**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Updated 6* roster. What you think?

JohnyBoyJohnyBoy Posts: 176 ★★

Comments

• ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Nice
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    That’s honestly an amazing roster. Only 3 complete duds in my opinion. Loki could be counted as a dud, but has his uses, star lord is good when awakened, and ant man has at least his ghost synergy until he gets buffed

That’s honestly an amazing roster. Only 3 complete duds in my opinion. Loki could be counted as a dud, but has his uses, star lord is good when awakened, and ant man has at least his ghost synergy until he gets buffed

Would count carnage as a dud too since they made him a lesser venom. Kabam really did him dirty ngl
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    I would swap my sig 20 CGR, sig 40 domino, sig 20 red goblin, tigra and ghost...

For your AA, Diablo and Angela...
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

Would count carnage as a dud too since they made him a lesser venom. Kabam really did him dirty ngl
    He still has his uses and places to shine
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Cool
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I’m betting that awakened AA melts things…

Dr. Zola
  • JohnyBoyJohnyBoy Posts: 176 ★★
    DrZola said:

I’m betting that awakened AA melts things…

Dr. Zola

I use him all the time. If only I had a mutant T5CC. 😢

In which venom outshines him.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★

Which does not mean that Carnage is a dud
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Awaken starlord

Which does not mean that Carnage is a dud
    But it does. Everywhere you would use carnage, you can use venom, and venom would be more effective. Not saying carnage is bad but in this case, literally 0 use for him rendering him useless since he has venom. That’s why im saying kabam did carnage dirty when he got buffed. Wish i was exaggerating but his carnage won’t do any better than that joe fixit because of venom.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    That's an amazing roster. Not many trash champs. Ant-Man is getting a buff and Captain Marvel has some great synergies with ace champs like Nick Fury, Aegon and Captain America IW. She can be a good champ to have tag along, regardless of her own personal dudness.

And those top champs? Mate, you're laughing. Solid gods.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    JohnDoe89 said:

I would swap my sig 20 CGR, sig 40 domino, sig 20 red goblin, tigra and ghost...

For your AA, Diablo and Angela...

Seek counseling
    Suicides ;-)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Kabam didn't make Carnage a lesser Venom, rather the game meta moved away from Carnage over time. When both were buffed Venom got the utility and Carnage got the higher damage, and at the time opinions differed as to which one was better, because at the time players overvalued raw damage and undervalued utility. But as time progressed, players began to value utility more than they used to, and the content began to reward stronger utility. Carnage, meanwhile, was increasingly seen as a one note champ in a game that was quickly neutralizing one note champs.

Carnage is an example of how the content ultimately makes the champs, rather than the champs just being obviously intrinsically good or bad. There are lots of ways the game could have gone that would have made Venom worthless, and Carnage much better than Venom. The game just went in a different direction. But there was no way to be certain about that at the time they were buffed. One could guess, because one note champs are often vulnerable to having that one thing taken away. But then again Quake is still a thing, so that isn't universal.