Am I just being stupid or…?

AssumedNameAssumedName Member Posts: 580 ★★★
I’ve noticed that in Mephistos abilities, if you bring the dormammu synergy, which gives him energy resistance when under the effect of a dot, it actually puts that text into his passive abilities kit.

Has this always been a thing? Is it just this specific synergy? I’m so confused…

With dormammu on the same team:

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Member Posts: 3,193 ★★★★★
    The Pi changed too
  • JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    Hey that’s pretty neat. Cool stuff.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Hmm what if this happens with all champs? For example, when CGR has the synergy with P2099, if the opponent reaches 3 bars of power they lose a bit of it and is power locked for some time. Does that come in CGR’s kit too?
    Not the best example but I use CGR the most so I know his synergies best lol

Riptide said:

The Pi changed too

Thats the same with all synergies.

OP - never noticed that before 🤔 be interesting to know if it's a visual, or if its duplicated with other synergies too
    I tried it with cmm+NF 1 second longer charges. It says 1.2 seconds still.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Riptide said:

The Pi changed too

OP - never noticed that before 🤔 be interesting to know if it's a visual, or if its duplicated with other synergies too
    That’s interesting. This probably happens with only few champs then ig

Jaded said:

Riptide said:

The Pi changed too

That’s interesting. This probably happens with only few champs then ig
    Seems to be another Easter egg type for synergies. Some have it but not all lmao
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Member Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Nice find!
  • odishika123odishika123 Member Posts: 5,408 ★★★★★
    The same thing Happens to OG storm if you bring Apocalypse
    It States that
    Heavy attacks have a change to give shock
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    I think it also happens with Og Black Panther and Killmonger. The True Strike synergy gets added to his abilities
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,745 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Riptide said:

The Pi changed too

That happens with every synergy.

Here’s my go at explaining this based on prior game knowledge and what a few other people have said in this thread. As we know kabam have gotten better at coding things in the game and there are things that they weren’t able to do previously but now can. The expansion of abilities and the progression of characters are an example of this. I’m going to guess that kabam had trouble making synergies and having them work properly at the beginning of the game, and the fix that they originally used was that they added abilities to champions when their synergy partners were added to the team. Eventually they found a way for synergies to work without this happening. This would explain why champions such as Mephisto, black panther, and killmonger have this interaction happen but newer champions like CGR don’t.

Again, this is all speculation but I’m pretty confident that it’s correct. I’d love it if a kabam mod or someone else can confirm this.
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Member Posts: 580 ★★★
    Well I’m glad I’m not just being stupid then. Thanks guys.