**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

My Day 1 Venompool Guide

Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Alright so this buff has only been out for what, 4 hours? And I love it. I already took my 6* to R2 and there is a good chance I may R3 him after SOP. His damage is really nice and practical. He has solid utility, and can be very cheesy in the right situations. Anyways this is my day 1 guide on how to use him.

Awakened ability:
Venompool has a good awakened ability but my general advice is to activate the energize. This helps him ramp much faster and overall is the best pre-fight. However in spiderverse matchups use the klyntar mutation pre fight instead

Rotations: Venompool has 2 general rotations and 1 situational rotation. But I will be talking mostly about the SP3 and SP2 rotations since they are the more general ones. The SP2 rotation has better damage on basic combos but SP3 rotation has massive bleed/degeneration damage (and when I say massive I mean upwards of 250k bleed damage per sp3) but regardless of which rotation you use I advise building to an sp3 first to ramp up faster (Energize helps build up to it faster)

Anyways I will cover the Sp2 rotation first. So after ramping to an sp3 you want to get a special intercept to double the buffs. This intercept has a similar window to that of OGBP so the best way to do it is to do a 4 hit combo, then back and throw the sp2 in the same timing as a backdraft intercept. You can also throw sp2’s normally and hope the enemy doesn’t attack you but both of these methods are risky and this rotation isn’t very ouchie mastery friendly so I do not advise using it outside of bleed immune matchups.

Next up the Sp3 rotation. This is the best rotation imo and this is how it works. So after the initial ramp up Sp3 you want to build up to another Sp3. Then, right around the time you reach Sp3 you want to throw a heavy. Then bait the opponents special, and wait till you have atleast around 40-50 cooking meter charges. Then, parry, throw the Sp3 and do a 5 hit combo directly after using the parry stun. This will fill up the cooking charge and pause the bleed debuff from the sp3. This bleed will usually do 3-5k damage per tick and in shorter fights, the opponent will be dead after this but in longer fights you might have to do the rotation a few times but I averaged 400-500k damage per rotation in total against LOL star lord. This is also a good rotation for people who use ouchie masteries and can probably work for Do You Bleed very well.

Buff matchup rotation: in matchups against buffs you want to use sp1’s while the opponent has buffs if you don’t run scuicides. This helps him ramp up faster and you don’t want to use an Sp3 first when you use this playstyle/rotation

Of course normally you just want to do 5 hit combos with Venompool in between specials but these are the 2 main rotations I have found so far. Anyways onto the last section

Notable synergies:

Venompool works very well with the Nick fury/Deadpool synergy if you run scuicides. Both the synergies together make him very sustainable and they are my personal favorite synergies for Venompool

Fry in the skillet synergy: this synergy is with some pretty good champs and it gives him incinerate immunity so it is pretty useful

Adjust cooking timer: this is the best synergy for damage in my testing. It allows him to build more furies due to filling up his meter faster but is definetly not necessary

Those are the main synergies I find useful. The “Accurately Measure Ingredients” synergy isn’t as useful as it may seem btw. His precision buff gives him plenty of crit rating so I didn’t notice this synergy that much in my testing.

Anyways that was my Day 1 Venompool guide. I hope this helped some people and I hope that others like Venompool as much as I do! Also feel free to share if you use him a different way. This buff is new so my rotations might not be the best.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    So needs 2 sp3’s? A bit long of a ramp up, but 500k damage seems promising. For 300/350k healthpools you recommend sp2 rotation? Nvm forgot he has energize

• WooptyfrickendooWooptyfrickendoo Posts: 184
    GagoH said:

So needs 2 sp3’s? A bit long of a ramp up, but 500k damage seems promising. For 300/350k healthpools you recommend sp2 rotation?

Well remember he said you should prioritize the energize. I'm sure the energize makes it a lot easier.

GagoH said:

So needs 2 sp3’s? A bit long of a ramp up, but 500k damage seems promising. For 300/350k healthpools you recommend sp2 rotation?

Well remember he said you should prioritize the energize. I'm sure the energize makes it a lot easier.
    Yup, edited my post right after i said that
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I’m legitimately excited to r3 venompool now
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    GagoH said:

So needs 2 sp3’s? A bit long of a ramp up, but 500k damage seems promising. For 300/350k healthpools you recommend sp2 rotation? Nvm forgot he has energize

Yep energize helps a ton, and he is hitting hard after just 1 sp3 cus of the faster buff accumulation
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I wish Masacre was apart of the "Fry in the Skillet" Synergy, he would then also provide Venompool with +25% Duration to all his Debuffs and Buffs.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    so how exactly do you activate the prefight?? i can't select anything ..do you have to do a fight first??

so how exactly do you activate the prefight?? i can't select anything ..do you have to do a fight first??

He needs to be duped to have the pre-fight. But if you don’t have the pre-fight it’s not that big of a deal
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★

Oh… dang yeah that is bugged there should be a pre-fight icon on his character icon

He needs to be duped to have the pre-fight. But if you don’t have the pre-fight it’s not that big of a deal
    Rip . Mine aint even duped. Just when I thought I had a champion finally worth ranking
    Duped him.

Whats the best rotation? Heard the sp2 has a very tight window to special intercept with so sp3 is better to spam