**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Cavalier to Thronebreaker: The only drawback.

awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
I became Thronebreaker maybe 6 weeks ago give or take... Since then the better claimable crystals, calendar, etc all has been great perks, but the cavalier crystal shards in my opinion is a drawback.

At least as cav, I would get a GMC formed once a week for my 3* champ. Now as a thronebreaker, you have to wait twice as long for what's also probably just a 3* champ.

My ask/suggestion might be either lessen the amount of days it takes to claim this reward. Or maybe its time to create a thronebreaker crystal that doesn't have those pesky 3* champs in them anymore, and have that rewarded once every 2 weeks.

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    A year of Cav:
    1 6-star
    4 5-stars
    8 4-stars
    13 3-stars

A year of GM:
    2 5-stars
    8 4-stars
    40 3-stars

Stop it.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

A year of Cav:
    1 6-star
    4 5-stars
    8 4-stars
    13 3-stars

A year of GM:
    2 5-stars
    8 4-stars
    40 3-stars

Stop it.

@TyEdge
    So, what 3 star champ are you taking into 7.3 when it opens up?

You are also saying that you are OK with literally half of the year only getting 3* champs, that's assuming that RNG gives you only 13 3 stars.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

TyEdge said:

A year of Cav:
    1 6-star
    4 5-stars
    8 4-stars
    13 3-stars

A year of GM:
    2 5-stars
    8 4-stars
    40 3-stars

Stop it.

TyEdge

You are also saying that you are OK with literally half of the year only getting 3* champs, that's assuming that RNG gives you only 13 3 stars.
    But shouldn't you also be getting more 5*s? I think that may be the point of his reply that you are missing. Personally, I get what you're saying, but I think the trade-off ultimately pays off unless you get utterly shafted by RNG.
    I mean it's RNG. And we usually get shafted by it.
    I haven't got anything but 3* and 2 4* I think in nearly a year of being TB.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

A year of Cav:
    1 6-star
    4 5-stars
    8 4-stars
    13 3-stars

A year of GM:
    2 5-stars
    8 4-stars
    40 3-stars

Stop it.

@TyEdge

Ya know you could just open 5 and 6* hero crystals right? Of you get a 3*, whatever. Nice to get a 5 or 6* once in a while but it doesn’t have a huge impact on your account if you pull a 3*.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @awesomesauce
    I’m really confused how 2 GMC are better than 1 Cav? You have lower chances for 6*, 5* and 4*.

Cav vs GMC for at least 1 of the rarity
    6* — 3% vs 0%
    5* — 16% vs 5.9%
    4* — 31% vs 27.8%

The only thing that’s higher for the GMC is the chance to get nothing good (I.e. 3* from all pulls)

Which is 50% chance for Cav and 67.2% for the GMC.

I’m not sure which part of this is a downgrade for TBs, except for the number of crystals. But opening more crystals is not better when the crystals are worse.

2 premiums aren’t better than 1 GMC, and 2 GMC aren’t better than 1 Cav Crystal
  • Options
    no, pulling a 3* is almost guaranteed max sig crystals. I agree, it doesn't have a huge impact on my account.

The point I'm getting at is it doesn't help, either.
  • Options

no, pulling a 3* is almost guaranteed max sig crystals. I agree, it doesn't have a huge impact on my account.

The point I'm getting at is it doesn't help, either.

But you say in the post that cavalier crystal shards are a drawback. You are less likely now to pull a 3* over 2 weeks. How is that a drawback?

Would you really choose 2 GMC over 1 Cav? Because if not, then it’s not a drawback.
  • Options
    You're still missing the point.

3* Should just be removed from being a potential prize in these crystals. In no way does a 3* champ help any thronebreaker.
  • Options

3* Should just be removed from being a potential prize in these crystals. In no way does a 3* champ help any thronebreaker.

I’m not saying it does. You’re saying going from 2 GMC to 1 Cav is a drawback. It demonstrably isn’t. Having a better chance for 5*, and going from 0% to 3% chance for a 6* is going to do more for a TB than a low chance for a 5*.

If you want crystals without 3* then feel free to ask that, I can tell you it’s very unlikely to happen for a while. While I’d be very happy to see that of course, I believe Kabam said somewhere they had 0 plans to do that so far. And my opinion is, if it did happen any time soon, you’d be looking at mostly 4* replacing the 3* odds. As in, the 50% chance for a 3* now would just switch to a 4* and the other odds wouldn’t change very much.

What I’m correcting you on, is you saying that 2 GMC to 1 Cav is a downgrade. I’m not disagreeing with you about anything else.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

If that's your argument, you took the wrong approach to making it imo. Most (if not all) players would value a single cav as more valuable than 2 GMC. As such, the free shard calendar is an upgrade.

If you're frustrated by the existence of 3*s in the Cav crystals, I think that merits its own discussion.
    That’s exactly my point, thanks @Ebony_Naw