biology is at 100, set it to 0 and gain a Fury Buff with the same potency as the Armor Up had until Biology reaches 100 again.
Symbiote Spider-Man - Spider-Man begins the fight with 1 Bar of Power and all of his Special Attacks place an Ensnare Debuff on the opponent for 12 seconds.
Agent Venom - All of Agent Venom’s abilities that affect #Spider-Verse Heroes are extended to include #Sinister Six Villains as well.

Note: Not too much to say, I just wanted to give Doc Ock some love. I don't think he needs it but I'm in a loving mood.

Thicker Than Water

Venom - Bleeding #Heroes cannot Evade attacks.
Carnage - Critical Hits have a 20% chance to Armor Break Bleeding #Heroes.
Agent Venom - When fighting #Symbiotes, incoming Bleed Debuffs are automatically converted into Klyntar Debuffs.

Note: I've always thought that it is a little silly that Carnage can't armor break opponents just because they can bleed when he can easily armor break bleed immune opponents. It's not a terribly useful bit of utility but this was my chance to add it in regardless.

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    It's a really solid build. I like that you focused on the core aspects of Symbiotes and utilized the bloodlust. Ever since Venom's buff looking at both AV and Sym Spidey, they really pale in comparison so even if they don't have the exact same features, it's still the same suit so there should be some consistency in their base kit.

Feel up to the challenge of Sym Spidey next?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    @Shadowstrike Thanks! I appreciate your kind words.

I've actually been thinking of Symbiote Spider-Man quite a lot, but the problem with him and a few other champs (like Black Bolt) is that while they have really bad base kits they also have some solid synergies that really spruce them up. From what I've heard, anyway. If I had those synergy partners, I could test the synergies out and build something from there. However, I mostly don't (or, in Black Bolt's case, lack the man himself), so I don't feel like I know enough about their current max potential to confidently build from it without wrecking something unintentionally.

But we'll see. It would be fun, I'm not gonna lie. However, I also think that I've done a lot of Spiders and Symbiotes lately. I feel like taking a complete U-turn and doing Sentry, Deadpool or Captain Marvel (Classic) next. I've had some neat ideas for them on the backburner for ages.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    That's fair. I think Sentry might be the tougher nut to crack especially since his fandom already has a high bar of expectation but if you hit the bullseye, that'll earn quite a few fans and support.