**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I get suicides?

_hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I'm debating on whether to save enough units to get suicide masteries

but am not sure if it's worth it, any thoughts?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    No work on progressing your account or building a suicide friendly questing team then it’ll be worth it
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I personally don't think you have the right champs to consider unlocking suicides.

I got them once I got corvus & started arena grinding hard.

Although I love suicides, finish fights quicker etc I've just finished up 7.2 expo the other day and had them off the whole time, turned them back on for a few days then had to turn them off again for SOP & cav EQ expo.

I'll definitely be turning them on again once that's done but it is a massive waste of units, burnt in the region of 4-500 units just swapping masteries the past week or so, and I don't really do arena anymore.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    I don’t even have WillPower lol and I’m on 6.4
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

I don’t even have WillPower lol and I’m on 6.4

You mean willpower the mastery, or...
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Really good answer by @Ercarret. I also think another big factor is to ask yourself is if you do a lot of arenas. I switched them on and and never turned back. However, the majority of my time spent in game is messing around in the arenas. I hit cav using champs like Ghulk, emma, torch, cap IW, and Colossus. Not horrible with suicides, but definitely not a corvus or an omega. So as long as you work around the negatives like recoil, most champs are ok with suicides. I can count on a single hand how many times I have turned them off and I've initial completed pretty much everything except labyrinth and abyss. I know I'll have to take them off for some of act 6 and 7 exploration, but I am completely dreading that.

The positive thing with using suicides with everyday champs is it gets that much more fun when you pull the gods like ghost, corvus, or omega. However, I would for sure not switch any suicides on until you are able to get willpower and max out liquid courage or double edge. Good luck!

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

I personally don't think you have the right champs to consider unlocking suicides.

I got them once I got corvus & started arena grinding hard.

Although I love suicides, finish fights quicker etc I've just finished up 7.2 expo the other day and had them off the whole time, turned them back on for a few days then had to turn them off again for SOP & cav EQ expo.

I'll definitely be turning them on again once that's done but it is a massive waste of units, burnt in the region of 4-500 units just swapping masteries the past week or so, and I don't really do arena anymore.

Why turn them off for Cav EQ?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    @LeNoirFaineant The Skill quest has a passive heal block node this month. If you go in with suicides on and you're not immune to the bleed and poison or can shrug them off easily, you're going to die very, very quickly.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

@LeNoirFaineant The Skill quest has a passive heal block node this month. If you go in with suicides on and you're not immune to the bleed and poison or can shrug them off easily, you're going to die very, very quickly.

Sure but if you are running suicides you surely have suicide friendly champs. I'm not changing my masteries for EQ. I've only done one path on the Cav skill quest so far but it wasn't bad with suicides on.