**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

AI behaviour after update (on Android)

I noticed AI being more aggressive and recovering from heavies/specials almost immediately after the update. Quaking also became harder, as AI attacks relentlessly. Is it just me or anyone else noticed it? Saw it in AQ/SQ/Act 5

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I did notice that after the update in AQ map 5 that defenders can sometimes immediately land successful attacks or specials after I do the 4-hit combo and swipe back. There is absolutely no pause from the defender. The first couple of times it happened, I thought I was just being careless, but it happened even after I was actually focusing on the fight. (Yes, AQ has become an arena-like mode to me and probably many others.)
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    This has been going on for quite a while now. When the AI can recover from being hit to the ground faster than you (who hit them) its pretty comical at times. Don't even get me started on how fast they recover after you hit them with an sp3.
  • AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    the only thing I noticed after the update is the fact the game's been LAGGING more than ever. AQ/quests/arena/incursions are unplayable after a few minutes, the screen just freezes and I'm comboed into oblivion. reinstalling didn't work and I hate it
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    Ainy said:

the only thing I noticed after the update is the fact the game's been LAGGING more than ever. AQ/quests/arena/incursions are unplayable after a few minutes, the screen just freezes and I'm comboed into oblivion. reinstalling didn't work and I hate it

Been seeing that since last month in certain fights (particularly those with intense graphics) the screen freezes and basically several frames are dropped, as rather than continuing from where it froze I'm in a different sequence getting hit (if I didn't start holding block when it happened).

Also been noticing in some fights with projectiles with light that the defender sort of becomes light painted (the effects from the projectile remain).
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Gotta agree here. Though it was happening way before this update. AI often seems to bend the rules of recovery time (from attacking) or hit stun (from being attacked) a lot. Latest occurrence of near zero heavy recovery for me was Warlock in war. Had him cornered, dexed his heavy and immediately went in to punish. He was already recovered and "banked" (I think is the term? -dex into light attack off the wall) me. 😂 If they have a special active.. don't even try to punish a heavy at all.

Same applies to trying to punish a combo ender on your block. It won't work. If they have a special active.. you're done. Even if they don't, they will "side step" combo you. It's a double standard. Try to throw a combo ender on the AI block and see what happens to you. 😏

As for the thing where they recover from being hit by your combo ending medium faster than you recover from throwing it... Yeah, that happens too. Most frequently with Domino. In my personal experience. I've even had her combo me at the start of the fight. If my opening move is a dash back and hers is a light attack, she catches me. Her light is too fast or something.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    My personal android experience:
    Loading lag ✔
    Freeze ✔
    Crash ✔
    Dropped dex ✔
    Dropped parry ✔
    Lag before parry/dex ✔
    Heavy fails to connect in between hits ✔
    SP fails to activate ✔
    SP fails to connect in between hits ✔
    Opponent recovers from knockdown faster than me ✔