**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Spider Ham vs Tigra

R1s02R1s02 Posts: 274 ★★
So with the new side event (thanks for it being rewarding kabam) I bought a 5* nexus. My options were spider ham, man thing and tigra. My initial reaction was tigra cos I watch a lotta msd and buddy lee, but then I thought I have doom, who does the things tigra does in a easier way except DOT. Then I thought that the closest power sting i have was a 4* r3 YJ. My 5* Science roster was also empty with only 3 champs (all god tier and above tho) but I didn't have any particular use for more mystic champs. The only ones I want are claire and diablo. I went for ham as hes good on defense as well, and most of my ally mates were telling me to go for him. We use him as defense on nodes 30 and above in he. Who would you have picked?

Spider Ham vs Tigra 32 votes

Tigra
40%
Lvernon15Logan00EtjamaMobile_P0tat0Icy000ErcarretSwarmOfRavensScrubhanraviXsharmaCowabungaWasy1Konstant45H4rold_of_Galactose 13 votes
Ham
50%
rishisaifmussapDes99MaratoxParam1988Rohit_316TrojansCeltic1981RiptideOoooiiiiieeeeeeAlbinoDarkElfSalve_maker05marino123SchnoodleC69_AlphaSwordEvolved 16 votes
Man thing
9%
ThatGuyYouSaw235RakeYoungPuttPutt 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Man thing
    For @PuttPutt
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Ham
    Ham no doubt. He is amazing with his power stings . A monster in incursion and finishes fights quickly. Got him from TB dailies and now he is a regular in my team outta my 18 r5s.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    Tigra
    Doom and Tigra do very different things so comparing them is not really a good idea. She fully prevents opponents from gaining buffs as long as she can remain aggressive enough to keep her neutralize debuffs up on them, while Doom nullifies existing buffs. This might not seem like a big difference but it becomes a big difference as soon as someone is (or some node turns them) nullify immune. We've seen that a lot recently.

An example can be Thing. Doom can't handle him properly since he can't nullify his buffs (is Thing stagger immune? I can't remember) but Tigra just couldn't care less about his unstoppable since she neutralizes it as soon as it activates. Same with unblockable and all kinds of different, annoying buffs.

Doom is still the better champion, but my point is just that they are two very different champions who shine in different circumstances.

So how does Tigra compare to Spider-Ham, then? Well, I can't really say since I haven't ranked up my creepy-crawly porkchop yet, but I will say that I think that power sting is a valuable tool to have at your disposal. There will always be power gain nodes and buffs that allow champs to throw a ton of special attacks, and being able to punish those (and take less damage from them) is a very valuable piece of utility. In that way, both Tigra and Spider-Ham are quite similar since both revolve around punishing the opponent for their actions, and both have abilities that mitigate SP damage (in Tigra's case, she can avoid projectiles).

In the end, I prefer Tigra and I think she's a more valuable addition to her class than Spider-Ham is for his (because I dislike the mystic class' sameness, and Tigra breaks that up), but I really like Spider-Ham as well and I'll rank him up eventually. If I pulled him as a 6*, I'd rank him up immediately.